Post your favorite "chill" songs (if you know what i mean) or just relaxing songs in general

Nina Simone - See-Line Woman (Masters At Work Remix)

Nice posts as usual Ro.

The Back To Mine series has a lot of great tunes & remixes...Nina Simone has been remixed a lot. Some of them are really bad & some are really good. This is one of my favorites. It's chill & energetic at the same time.

Karriem Riggins - Rhodes Ahead & Soul On Top

Love the sound of a Fender Rhodes....

Last edited:
Elbow - Mercy Street & Running To Stand Still

I've posted a lot of electronic/hip-hop stuff so posting something different. Covers can be hard to do especially iconic artists/songs. Elbow did a phenomenal job with the Peter Gabriel & U2 classics...

Groove Armada - A Private Interlude

My iPhone found this song on shuffle mode while working on some Monday morning spread sheets....Had to hit repeat a couple of times....

Massive Attack - Protection (ft. Tracey Thorn)

Massive Attack - Teardrop

Jamiroquai - Everyday

Art Of Noise - Moments In Love

Johann Sebastian Bach - Air on the G string

Watched Se7en the other night & this song played in the library scene when Dt. Somerset was researching Dante's Inferno...

Johann Sebastian Bach - The Goldberg Variations - BWV 988

...which made me think of this piece that Hannibal Lecter was listening to in Silence of the Lambs. Guess Bach lends itself well to serial killer movies... Chill music while working on some spread sheets...

Flying Lotus - Fall In Love (Dilla Tribute) & Massage Situation

Thanks Ro. Glad someone appreciates something a little different than the usual stuff posted on NT.

I like the Afta-1 post...

Some older Flying Lotus...

Afta-1 - Song For A, Sweet Caress, & The Time In Between

Ro, you made me look at what I had on my iPhone from Afta-1... Thanks for reminding me of him...

Bringing it back with that Flylo :pimp:.

No prob. Love seeing variety,one of the things that I love about this thread.

One last Afta-1 track

J Dilla - Thought U Wuz Nice (Instrumental)

The instrumental of the Phife Dog track from the late 90s. The Phife track provided in spoiler mode below...

Last edited:
Most of Khalifas new album is really chill. Although nothing on it was at all bad, I'm mainly digging the production. Lyrics didn't hype me up too much. STU and Up In It are my favorite overall tracks. STU isn't really a chills song though. Check out Up In It.

An Australian producer Ta-Ku has been a per night dedication to Nujabes. He dubbed it 25 Nights For Nujabes. He played the final installment yesterday so all 25 are now available on Soundcloud.

https://soundcloud.com/takugotbeats

Ta-Ku is always appreciated :pimp:. He also dropped another tribute project a while back for Dilla titled 50 Days for Dilla

Couple relaxing beats

Last edited:
I'd say.....one of my own..but more so because of the smooth Gramatik beat..he's a beast !! the way he blends jazzy type samples is crazy

I'd say.....one of my own..but more so because of the smooth Gramatik beat..he's a beast !! the way he blends jazzy type samples is crazy
Repped. Never heard of you before this, but I **** with you. Great song and Gramatik is one of my favorite producers right now #digitalfreedom . All of PrettyLightsMusic is big but Gramatik is my favorite because he samples like none other

One of the best of all time

Last edited:
Repped. Never heard of you before this, but I **** with you. Great song and Gramatik is one of my favorite producers right now #digitalfreedom . All of PrettyLightsMusic is big but Gramatik is my favorite because he samples like none other
I appreciate that man...yea his samples are like that for real!!. I definitely wanted to check out pretty lights at the governers ball in nyc..I know they will kill it.

Bonobo - Heaven For The Sinner (ft. Erykah Badu) & Cirrus

Nice posts everyone. Reps all around...Good to see new folks in the thread.

New material from the British producer including a great collab with Erykah Badu. Both songs are featured on an upcoming release coming April 1st.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom