Post your current hairstyle VOL. SUMMER 09

Originally Posted by DearWinter219

Originally Posted by SalviBoy7

difference between fade and taper?
Round here, A fade always meant your %!@* was cut with a very noticeable gradient (I guess that's the term) all the way around, except for the forehead of course. A taper meant that your %!@* was cut with a very slight gradient in the back and/or around the temples. Tapers>>>>>>>>>>>fades.
Thanks. I've been getting fades. They don't look bad on me, but what I've really wanted are tapers.
Guess I've been asking for the wrong thing.

3 with a 0 taper would look good no mo ?

Originally Posted by I Drink Your Milkshake

Originally Posted by Cz7

tips on getting some dreads going?
i did double strand twist
DON'T let the lady convince you that twisting them all the same way is "easier". Sure it looks great styled, but when the magicwheres off you'll have a mop top that won't fall right. If your $!%! isn't twisted counter on the right side and clockwise on the left, expectdisappointment. I MIGHT cut my $!%! and start over cuz of this $!%!
smh.gif
. then again, I'm hoping it won't even matter once I start draping.

difference between fade and taper?
Round here, A fade always meant your %!@* was cut with a very noticeable gradient (I guess that's the term) all the way around, except for the forehead of course. A taper meant that your %!@* was cut with a very slight gradient in the back and/or around the temples. Tapers>>>>>>>>>>>fades.
Thanks. I've been getting fades. They don't look bad on me, but what I've really wanted are tapers.
Guess I've been asking for the wrong thing.

3 with a 0 taper would look good no mo ?
I dunno
grin.gif
. But I feel as if a good taper is when you can see that the hair is shorter around the edges, but it's not bald or even close tobald. So I'd guess a 3 with a 2 taper or 1 taper would be good, but definitely not the 0. But like I said
Pssh, I still get confused when I read the actual guard numbers themselves.

this is my twitter pic but it's like this right now, 2 on top, 1 on side/taper but cant really tell from the pic

IMG_3006.jpg

Originally Posted by Cz7

DON'T let the lady convince you that twisting them all the same way is "easier". Sure it looks great styled, but when the magic wheres off you'll have a mop top that won't fall right. If your $!%! isn't twisted counter on the right side and clockwise on the left, expect disappointment. I MIGHT cut my $!%! and start over cuz of this $!%!
smh.gif
i mean, if you wear something on your head (which most guys don't!!!!) it won't look like a "mop" as he said. Make sure you get'em done every 3-4 weeks and "dry" wash your hair.

and worms Rilla? For real?
grin.gif

If youre light skinned with dark hair (like Deron Williams) a bald or skin taper looks terrible to me. Almost like a bad bowl cut.

Am i the only one that thinks this?

Originally Posted by Cz7

DON'T let the lady convince you that twisting them all the same way is "easier". Sure it looks great styled, but when the magic wheres off you'll have a mop top that won't fall right. If your $!%! isn't twisted counter on the right side and clockwise on the left, expect disappointment. I MIGHT cut my $!%! and start over cuz of this $!%!
smh.gif
i mean, if you wear something on your head (which most guys don't!!!!) it won't look like a "mop" as he said. Make sure you get 'em done every 3-4 weeks and "dry" wash your hair.

grin.gif

Guilty
embarassed.gif
. What's dry washing cuz I "regular wash" myhair so often it's bad for me
smh.gif
. I can't help it, I'm a cancer. I love water. And what's wrong withworms
laugh.gif
? That's what "they" think about us anyway, along with thinking our hair is filthy and disgusting at all times. Might as well throw itback at them.... it worked with the N word
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Cz7

smh.gif
i mean, if you wear something on your head (which most guys don't!!!!) it won't look like a "mop" as he said. Make sure you get 'em done every 3-4 weeks and "dry" wash your hair.

grin.gif

Guilty
embarassed.gif
. What's dry washing cuz I "regular wash" my hair so often it's bad for me
smh.gif
. I can't help it, I'm a cancer. I love water. And what's wrong with worms
laugh.gif
? That's what "they" think about us anyway, along with thinking our hair is filthy and disgusting at all times. Might as well throw it back at them.... it worked with the N word
laugh.gif
dry washing is like taking witch hazel and going through your roots....so your getting rid of the dirt but not getting it wet, thus loosening yourtwists/potential lock.

and I love water as well, but I'm a leo
pimp.gif
. Worms sounds !%%*$@'******ed, THAT'S what's wrong with it
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by BeautifulLoveLeal

34s5gyr.jpg
hair used to be 9 inches longer than this.....but with it triple digits outside....im keeping it short

I think the hairstyle looks great on you!

I know I will get dogged for this because of how I photoshooped these pics. Some probably already have seen these pics before and already know what I looklike, but I am still posting the photoshopped edited versions on here.

My hair is naturally curly. So when I gel it and style it to curl, it goes like this:
2n8mtrq.jpg

When I use the flat iron to kind of make it more wavy, it can get like this:
2a5ms7.jpg

I am actually thinking of getting bangs. It will most likely be side bangs. But, I do not know what would happen to them when my hair is curly. Big risk. Damn,I feel like I am posting on JJB here talking about hairstyles and what to do with my hair.
laugh.gif

I been short on a few screws, don't act so surprised
grin.gif
. Leos ftw. My mom was one.
pimp.gif
. July FTW in general
pimp.gif
. This witch hazel you speak ofthough...
nerd.gif
?

Originally Posted by oo206oo

If youre light skinned with dark hair (like Deron Williams) a bald or skin taper looks terrible to me. Almost like a bad bowl cut.

Am i the only one that thinks this?
i like the look personally. thats why my hair style resembles his although i wasn't doing it purposely.

Originally Posted by Hazeleyed Honey

34s5gyr.jpg
hair used to be 9 inches longer than this.....but with it triple digits outside....im keeping it short

I know I will get dogged for this because of how I photoshooped these pics. Some probably already have seen these pics before and already know what I look like, but I am still posting the photoshopped edited versions on here.

My hair is naturally curly. So when I gel it and style it to curl, it goes like this:
2n8mtrq.jpg

2a5ms7.jpg

I am actually thinking of getting bangs. It will most likely be side bangs. But, I do not know what would happen to them when my hair is curly. Big risk. Damn, I feel like I am posting on JJB here talking about hairstyles and what to do with my hair.
laugh.gif
mad.gif
why did you swirl out your boobs?

I been short on a few screws, don't act so surprised
grin.gif
. Leos ftw. My mom was one.
pimp.gif
. July FTW in general
pimp.gif
. This witch hazel you speak of though...
nerd.gif
?
I mean, you do that for like baby locks tho. You got bout what---2, 3 inches goin'? You can wash yours but you just gotta get 'em twistedright afterwards or something. What you NEED to do, is put a stocking cap over your head and THEN wash. That'll keep 'em in place better. But sinceI'm pretty sure yours haven't locked locked, I'd only wash 'em when I was gon' twist or havesomeone twist 'em.

AAAAND I'm an august leo, actually--this saturday.

34s5gyr.jpg

I know I will get dogged for this because of how I photoshooped these pics. Some probably already have seen these pics before and already know what I look like, but I am still posting the photoshopped edited versions on here.

2n8mtrq.jpg

2a5ms7.jpg

I am actually thinking of getting bangs. It will most likely be side bangs. But, I do not know what would happen to them when my hair is curly. Big risk. Damn, I feel like I am posting on JJB here talking about hairstyles and what to do with my hair.
laugh.gif

why would you do such a thing
frown.gif

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

mad.gif
why did you swirl out your boobs?
Must you ask
laugh.gif

I had a skin tapeup with a 6 on top going for almost 5 years, finally changed it up this summer a little bit and tried to let it grow out a little more. Gotsick of the fade/point sideburns and went with skinny boxes instead. Still keeping my goatee though

Originally Posted by Dr Spaceman

Originally Posted by MJROCCIN45

Like I said, dunno who or what PYP is but ok....

Bad pic quality but I aint trippin.. Dreaded since Feb. this year...

I call it a pushback for anybody catchin feelins..

eyes.gif

Did you Post Your Picture?

Oh okay... gotcha, good lookin out my dude..
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom