***Post Your Desktop / Guide To A Great Desktop***

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Yo Serve, how did you get those icons on the top right of your screen?
The Hard drive icon is just a shortcut i made to my external drive
"Stuff" is actually a folder.

To change the icons on the desktop
Right click on the shortcut, choose Properties, then you will see "change icon"
To change the icon of a folder, right click>Properties>Customize>Change icon

Icons on the Desktop have to be in .ico format.
On pg. 2 i put a program and a website that you can use to convert .png icons to .ico
Also, if you don't like those little arrows that Windows puts on the shortcuts
you can use this program to hide them Vista Shortcut Manager
i have a quick question about rain meter. im only using a clock and date config but when i start my computer they dont show up. i have to start rainmeter every time. how can i make is start up automatically?

When you first install Rainmeter, it asks you if you want to install a shortcut in your start up menu.
You should choose yes. Or you can create a rainmeter shortcut in the startup menu on your own.
You can google how to do that because i'm not quite sure how to. Or, uninstall rainmeter, delete the folder that it creates in the "Documents"section and re-install and make sure to select yes when it asks you...

thank serve. i reinstalled it and made sure everything was checked and it works perfectly.

yea, im a simp

I'm not very computer literate. When downloading Rainmeter, what's the difference between the 32 and 64bit download? Furthermore, do I use this programto get the icons with the words as opposed to the pictures?

Originally Posted by BlackSheep08

I'm not very computer literate. When downloading Rainmeter, what's the difference between the 32 and 64bit download? Furthermore, do I use this program to get the icons with the words as opposed to the pictures?
The terms 32-bit and 64-bit refer to the way acomputer's processor (also called a CPU), handlesinformation. The 64-bit version of Windows handleslarge amounts of random access memory (RAM) more effectively than a 32-bit system.

To see if your computer is running 32-bit or 64-bit Windows, do the following:

1. Open System by clicking the Start button
    4f6cbd09-148c-4dd8-b1f2-48f232a2fd33.png
    , clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Maintenance, and then clicking System.

2. Under System, you can view the system type.
I don't think icons are used in Rainmeter

Originally Posted by Regal Black

Originally Posted by BlackSheep08

I'm not very computer literate. When downloading Rainmeter, what's the difference between the 32 and 64bit download? Furthermore, do I use this program to get the icons with the words as opposed to the pictures?
The terms 32-bit and 64-bit refer to the way a computer's processor (also called a CPU), handles information. The 64-bit version of Windows handles large amounts of random access memory (RAM) more effectively than a 32-bit system.

To see if your computer is running 32-bit or 64-bit Windows, do the following:

1. Open System by clicking the Start button
    4f6cbd09-148c-4dd8-b1f2-48f232a2fd33.png
    , clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Maintenance, and then clicking System.

2. Under System, you can view the system type.
I don't think icons are used in Rainmeter

Good looking out!

Hey_

Downloaded Rainmeter,

gonna have to go through this thread with a fine tooth comb.

Julius F. Wrek

Originally Posted by BangDak

2 questions, can we have two separate "notes" on rainmeter? and if so, how do we do it?

and 2, does anyone have a nice calendar for rainmeter, sort of the one like neighborhood has?

anyone?

i don't think you can have 2 notes open at once
for the calendars you'll have to search on deviant art or interfacelift.com
i'm just using the one that comes with it.

the instructions you gave on page 1 are incomplete and incorrect for the most part.
I gave more detailed instructions to cut down on the same questions being asked over and over.

Originally Posted by ServeChilled81

the instructions you gave on page 1 are incomplete and incorrect for the most part.
I gave more detailed instructions to cut down on the same questions being asked over and over.

The instruction i put on pg.1 are the basics to get started.. what you put are more advance.

i suggest him to go read the basics before he goes to what you posted.

hm, i would like to know why if you chose the bolded calendar, theres an 32-41?
i have the same calendar as the one neighborhood has.

do does anyone know if its possible to have 2 "notes" in rainmeter?
frown.gif

still workin on gettin the hang of rainmeter, but making progress. thanks to everybody in this thread that's throwing up info and how-to's. ifanybody has questions Ill do my best to help too

I just added Objectdock, and the setup was really easy. However, let's say I open up Firefox, then minimize it. If I click on my firefox icon again, itwill just open another window instead of giving me the option to go back to the same one I had open. I have to go back to my regular windows 7 taskbar. Isthere a fix to this?

Anyway, this is what I'm working with.
15z47jo.jpg

Next, I wanna add a clock like the one on that dragonball wallpaper.

^^^^ dont just click it...press and hold it till some options come out then you can select the window you minimized

Ok, so with some playing around I found the clock I wanted for rainmeter. Do I need a new skin to make the numbers bold like heyitslando's?
14mqeyw.jpg

Also, I'm trying to move the computer stats to be right under the clock, but it won't let me move it. Ideas?

^^^ for the clock to look bold you need to install the font that it came with, after installing the font you just refresh the clock and you got it

Back
Top Bottom