****Post your Greatest pickup of all time****

well, about 5 years ago when i first found NT, i found this and wanna just share it with you...

indifferent.gif

AM87...
roll.gif
as soon as I saw the space I knew what was coming...pause.

Damn well welcome to NT
laugh.gif

Try contributing to threads before starting your own.
To help you get started I got these for $2 from the swapmeet
Og Baby Concords

Come on guys remember we were all new at one time.
However I know we didnt make threads like this lol

Originally Posted by s dubl

AM87...
roll.gif
laugh.gif

i'll play along...although i have too many good deals to pick a favorite....just some notable ones that stand out:

1. ds heinekens off ebay when they first showed up for $125, and i thought that was expensive at the time....lol
2. ds stealth blue 90's for $90
3. ds Teal AM lights for $30
4. vnds EU mesh AM1's for $60
5. vnds Ben Drury AM1's and Blue toe structures for $200 (thank you always buddy!
tongue.gif
)
6. ds Pimento AM1's for $50
7. nds JD AM98's for $25

.....always more to come!

Kobe IV venoms for $100 some after cashback on ebay!
and Jordan XIV retro's wht/red/blk $20 at footlocker (started my sneaker obsession)

YO!
roll.gif

But I'll play:

1 - Eighth grade, got word that Champs was selling the retro (1994's) I's for $20. Called Mom non stop. This was pre cell phone, so I had to call allof my Mom's co-workers, friends, my grandma, my aunt to find her because she didn't come straight home after work. She gets home about 8:00 pm, Iexplain to her the "situation"
laugh.gif
and we make moves toward the mall. I cop the black pair (assuming I could only get one pair) and broke out justbefore closing. As we're leaving the parking lot on the way home my Mom says,"If I knew they were $20 I would've let you get both colors."
indifferent.gif
smh.gif

2 - August 30, 2005... I had just gotten home from copping Late Registration. I was jamming and figured I'd call the SB spots to see if their Tiffanyshipments had come. A spot in Columbia (hr. away) told me that UPS was at the back door at that very moment.
eek.gif
Called the 2nd spot (30 mins. away fromColumbia) and told them I was on my way. Ran out the house with my Kanye about noon. Drove through scattered THUNDER STORMS. Had to pull over, turn around,call the stores for directions. Arrived back home in Charlotte around 9:00 pm
laugh.gif
... with 4 pair of Tiffany's. $74.99 each.
pimp.gif
(Not to mention 2 pair ofStussy dunks, and a pair of Band Aids for $37.50 each)

3 - January 28, 2006... after a long night of phone calls back & forth with my PNC, we show up to the mall at 7:00 am for the DMP's. Expecting linesout the door; we see NO ONE.
eek.gif
Went to 3 different stores - left with a total of 15 packages between the 2 of us.
smh.gif
... should've copped all of themhad we had better sense.

DF!!!

Originally Posted by AirAnt23

YO!
roll.gif

But I'll play:

1 - Eighth grade, got word that Champs was selling the retro (1994's) I's for $20. Called Mom non stop. This was pre cell phone, so I had to call all of my Mom's co-workers, friends, my grandma, my aunt to find her because she didn't come straight home after work. She gets home about 8:00 pm, I explain to her the "situation"
laugh.gif
and we make moves toward the mall. I cop the black pair (assuming I could only get one pair) and broke out just before closing. As we're leaving the parking lot on the way home my Mom says,"If I knew they were $20 I would've let you get both colors."
indifferent.gif
smh.gif

2 - August 30, 2005... I had just gotten home from copping Late Registration. I was jamming and figured I'd call the SB spots to see if their Tiffany shipments had come. A spot in Columbia (hr. away) told me that UPS was at the back door at that very moment.
eek.gif
Called the 2nd spot (30 mins. away from Columbia) and told them I was on my way. Ran out the house with my Kanye about noon. Drove through scattered THUNDER STORMS. Had to pull over, turn around, call the stores for directions. Arrived back home in Charlotte around 9:00 pm
laugh.gif
... with 4 pair of Tiffany's. $74.99 each.
pimp.gif
(Not to mention 2 pair of Stussy dunks, and a pair of Band Aids for $37.50 each)

3 - January 28, 2006... after a long night of phone calls back & forth with my PNC, we show up to the mall at 7:00 am for the DMP's. Expecting lines out the door; we see NO ONE.
eek.gif
Went to 3 different stores - left with a total of 15 packages between the 2 of us.
smh.gif
... should've copped all of them had we had better sense.

DF!!!

YO!
I Envy you
mad.gif

DF!!!

WoW!! DF dem some pickups!!! My best so far has been my son and daughter and the crib.. FFFFFF---shoes

Picked up the pharell dunks when they came out at NT chi. Then traded them for Ds cool grey xi and ds white and red xi patent lows.

So I basically got two pairs of DS xi for 130 bucks. Also got vnds concord retros for 140 shipped about 5 years ago.

Originally Posted by khoshabasfinest23

Picked up the pharell dunks when they came out at NT chi. Then traded them for Ds cool grey xi and ds white and red xi patent lows.

So I basically got two pairs of DS xi for 130 bucks. Also got vnds concord retros for 140 shipped about 5 years ago.

I copped those Bron-Bron's at a Swap-meet in Chicago for 45 bones.

The greatest pickup i had is when the Fire Red 3s dropped i went to my local mall to get some kicks and i thought that fire reds would be sold out so i wentinto the local footlocker and looked around and i asked the guy do u have any pairs left and he said yes and it was my size
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by JumpmanJordanAddict89

The greatest pickup i had is when the Fire Red 3s dropped i went to my local mall to get some kicks and i thought that fire reds would be sold out so i went into the local footlocker and looked around and i asked the guy do u have any pairs left and he said yes and it was my size
pimp.gif

Nice...Iv been hittin up Goodwill's lately, and hvnt been finding any thing in my size. I did see a pair of retro 180 pump's, but they were completelycracked, and were sz. 8.5. I passed on buying them though.

I was pretty pleased with these pickups....

$138...
4178786858_5a44ae8bf1.jpg

$78...
3922611360_c81f891a25.jpg

Not a "steal" -but considering todays re-seller market $235 isn't so bad...
4178805166_b15b5d996c.jpg

Sometimes I get good deals, sometimes I probably pay a little more than I should ...the thing that always f*s me up though is the shipping costs to UK
mad.gif

Originally Posted by FIREPOWER23

I was pretty pleased with these pickups....

$138...
4178786858_5a44ae8bf1.jpg

$78...
3922611360_c81f891a25.jpg

Not a "steal" -but considering todays re-seller market $235 isn't so bad...
4178805166_b15b5d996c.jpg

Sometimes I get good deals, sometimes I probably pay a little more than I should ...the thing that always f*s me up though is the shipping costs to UK
mad.gif

Nice. Lol. you got a pair of XII's for 78$$...im jealous.

Back
Top Bottom