Post your NCAA Tournament Selections..(Sweet 16, Elite 8, Final 4, Nat'l 'Ship, Cinderellas, Upsets)

All you Pitt doubters are gonna be sorry, I've got my boys going to the Elite 8 now, I think Texas might be too much unfortunately.

I'm thinking CS Fuller over Wisconsin in a huge first round upset that nobody is thinking of. It's pretty much the only game I have left in the firstround that I can't decide on. (Well outside of Kentucky/Marquette and WVU/Zona).

HELP!!!
laugh.gif

Here's mine. Normally, I'm the "best of both worlds" type. Meaning....since I was a little kid I've always picked someone other than KUto win that way if I'm right, I win money and I'm happy, but if I'm wrong, KU wins and I'm still happy. This year I couldn't do it becauseI really do think we are the best team in the nation when it comes to overall defense, offense, and bench depth. The only thing I'm worried about iscatching someone playing lights out (2003 national title cough cough** Syracuse) that knocks us off. The freshman and sophomores that weren't ready in thepast are seniors and juniors this year. I just have a hunch that we will do it this year.

28f35d45ea28ecaf80a7d60ba959726ecfe2b89.bmp

Final Four

North Carolina
Texas
Wisconsin
UCLA

Championship

North Carolina 77
UCLA 71

gottagitdemjs- I would love to see a Kansas/UNC Final 4 game... the media would play the hell out of the Roy coaching switch storyline though.

^^I really don't know how Roy would handle it. As emotional as he gets over little things, this would definitely eat at him. I've let it go, but Iguarantee you a good portion of our crowd would boo the hell out of him (and even worse for Dean Bit@h, er, I mean Smith....whom I haven't forgiven
tongue.gif
)

Cal State Fullerton stands no chance. They love to run, but it's not gona happen. Wisconsin always controls the pace.

My dude Ray Reed is their STARTING PG....if Ray is still the player he was at G'Town...that game is going to be ugly.

Him running an offense against one of the best defensive teams in the country...

MSU over Memphis
Arizona over Xavier

Every year I put these two teams further than they should go, and they ALWAYS let me down. But again, I'm putting them further then they should go
laugh.gif

^I'm the exact same way, especially with Arizona. That's why i'm having such a tough time with this years WVU/Zona game.
frown.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

MSU over Memphis
Arizona over Xavier

Every year I put these two teams further than they should go, and they ALWAYS let me down. But again, I'm putting them further then they should go
laugh.gif

I feel you on Arizona. They match up good and we have seen Duke lose ok teams. Miami and Wake.

So i think this may happen and Bayless would then handle the PURDUE team. Not Xavier.

Yeah...i played it gutless style and kept the Zona and MSU picks in a for fun pool...but in my money pool I went with Memphis and Xavier....gutless, i know

i feel obligated on behalf of my alma mater to point out that there are two MSUs in the south region... let's be specific!

Originally Posted by TimCity2000

i feel obligated on behalf of my alma mater to point out that there are two MSUs in the south region... let's be specific!
laugh.gif
- michigan state univ And scratch my previous comment...I switched my pick to Zona over Duke in the money pool. Cmon fellas, dont let me downAGAIN

^ i picked Arizona over WVU, and im also against it lol

Elite 8:
UNC
Tenn.
Kansas
Georgetown
Texas
Pitt
UCLA
Duke

Final Four:
UNC
Georgetown
Texas
UCLA

Champ:
UNC over Texas

I'm almost inclined to put USC into the Final Four; how crazy is that?
laugh.gif

I just see OJ going nuts and their defense infuriating the hell out of teams.

Originally Posted by allen3xis

Cal State Fullerton stands no chance. They love to run, but it's not gona happen. Wisconsin always controls the pace.

My dude Ray Reed is their STARTING PG....if Ray is still the player he was at G'Town...that game is going to be ugly.

Him running an offense against one of the best defensive teams in the country...

yea, it doesnt matter who Wisconsin plays...even when they meet USC/Kansas St I would be hard pressed to say its gonna be an uptempo game...they justdon't let the other team's style of play influence them

YO!
I've let it go, but I guarantee you a good portion of our crowd would boo the hell out of him (and even worse for Dean Bit@h, er, I mean Smith....whom I haven't forgiven
tongue.gif
)
I don't understand either. Why are they mad at Roy? The dude stayed once. How can you boo a guy for wanting to coach his alma mater?

And Dean... well, you guys wouldn't have had Roy or Larry if it weren't for Dean.
tired.gif
DF!!!

Think I'm set..

First Round Upsets (11 seed or higher)

Siena
George Mason
Baylor
Temple
St. Joe's

Sweet 16
UNC
Wash St
Louisville
Tennessee

Kansas
Clemson
USC
Georgetown

Memphis
Pitt
Stanford
Texas

UCLA
Uconn
Xavier
Duke

Elite 8
UNC
Louisville

Kansas
Georgetown

Memphis
Stanford

UCLA
Xavier

Final 4
Louisville
Georgetown
Memphis
UCLA

Title
G'Town over UCLA

i was leaning toward texas....they'll play pretty much all their games 2 hours from home (including final 4)...they've beaten a few of high seedsalready this year..... only problem is they are in the Big 12..... and Big 12 teams can;t win NCAA tournaments.....

Back
Top Bottom