Post Your Motorcycle

Rear ended a Hummer today. Thank God there's not a scratch on me. My headlight hit his tow hitch and my 1/4th of my clutch lever snapped. Other than that the bike's fine too.
20180905_102204.jpg

Ride safe fam.

Just got a 2013 monster 796 that someone had dropped for dirt cheap. Been through a few bikes, but it’s been a while. Few things need to be fixed on it:

1. Needs new brake pads
2. Needs a new tail light
3. Speedometer is cracked so it doesn’t show anything at all. This will probably be the biggest pain in the *** to deal with.

Pretty excited to be back on two wheels again. Always forget how fun it is.

Started fixing it up over the last couple weeks.

Got new brake pads, but maybe I need to flush the fluid? Not sure, but the rear brake slows it down to a point and then just stops doing anything after a certain point. Even stopped and pressing nothing but the rear brake, nothing happens and the bike still moves if I let it.

Got a new tail light, but haven’t installed it yet. Suck at wiring and stuff so I’ll get my friend to help me this week.

Got new fairings and other small cosmetics so the bike looks pretty new now. Tried taping the scuffed exhaust side up, but it still looks ugly.

2en427q.jpg

Started fixing it up over the last couple weeks.

Got new brake pads, but maybe I need to flush the fluid? Not sure, but the rear brake slows it down to a point and then just stops doing anything after a certain point. Even stopped and pressing nothing but the rear brake, nothing happens and the bike still moves if I let it.

Got a new tail light, but haven’t installed it yet. Suck at wiring and stuff so I’ll get my friend to help me this week.

Got new fairings and other small cosmetics so the bike looks pretty new now. Tried taping the scuffed exhaust side up, but it still looks ugly.

2en427q.jpg

it's looking pretty clean, always loved the exposed dry clutch on ducatis

Funny but me and my uncle did the Califonia Superbike School last year in Jersey, he's been riding for 5+ years and went down for the first time in the first turn. Meanwhile here I am with one year experience making him look bad. It's best to get as much coaching as early as possible before you develop bad habits. People think they can drive/ride with the best of them until they're shown up or hurt themselves. Driver mod >>>>>
Where's this school? I don't have a superbike, but some good friends do.

My 3rd bike is a grom for the person that mentioned it. It goes 72, then hits the rev limiter. I don't think it's worth upgrading the ECU to go faster. (Didn't do the work on it. Has 3k in upgrades, those led headlights are $700 alone)

20180708_181424.jpg

My other 2;
Dr650 supermoto with almost no mods.
And a dropped R3 I fixed myself and sold twice for a good amount. 1st buyer couldn't keep up with the payments and let me keep it so I sold it again!

IMG-20170511-WA0007.jpeg

20170905_113650.jpg

IMG_20181006_130844_595.jpg

Where's this school? I don't have a superbike, but some good friends do.
Just google “California Superbike School” and look up their schedule for the year. They usually hit the popular tracks twice a year. If you don’t have a bike or equipment you can always rent theirs. I highly recommend it and would like to attend again this year myself.

yo thunderchunk69 thunderchunk69 thanks for posting your grom bro. I been debating between a Grom and z125. Any major differences I should know about.

Full disclosure the z125 is pretty cheap out here (2400) so I been leaning that way. Groms are a couple hundred more but I'd rather spend that dough on mods.

I currently ride a Iron 883 that I will be keeping as my big boy bike.

yo thunderchunk69 thunderchunk69 thanks for posting your grom bro. I been debating between a Grom and z125. Any major differences I should know about.

Not too sure on the differences, I'd just say that a stock grom is pretty slow and they all crawl in first gear. After first gear and especially with performance mods they're insanely fun. Find a local grom group on FB and you're set!
I personally wouldn't buy the grom new/stock. It's a 125cc Honda, as long as the frame isn't bent it will last forever. Let someone else spend $ on the performance mods. If $ and time aren't an issue I can def see the fun in customizing them the way you want, it's just not worth it to me. Bike is inexpensive, but those parts cost almost like big boy bikes. If that's really what you're looking to do. Make a list of all the things you'd buy right away (performance first, you're going to want them 1st year anyway)

I'd just cop one off craigslist that already goes near 70mph, inspect the frame, and change the plastics at best. Ready to ride.

That one's for sale if you're on the east coast:nerd: my dude did all that work. He had the rear stretched too. Just wasn't my style.

Last edited:
How do y'all wash y'all bikes? Like is there a specific soap brand y'all use or whatever? Been to bike washes before and see them just hose and soap the bikes but never trust the chicks giving the washing, ya feel me? So what's the exact proper way to?

I never wash my bike

I used car soap and water in an empty windex bottle and spray and wipe the entire bike.

Rinseless or waterless wash depending on how dirty. I just don't like the idea of spraying water all over electrical connections.

Love Groms but it'd probably be a bad idea for someone like me. I had a Husky Supermotard and had to sell it after riding only 200 miles and getting 3 tickets. :frown:

Back
Top Bottom