Post Your Jailbroken Ipod/Iphone! Vol. Ask Questions Here Too.

also

does jailbreaking or unlocking your iphone effect it when you try to sync it to your computer?

like if i got an app from the app store would it not work

or wanted to put some music on it by hooking it up to the computer

thanks

what is the difference between unlocking your iphone and jailbreaking it?
unlocking it means that the iphone can be used with any carrier service.(T-Mobile, etc) Just switch the sim card.

jailbreaking it means you can download third party apps, like cydia. Apps that the apple app store doesn't not have or dream of. More like unofficialunlicensed apps. More creative as well.

Thanks Julian.
pimp.gif

Is it also possible to take out the words below the icons?

Originally Posted by AKA King Arthur

also

does jailbreaking or unlocking your iphone effect it when you try to sync it to your computer?

like if i got an app from the app store would it not work

or wanted to put some music on it by hooking it up to the computer

thanks

you will still be able to attach it to the original default comp you synced it with. apps you have already bought from the store will be able to be downloadedagain free of charge.

i use sharepod (check on google) for transferring music, its a lot easier for me. also if you download iphonebrowser u can upload .ipa files (game installerfiles) that you have downloaded onto your computer to your iphone

^ once you have iphonebrowser, add ipa files to the extension folder private -> var -> mobile -> downloads and you can go back to installous on yourphone, and there should be a file ready to install

Ok so I got a 3rd gen ipod touch jailbroken. I have winterboard, but how do I get/access springboard? A lot of themes on Cydia only work with Springboard....

Any help is appreciated.

Help needed

So I just switched carriers and have no use for my old iPhone 2G. I previously had it jail-broken/unlocked but I still had like year and a half old software. So my service is now turned off but I forgot do update the software/jailbreak it again before and now I restored the phone downloaded blackra1n onto it thenrealized I need the internet to open it up and make it work. So of course I tried to throw my buddies sim card in but it asks me to activate the phone whichit already is. Is there anyway to get around that so I can jailbreak/unlock again or am I out of luck now?

Thanks in advance...

Originally Posted by Julian Wright

How do you guys SSH themes to your iphone? I'm using cyberduck and I can't find the folder I'm supposed to put it in.

I use winscp, pretty easy and straight forward.
Originally Posted by Yan Can Cook

if im selling my iphone, would it make more $ if i jailbroke it?

yep

Question and please answer it through here or PM.
I jailbroke my iPhone today, everything is smooth and good except I lost most of the options I had with a "clean" iPhone.
I can't add another Mail account, or I can't enable Find My iPhone.

Originally Posted by MrWavez

ok so how do you get themes...

i did the blackra1n/installous thing so im good...

Did you get cydia? Installous is for free apps. Cydia is for themes.

Originally Posted by NEIGHB0RH00D

Yea...I downloaded windows 7 theme it looks pretty cool and then i got some space jams in my BG...looks dope

NEIGHB0RH00D wrote:

MrWavez wrote:

Yea...I downloaded windows 7 theme it looks pretty cool and then i got some space jams in my BG...looks dope

Get a theme called Eraser 2. One of my favorite themes. Also, theres one called Vending Machine which is dope, too.
You can do more things then just themes. You can change your battery logo, your carrier name, your WiFi icon, your dock flow, font color, calculator, etc.

Go on Cydia and type in Ispazio. He has some good tweaks. There will be a whole bunch of %*$% you can change. Just read what each one does on your ipod.

Dont download the Keyboard skin, btw. It doesnt work on 3.0 +

Originally Posted by SalviBoy7

Question and please answer it through here or PM.
I jailbroke my iPhone today, everything is smooth and good except I lost most of the options I had with a "clean" iPhone.
I can't add another Mail account, or I can't enable Find My iPhone.
really weird. none of that should of happened.

Back
Top Bottom