POST your NEW ERA fitteds Vol. STARTER SNAPBACKS TOO!

The "FIEND" is a jack from the Goodfoot Tees & New Era's that were done, the hats didn't even release yet.

laugh.gif
"I Love My Life"? This @#*% is getting ridiculous.

ONE OF THE GUYS THAT WORKS AT MYSHIRTS POSTS ON UPTOWNS
WHN I SAID SOMETHIN BOUT THE SOLE MUNKI LOGO HE SAID

The solemunki logo, the new era sales rep showed us the logo saying it was new so we used it. We didn't know about that logo when we ordered it, but found out after. Same goes for any other logo that is not licensed. We also have a king stampede logo hat with myshirts logo on the back too! haha We can use any logo we want even capcitys, pegasus, etc etc..

Rocks N' Jocks are doing what every company does. Think the Apple IPod. It sells and now you see every company starting/started to make their own IPods. Noone has their "own" hats unless it likes stussy, huff, official, and so on. It's just hats with nice colorways. Some hit and some don't. Thats how I see it. BTW PRYM got the nicest sigs o.o;;

http://www.uptowns.net/community/showthread.php?t=14240&page=76

LOL

Rocks N' Jocks are doing what every company does. Think the Apple IPod. It sells and now you see every company starting/started to make their own IPods. Noone has their "own" hats unless it likes stussy, huff, official, and so on. It's just hats with nice colorways. Some hit and some don't. Thats how I see it. BTW PRYM got the nicest sigs o.o;;
he has a point

^ I suppose he does have a point, but especially as far as custom joints go, supporting biting just encourages over saturation and a lack of creativity. Muchlike the "street wear" market, if those with no creative vision can still cake off recycling the same old thing a million times over that is exactlywhat will happen. Every single site/shop doing customs will come out with a million "I love _____" hats and we won't see anything new.

The Ipod arguement is a weak one because every model that comes out trys to one up the ipod in some way (be it price point/features/interface/etc), thereisn't much innovation that can be done on a new era hat or a t-shirt. In the case of those I love my hood/life hats they are quite literally just stealinga creative idea that someone else came out with it and running with it. How much thought/talent does that really take?

smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

At this guy, comin in here with sob story, on some "don't make fun of our hats" and then comes the blatent disrespect on another board
smh.gif

Its not bout havin a point bout usin any logo, its about the mutual respect, I could sit there and use myshirtsco logos (not that I wanna
sick.gif
) or rockandjocks(since its ours to begin with) but I don't? Why? Its a respect thing,
smh.gif

Originally Posted by Knivesdesu

^ I suppose he does have a point, but especially as far as custom joints go, supporting biting just encourages over saturation and a lack of creativity. Much like the "street wear" market, if those with no creative vision can still cake off recycling the same old thing a million times over that is exactly what will happen. Every single site/shop doing customs will come out with a million "I love _____" hats and we won't see anything new.

The Ipod arguement is a weak one because every model that comes out trys to one up the ipod in some way (be it price point/features/interface/etc), there isn't much innovation that can be done on a new era hat or a t-shirt. In the case of those I love my hood/life hats they are quite literally just stealing a creative idea that someone else came out with it and running with it. How much thought/talent does that really take?
You hit it right on the spot with that statement, dudes are just lazy and have no sense of creativity at all or their design team sucks. I can say forthe "FIEND" joints even though I'm personally not a fan of the design in general I know for a fact the Goodfoot logo is on the hat at the back,from that point on like AM87 said it's a respect thing and you shouldn't go taking other peoples work. Coming with that "New Era showed us thesedesigns" is a straight up LIE.....stores continue to use that excuse when really the ONLY place that gets shown designs from the New Era database is TheFlagship Stores. What's really happening IS these stores and seeing designs on forums like NT and sending emails to their New Era rep requesting the filesso they can make their own versions.

Stop acting like rocknjocks has nothing but Cap City designs. I think it has been very clear that two hats originated from your site. They were two of thefirst customs they ever did and i am pretty sure they saw one on strictly fitteds. They are not paging through your site deciding which hat to make next. Theyhad no idea people were so possessive about the colorways they came up with for MLB logos. Personally, i have never seen what the big deal is. People are inbusiness to make money. If they see a hat that sells really well and New Era says its ok to make it, then why not. You have a store in New Jersey. They have astore in Ohio. I am pretty sure that customers are not bumping into each other going from one place to the other. And outside of the small number of people whohit message boards like this no one knows where a hat came from and no one cares. All they care about is if they are buying a cool hat or not. Even if Cap Citygets 150 of one hat and Rock N Jocks gets 150 of the same, that's 300 total hats to be sold states away from each other and to people all over the countryon the internet. I am pretty sure there is enough business to go around. I wouldn't care if 10 Rock N Jocks hats wound up on Cap City or My Shirts.It's not that big of a deal

And save all you "We would never make Rock N Jocks hats because they are all garbage" replies. We get it, it's very funny

^ I wasn't gonna say that
tongue.gif
Mr Gander

Once its again, its not bout runnin itno eachother and so forth its bout a mutual respect thing for one another.

There's litterally over 300+ logos in that data base of teams/logos/minor league etc.... over 1 million color combos, which if you think about it, over 300million hat combonations ( now that I think bout it
eek.gif
pimp.gif
) and is there any reason for anyone else to be usin someone elses designs/concepts/colorways andso forth.

If you can't come up with your own concepts/designs and so forth maybe this buisness isn't for you

Originally Posted by air max 87

There's litterally over 300+ logos in that data base of teams/logos/minor league etc.... over 1 million color combos, which if you think about it, over 300 million hat combonations ( now that I think bout it
eek.gif
pimp.gif
) and is there any reason for anyone else to be usin someone elses designs/concepts/colorways and so forth.

If you can't come up with your own concepts/designs and so forth maybe this buisness isn't for you

BASICALLY. You can get lost with all of the thread colors alone.

AM87, i guess we can agree to disagree on things like that. I don't think one point of view is right and one is wrong. We just see things differently

Originally Posted by air max 87

I know apparently I can't agree with anything anyone from CC says without being a "d-rider", but REAL TALK right there. As strictly aconsumer who has nothing financially to gain from anyones designs, I can say all I look for is ORIGINALITY. Come up with something that looks cool andisn't garish/tacky and has a decent logo (because there is alot of nasty design to shift through in professional sports) that I haven't seen before,that is all I want. I have no affiliations and would totally buy a Rock N' Jocks/King of Fitteds/Myshirts hat, but thus far (much like nike in the past 2years) they seem to mess some portion up every time and it ends up looking bad. The only hats that they sell that I would consider buying are ones that Ialready own and happened to purchase from CC/Peg. The logic that it sells so we might as well make it is the exact logic that most people that make/sellvarients have. "I mean Jordans sell but aren't avalible so I might as well make fakes to satisfy the market." I mean ok, you have to eat, but youare still living off of someone elses creativity and are deminishing the appeal for those of us that care (granted the vast minority).

am87,

do any of you get inspired or want to use bad logos/designs/colorways? I don't think so... so that means we respect your design, thought it was a cool ideaand made our own. how much more respect can you get? you can fill in the rest.

we respect everyone/store/idea. so I don't know where you got the idea "then comes the blatent disrespect on another board"

BTW, where did you get the "idea" for the cookie monster eyes?
ohwell.gif

knivesdesu,

"The Ipod arguement is a weak one because every model that comes out trys to one up the ipod in some way (be it price point/features/interface/etc), thereisn't much innovation that can be done on a new era hat or a t-shirt. In the case of those I love my hood/life hats they are quite literally just stealinga creative idea that someone else came out with it and running with it. How much thought/talent does that really take?"

if we go by what you said, then every company should close their doors. in example, i saw LEXUS with a hard top convertible on their sc430, then GUESS WHAT!MERCEDES has a hard top convertible too! so does every other car company! OMG THEY HAVE NO TALENT.

DiPlOmAt TDOt,

"You hit it right on the spot with that statement, dudes are just lazy and have no sense of creativity at all or their design team sucks. I can say forthe "FIEND" joints even though I'm personally not a fan of the design in general I know for a fact the Goodfoot logo is on the hat at the back,from that point on like AM87 said it's a respect thing and you shouldn't go taking other peoples work. Coming with that "New Era showed us thesedesigns" is a straight up LIE.....stores continue to use that excuse when really the ONLY place that gets shown designs from the New Era database is TheFlagship Stores. What's really happening IS these stores and seeing designs on forums like NT and sending emails to their New Era rep requesting the filesso they can make their own versions."

obviously you have never been to New Era to make/create/customize hats.

