Post Your Motorcycle

For $10-11k I'd be looking for a slightly used 2016 R1S. Seen a couple in the high $10k's. Brand new they're in the upper $12k. The R1S, not the standard R1. That matte grey is a thing of beauty.

Any financing tips? Trying to finance a used bike...with gear haha

PAY CASH, HIT UP CYCLE GEAR(OR eBAY/CRAIGSLIST DEPENDING ON WHAT GEAR) :lol:

definitely would recommend paying cash/not financing what is mostly considered a recreational vehicle...maybe if you stay somewheres that you ride all-year and was your main mode of transportation, but even then the increased riding also increases likelihood & vulnerability of the motorcycle to accidents, damage, & theft...it's too many good bikes in private sales (just make sure you do the knowledge on the bike 1st, even if it means paying a mechanic to check it out for you), unless you're after something either super specific or exotic, you'd be better off waiting until you have your money right to just buy outright...

Ive been asking and researching around almost everyone is saying pay it off in full...but im too damn impatient lol. I think I will just go ahead and finance Iinstead of doin the right thing. Is it normal to be able to finance used motorcycles with gear also? 

Ive been asking and researching around almost everyone is saying pay it off in full...but im too damn impatient lol. I think I will just go ahead and finance Iinstead of doin the right thing. Is it normal to be able to finance used motorcycles with gear also? 

can't say i'm familiar with what dealerships would all finance, i doubt it because gear prolly isn't repossesable as the vehicle but maybe it is possible you can talk them into throwing in gear?

Not sure about financing with gear..unless you mean financing with a dealership. I financed my bike in 2015 with a private seller and paid it all off earlier this year. The interest rate was low enough (3.5) that the interest I would end up paying on a 36 month loan was only around $350.

Have any of you ever traded in your bikes? I have my bike on Craigslist now but no potential buyers yet.

i have. just like cars, you'll get more money if you sell privately than trading in. i traded in my R3 and only got $1800 for it where if i sold it on my own, i could've probably gotten $2500.

Took delivery of this today...

Have any of you ever traded in your bikes? I have my bike on Craigslist now but no potential buyers yet.

GOT MY BIKE ON CL/FB AND NOTHING BUT LOWBALLERS KEEP CONTACTING ME... SO IVE BEEN IGNORING LOTS OF MESSAGES.

Last edited:
thunderchunk69 thunderchunk69 Looks dope.

If I were you Id put reflective tape around your rims and get a brighter bulb in the front.

Possibly swap out the plastics for different color.

@ThunderChunk69 Looks dope.

If I were you Id put reflective tape around your rims and get a brighter bulb in the front.

Possibly swap out the plastics for different color.
+1

I'm thinking about using the reflective tape since my commute to the job begins at night.

@ThunderChunk69   Consider installing HIDs.  I went with the Xentec Kit from ebay for $29. I had a leftover bulb from my car kit so I was able to install both low and hi beams.

You won't regret the improved visibility

Probably gonna get an SV650 or the Honda CBR500R for my first bike. Ive always been a fan of the sport bike look though. Any way I can mod the front of the SV650 to make it look like one?

Also whats everyones opinion on an SV650 vs Honda CBR500R?

Probably gonna get an SV650 or the Honda CBR500R for my first bike. Ive always been a fan of the sport bike look though. Any way I can mod the front of the SV650 to make it look like one?

ITS ONLY NATURAL THAT YOU WILL WANT TO GO FASTER.... LOOK AT BIGGER BIKES.

I STARTED OFF ON A 1000 SIMPLY BECAUSE I NEED A BIG BIKE CUZ IM 6'7... BUT ALSO I KNEW IF I WOULDVE GOT A 750(AS SMALL AS I WOULDVE WENT) TO START WITH, I'D BE DYING TO GET A 1000.... SO IT WAS A 2 FOR 1 ON MY END :lol:

Last edited:

New SV650? The SV650s have been tried and true for the past decade. Personally I would not try to mod it to look like a sport bike.

The new CBR500R looks great, but I suggest 600cc and up.

If you're looking at the SV650, consider an FZ-07 too. If you want something sport looking but more upright try the new Kawasaki 650 ninja or a low-mileage FZ6R.

Last edited:
@sneakerp good looks I'll check those out. Maybe i should just get a cbr650f lol

And @bigslim773 dawg I wish I was ready for a 1000 but all the forums I look at are all saying no haha. No experience on a bike yet. Taking my course then getting my license soon

Decisions decisions

Last edited:
@sneakerp good looks I'll check those out. Maybe i should just get a cbr650f lol

And @bigslim773 dawg I wish I was ready for a 1000 but all the forums I look at are all saying no haha. No experience on a bike yet. Taking my course then getting my license soon

Decisions decisions

I like the CBR650F and heard good things, but way too overpriced even in the semi used market.

Decisions decisions

I TOOK THE MOTORCYCLE CLASS JULY OF 2016, BOUGHT MY USED 2007 CBR 1000 IN AUGUST 2016.... IT IS MY FIRST BIKE. LIKE I MENTIONED ABOVE, BIG BIKES ARE MY ONLY OPTION DUE TO MY HEIGHT. THEY ARE ONLY AS FAST AS YOU MAKE THEM GO.

MY WIFE BOUGHT A HARLEY IRON 883... WE BOTH HAD ZERO EXPERIENCE ON BIKES.... I TOLD HER DONT BUY IT TIL AFTER WE TOOK THE CLASS TO SHE IF SHE WOULD LIKE IT.... OF COURSE SHE DIDNT LISTEN.

WE TOOK THE CLASS, I PASSED(BEST SCORE IN THE CLASS) AND SHE FAILED. I HONESTLY THINK THAT BROUGHT HER SPIRIT ALL THE WAY DOWN AND JUST GAVE UP.

AS OF TODAY, SHE HAS ONLY RODE HER HARLEY 4 TIMES SINCE JUNE 2016.... 2 TIMES THRU HER NEIGHBORHOOD AND 2 TIMES ON THE STREET... NOW SHE HAS IT UP FOR SALE. SHE SAYS SHE DIDNT THINK SHE WOULD BE AS SCARED AS SHE IS.... :smh: :smh: :smh: :smh: :smh:

ME ON THE OTHER HAND, MY BIKE HAD 6800 MILES ON IT WHEN I BOUGHT IT. AS OF THIS POST, IM 20 MILES OR SO SHY OF 11K. IVE ALWAYS WANTED A BIKE AND I WAS DETERMINED TO RIDE AND RIDE TIL I GOT BETTER. ITS ALL IN WHAT YOU MAKE IT BUT IT IS NOT FOR EVERYBODY.

MY BEST ADVICE IS PAY EXTREME ATTENTION TO EVERYTHING AROUND YOU.... WHAT YOU ARE DOING AS A RIDER IS NATURAL SO YOU DONT PAY THAT MUCH ATTENTION TO YOURSELF.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom