Post Your Motorcycle

Yeah you can learn on a Busa, just gotta be a level headed individual... never anything smaller than a 750 (bike I learned on) besides my Grom and 50cc Honda dirtbikes which I consider toys.

For those of you who ride naked bikes any pros and cons?

what i can think of off top...

pros:
usually more upright and as a result more comfortable riding position, so can be easier to ride and see & be seen in traffic
no fairings/less plastics

cons:
usually no wind protection,

depends:
most models put somewhat less racy/detuned engines than their sportbike counterparts

Yeah you can learn on a Busa, just gotta be a level headed individual... never anything smaller than a 750 (bike I learned on) besides my Grom and 50cc Honda dirtbikes which I consider toys.

yea, some COULD learn on a hayabusa, but SHOULD you is the pertinent question? that is a question that every individual has to answer...generally smaller displacement bike are just that, smaller & lighter, and less power thus they are generally easier to maneuver...for sportbikes this is almost the reverse, the weight differences are minimal, which in most cases makes the handling somewhat similar, so there isn't much that really separates a modern 600cc, 750cc, & 1000cc sportbikes besides engine size & characteristics and components (brakes, suspension, etc.), so it really comes down to the the wants & capabilities of rider...

the one thing i'd recommend is taking a rider course before buying a bike, that way one can at least make a semi-informed decision about what they can handle...because some thing you do have to experience yourself rather than taking the experience of others as being necessarily applicable to you...

Last edited:

pros:
usually more upright and as a result more comfortable riding position, so can be easier to ride and see & be seen in traffic

cons:

depends:
most models put somewhat less racy/detuned engines than their sportbike counterparts

yea, some COULD learn on a hayabusa, but SHOULD you is the pertinent question? that is a question that every individual has to make. generally smaller displacement bike are just that, smaller & lighter, and less power thus they are generally easier to maneuver...for sportbikes this is almost the reverse, the weight differences are minimal, which in most cases makes the handling somewhat similar, so there isn't much that really separates a modern 600cc, 750cc, & 1000cc sportbikes besides engine size & characteristics and components (brakes, suspension, etc.), so it really comes down to the the wants & capabilities of rider...

the one thing i'd recommend is taking a rider course before buying a bike, that way one can at least make a semi-informed decision about what they can handle...because some thing you do have to experience yourself rather than taking the experience of others as being necessarily applicable to you...

AGREED.

pros:

cons:

Wind is my biggest concern. Is it something you get used to?

Wind is my biggest concern. Is it something you get used to?

i would think so, if we are thinking of the same thing; me calling it wind protection is a misnomer, though i can't of the proper word...basically you are less aerodynamic on a naked bike, i think it really is only an issue at high speed. of course most bikes and maybe naked & sportbikes with the rider are relatively high profile vehicles (taller than wide) especially, there isn't much wind protection

Im glad I started on a 600 last year. Just learning how to properly control & maneuver a bike is the most important imo. Modern liter bikes are a lot safer tho with the rider modes, traction control, ABS, etc. I plan on taking skme track day classes to learn & get even more comfortable.

Took delivery of this today...

This bike is hard G
Good looks, hit me if you're ever out in NoVa.

^ Where you at in NOVA?

Can anyone recommend any sites that have parts for a decent price. I can't believe how hard it is finding parts for my bike. I need a stator and a rectifier and it's a ***** to find. Thanks

Last edited:
^ Where you at in NOVA?

Can anyone recommend any sites that have parts for a decent price. I can't believe how hard it is finding parts for my bike. I need a stator and a rectifier and it's a ***** to find. Thanks
Yea bro, been out here for about 2 years now. As far as parts, I oredered a stator & rectifier from motorcyclesuperstore for my R6 last year. Prices were pretty decent.

Lmao, it's cool. I literally asked a page back if there are any North Jersey riders.

So yes! I took the pic then hopped in my real gear and helmet, lol.

I bought an r3 to resell last week as well.
What you riding :nerd:

Lmao, it's cool. I literally asked a page back if there are any North Jersey riders.

So yes! I took the pic then hopped in my real gear and helmet, lol.

I bought an r3 to resell last week as well.
What you riding :nerd:

lol I'm still on my first bike, a 2004 Suzuki GS500F. I'll get to upgrading eventually.

Scrambler's are so sexy and I heard they're stupid fun. Ride safe, sir. 

Last edited:
Currently riding a Honda CBR 250r since last April. Love the bike, because it's helped me learn how to ride and given me experience and confidence. But now looking to upgrade to something bigger. I like the seated position on the 250r, but just need something with a little more power and more forgiving similar to what I have.

Was looking into the Kawasaki Ninja 650 or the CBR 500r as potential bikes. Does anyone have any input or advice they can offer? I initially wanted to get a CBR 600rr or an R6, but the seating position is way to leaned forward and aggressive for my liking. I'm also intimidated with the power those bikes have to offer. I want something with power and torque, but don't want get on something thats heavy and may be too much for me to handle.

Are they any other bikes I should be looking into? I also don't want to spend an arm and a leg either. I recently just got married and planning for a formal ceremony in a few months.

Currently riding a Honda CBR 250r since last April. Love the bike, because it's helped me learn how to ride and given me experience and confidence. But now looking to upgrade to something bigger. I like the seated position on the 250r, but just need something with a little more power and more forgiving similar to what I have.

Was looking into the Kawasaki Ninja 650 or the CBR 500r as potential bikes. Does anyone have any input or advice they can offer? I initially wanted to get a CBR 600rr or an R6, but the seating position is way to leaned forward and aggressive for my liking. I'm also intimidated with the power those bikes have to offer. I want something with power and torque, but don't want get on something thats heavy and may be too much for me to handle.

Are they any other bikes I should be looking into? I also don't want to spend an arm and a leg either. I recently just got married and planning for a formal ceremony in a few months.

Are you referring to new ninja 650? They just redid the frame and updated the bike. The 500 isn't even 500cc, go a little bigger for longevity.

Any interest in naked bikes? I'd say look into the FZ-07.

Are you referring to new ninja 650? They just redid the frame and updated the bike. The 500 isn't even 500cc, go a little bigger for longevity.

Any interest in naked bikes? I'd say look into the FZ-07.

Def interested in naked bikes. And have considered the FZ 07, but something about the FZ 10 :pimp:

Yes, I'm referring to the new 650r. It has gotten tons of great reviews, but how much bigger should I go in that class. I don't want to feel intimidated :lol:

Def interested in naked bikes. And have considered the FZ 07, but something about the FZ 10 :pimp:

Yes, I'm referring to the new 650r. It has gotten tons of great reviews, but how much bigger should I go in that class. I don't want to feel intimidated :lol:

The FZ-10 is a hooligan. I would not recommend that bike coming off a 250r its an upright naked R1 basically.

Yeah the new 650r is a great bike. As for as going bigger in that class, it all depends on your rider limits and whether you will commute, hit track, canyon carve.

The FZ-10 is a hooligan. I would not recommend that bike coming off a 250r its an upright naked R1 basically.

Yeah the new 650r is a great bike. As for as going bigger in that class, it all depends on your rider limits and whether you will commute, hit track, canyon carve.
Go for the FZ-09/XSR900, Superduke 690, or the new Street Triple

Been taking advantage of the weather lately. Hope you all have been riding too.

Keep the rubber side down fellas

Last edited:
Aight aight aight..

I've found a NEW love!!!...

Maybe Honda is where I need to be..[emoji]129300[/emoji]

Africa Twin 1000L

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom