Originally Posted by RKO2004

Originally Posted by DCStylez

Will post tomorrow:

2004 BMW 745i
2004 Lincoln LS V8
2002 Nissan Sentra GXE
Dang 3
eek.gif
. Nice. The only car I know I really want is a Charger. I can't really find anything else to really set my eyes on thats in my price range now.
No you don't man.

Biggest mistake I ever made back in 06 was buying a Charger. Everyone and their damn mom has one of these. Then, you get the other drivers who want to race you all the damn time. I just want to get from point A to point B without kiddies bugging. You also get the dudes who rev their engines at you or dudes in other Chargers even do it. It's like come on bro, we have the same exact car. Maybe it's just me, but I hate this damn car. Looks sweet tho.
pimp.gif

If anything, you can get a 06 maybe even a 07 SRT for less than 25. Yes, the economy is that bad. RT's can be had for less than 20. Keep looking and be patient if you really want a Charger.

These cars depreciate in value so much. If I would've known I would've never bought it at the time and waited a few years and got a SRT.

Seriously consider something else unless you get a hell of a deal on one.
took the words right out of my mouth

My car is terrible.
smh.gif

- Some idiot was keying cars down the street at the Indiana Black Expo in Summer 2007. My trunk caught 2 strokes.
- It's been broken into once...stole my CDs, CD player, and system all while cutting out the keyhole to prevent triggering the factory alarm.
- I get all of that replaced through insurance...but Circuit City's install job was terrible. They cut the wires short.
- Since the wiring job sucked, I took the system out but someone tried to break into it again. I'm sure they succeeded because I found blood around my dashand stuff but nothing was in there to steal. From that break in...they ripped back the sealing around the driver's door.
- My driver's side windshield wiper was yanked back...don't ask why...and is terribly off track...to the point where it will slap back so far that itgets stuck on the side window.
- The hydrolics that keeps the trunk up literally exploded because of negative degree weather this winter.

Maaaan...%%@% this car. 1997 Olds. Aurora by the way...

Originally Posted by NoSlickRemarks

When buying a used car, how many miles is too much?
all depends on the car ,85k on a benz and 85k on an accord or camry are 2 diffrent 85k's,if u get what im sayin

Originally Posted by Rapsteady1

I love getting the day off.

Cars: '08 Mercedes Benz C350
'04 Lincoln Navigator (not pictured)
'07 Mercedes Benz CLS 550 AMG (not pictured, RIP) (Totaled in car accident)

When things become a little more loose, planning on buying either a Range Rover Sport, Porsche Canyenne, Cadillac Escalade, or the Jaguar X-Type

Only pics I have so far, will post more later.

pimp.gif
YOU HIT THAT TURN HARRRRRRRRRRD huh?

2005 Lexus IS300
5-Speed

took me forever to find a stick IS300 with low miles. i just broke the 25k mile mark about 2 weeks back. looks the same in this pic, only thing that reallychanged is the grille, changed it to the smoked altezza grille with a red emblem, but i just got a black emblem which i havent put on yet. damn this coldweather. sorry for the big pics.

2nsxg6u.jpg

xppvg7.jpg

Not my pic, but mine is exactly the same...

31334090001_large.jpg

It's paid for and gets me through the snow... That's all I care about right now
pimp.gif

97 Explorer Sport BTW...

Originally Posted by lurkin2long

Originally Posted by Rapsteady1

I love getting the day off.

Cars: '08 Mercedes Benz C350
'04 Lincoln Navigator (not pictured)
'07 Mercedes Benz CLS 550 AMG (not pictured, RIP) (Totaled in car accident)

When things become a little more loose, planning on buying either a Range Rover Sport, Porsche Canyenne, Cadillac Escalade, or the Jaguar X-Type

Only pics I have so far, will post more later.

pimp.gif
YOU HIT THAT TURN HARRRRRRRRRRD huh?

sadly, yes. I was on a 6 lane freeway, driving from the slow lane, this pick up truck decides to switch on over to my lane without looking... he was about tohit the entire left side of my car but I sped up a little and drove on the shoulder.. I wasnt fast enough though. He ended up hitting the back leftwheel/bumper of my car causing it to spin out... I literally drifted 5 lanes over until I hit the divider. How I didn't hit another car while crossing isstill a mystery to me. How I'm still alive, I do not know either. Thank God.

moz-screenshot-2.jpg
02lincoln.jpg

I have the same car 00 Lincoln Continental.
Mine is emerald green with 20%
moz-screenshot.jpg
moz-screenshot-1.jpg
tint and different rims.
Would post myine but it's covered in salt from all the snow we got in the past week.

8e9368f54420567297b17df4bdc19e4e07598612.pjpg
69a36b364c665e9a9e167954b7a594764a4a636f.pjpg
78a26d044e5609e175bb5d96f8db70c8d1877733.pjpg
182260f4af5779d1790b199e202b0bdff4af01c1.pjpg

personaly i love old school american musle , i also love new american tech . so i have you can say " the best of both worlds " i drive my zo6everyday to work , down shift on the freeway goin about 80 and just smoke the tires . i have nothing done to it . theres no need to change perfection . then onthe weekends i might bring out the beast . my 68 chevelle super sport 396 original numbers maching car . its been in the works for about 5-6 years now . lookedlike a straight bucket before i got my hands on it . me and my cuz did all the work ourselfs ( other then the paint ) i did the body work . i took the thingdown to the chasis and started fresh . new everything . i mean the car is an 08 model now not 68 . i love both cars the z is the ULTIMATE DRIVEING EXPERIENCEwhen it comes to speed , cornering , brakeing . nothing touches it . i think the only thing to ever beat me on the street was a viper and a new zo6 . im aboutto upgrade to the new one soon , had this one since it came out . and just wanna step it up with out haveing to do any mods . i wanna keep my waranty !!!! thechevelle is a whole nother story . if your looking to break necks with out any shoes , this is the car to drive . you can hear me comein from 4-5 blocks away .you can dam near see me from that far too with the red paint . step on the pedal too hard and you might snap your own neck this car has soo much balls . ivtook it to the track years ago when it wasnt restored and it layed down a 11.2 on a 120 ' day all motor . iv rebuilt the motor since then and added someupgrades to the motor and suspention . i know its in the 10s for sure now .

77f368074ab95dc390607e54b50d98a95d97c2ab.pjpg
2cb26ba45a5d2987780b3c9ee5872af5c9281485.pjpg
167361d444bc52a99bf87abfbdca94d673b51d86.pjpg

this is what the insides looks like . iv yet to come across another zo6 with an interior like mine , i also just re-did the whole interior on my chevelle . thelast pic is one i took at treasure island in sf on a perfict night for raceing .

thats actualy alittle of my handy work . those are 80's cal plates that were blue / yellow . i taped off all the yellow numbers / letters and painted theplate black to look more original . black plates only had 6 digits on them . mine has 7 like modern ones . iv been pulled over a few times and no cop has everknown the diffrence

if your lookin to have alot of fun , buy a zo6 . but if you got the doe then go for a zr1 . my zo6 with 405 hp is already a bit dangerous . like i said i canspinnem at 80mph . i lost control of it when i first got it and spun it into the center divider raceing a turbo porshe . not a good look . personaly i thinkthe zr1 is just too much to have out on the street , well maybe for an ocasional cruse . but i drive mine everyday so on rainy days you gotta be very carefull. i dont think ill ever buy a nother car again . im a corvette lover for life . iv driven many other vehicles , but none have scared me more then my z .specialy for not haveing anything done to it . dont get me wrong , my chevelle can scare the crap out of me too , but iv done way too much to talk about to itto make it that way . my z is just the way i got it when i picked it up off the show room floor . and like i said " with a waranty "

Originally Posted by beeniemon

my 1990 accord, almost 300K and still running strong. raced daily lol. type r front lip, ebay header, magnaflow cat, greddy catback exhaust, 16 inch sparco ns-2 replicas, function and form type 2's, HELLA TORQUE!

my 96 civic hatchback, 2000 front end conversion, chargespeed front lip, type r front grille, integra type r 5 lug suspension setup, omnipower coilovers, b16a2 motor w a few goodies, gutted interior. 3 inch exhaust (used to be turbo, loud as balls).
ITR 5 lug conversion
pimp.gif
I want to do that to mine so bad. Don't have the cash to throw around though, plus I'm in the market for a Bseries swap.

i still dont understand why you guys do all those dumb things to those cars just to try and make them keep up with a stock ss camero . why not just buy a fastcar if you want a fast car . i dont get buying the slowest peace of crap out there , changeing everything in the car . just to try and make it fast . with allthat money you dump into it . if you sell it your not gonna get a 1/4 of that money back . i see my car as an investment , not just a toy . i mean i can getall if not more money back for my chevelle if i sold it . 30-40 grand . i donno , i guess since i have to work for my money i appreciate it abit more

if you like imports step it up , buy the skyline and come to the bay to have a little fun with the bigg boys out here .

I'm sure you know this, but there is more to a car than straight-line speed. Not only that, but modding a 4- or 6-cylinder Honda is infinitely easier andcheaper than doing a 1960's Chevy big-block.

You can't possibly see every car as an investment. A lot of fast cars that are built from the factory to go fast depreciate fast as hell. Seen the priceson the W221 S65's, or any of the 65 or 63 cars lately. You can get them for 60% off a year or two after they've been titled. Let'snot even talk about previous body CL55 or 65.
smh.gif
smokin.gif

i dont just straight line , i track too . thats what the vettes for . and i think your wrong on how much easyer it is to work on a big block then a fuelinjected car . when you work on an old school its back to basics . if you dont know the basics you aint gonna get no where . i mean look at my engine . theresnothing to it . if you aint got fuel , spark , or air . you aint got !@* . and you might be right about big block parts being a bit harder to find . but 350parts are a dime a dosen that motors been the same since the 70's when the came out to 01 whats in my z06

true about the 6.5s thats true with most cars now in days . thats why i have realy love my musle car . if i ever sell its gonna be cuz i need the money for adown payment on a house .

my vette didnt do as bad as other cars did . i mean i bought it for 45 in 01 when they came out . and its 09 now and i can still get close to 30 for it sinceits in great shape and my miles are low . so for haveing it 8 years and only looseing about 15 grand thats not bad when you compare buying a 150 grand 6.3 andthen selling it for 80 two years down the line .

Back
Top Bottom