"What's really happening IS these stores and seeing designs on forums like NT and sending emails to their New Era rep requesting the files so they canmake their own versions."

haha. no comment.

NO PUN INTENDED ON ANY REPLIES ABOVE. WE RESPECT ALL YOUR COMMENTS. KEEP EM COMING. WE LOVE YOU ALL
tongue.gif

Knivesdesu-- I can respect your opinion on that. I think your Jordans analogy is a little flawed, though, because in the case of the hats, the same productsare being sold, not second-rate knock-offs.

You know what, your right about the eyes, while it was in production before I arived at the store,but it still comes from our store.

Also for u guys with the "I love my life"

Fine lets say you have a point with the "oh its differant" you guys used the same exact letterin and style, all you did was change a word.... at thevery least u could've used differant wordin/style like we did with the eyes, its bigger, plus has crackle print. So granted we took inspiration from it,was nt the same exact thing with the eyes lookin a differant way

Its like us takin "twinkle twinkle" and puttin "twinkle sprinkles"

Anderlecht wrote:

knivesdesu,

"The Ipod arguement is a weak one because every model that comes out trys to one up the ipod in some way (be it price point/features/interface/etc), there isn't much innovation that can be done on a new era hat or a t-shirt. In the case of those I love my hood/life hats they are quite literally just stealing a creative idea that someone else came out with it and running with it. How much thought/talent does that really take?"

on the ipod statement, so any company making their own ipod should make it on par or worse than the ipod right? the companies are dumb and they dont want to ever beat the ipod right?

"In the case of those I love my hood/life hats they are quite literally just stealing a creative idea that someone else came out with it and running with it. How much thought/talent does that really take?"

last time I checked it says I LOVE MY LIFE not I LOVE MY HOOD. if we go by what you said, then every company should close their doors. in example, i saw LEXUS with a hard top convertible on their sc430, then GUESS WHAT! MERCEDES has a hard top convertible too! so does every other car company! OMG THEY HAVE NO TALENT.

Alright, first off let me preface this by saying the only reason I'm here arguing is my girl has the flu so instead of getting drunk and having sexI'm sitting here arguing about hats...
But in any event, Anderlecht... On my first point about the ipods, I was saying that every company tries to innovate (although at times unsuccessfully) on thetried and test ipod format in the ways I listed. Creating the exact same logo on a hat and selling it at a different shop is hardly innovation though. Puttinga badly designed logo on the hat is hardly innovative.

As far as the "I love my life" fitteds are concerned, I give you guys some credit. I don't own an "I love my hood" hat because for themajority of my life I have lived in the suburbs and it seems silly to rep my "hood" when it is anything but hood. The hat you made is the first thingI have seen from you guys that I would consider purchasing, I like the idea, but I am still shaking my head over what a blatent rip off it is. Ok, like BillGander said, it is manufactured by New Era and is the same quality of hats I purchase anywhere else (well depending on what country produces it
roll.gif
), but there is something about the blatent theft of ideas that concerns me.Maybe your arugement would be more effective if you didn't work for a site that has an exact replica of the CC "I love my hood" hat. I'velooked at that hat multiple times and thought how sleezy it is of New Era to offer the same exact font/design to another company. Just like Chris Rock said"just because you can do it doesn't mean it is something that should be done."

am87,

it's a good idea. NE made it for us. you should know what we mean. they make a lot of mistakes.

"Its like us takin "twinkle twinkle" and puttin "twinkle sprinkles"" i doubt it.
embarassed.gif

if you like the design and think you can make it sell, you would wouldn't you? I don't think i'll see I LOVE MY LIFE in your store and youwon't see a I LOVE MY HOOD in ours i hope.

the eyes hat is still the same thing. all you did was add the "crackle" still the same look.

All in all business is business.

Knivesdesu,

We respect your comments. Do you man.

ANYWAYS. IF YOU LIKE IT, YOU LIKE IT. IF YOU DON'T, THEN YOU DON'T. LET'S KEEP IT MOVING.

NO PUN INTENDED ON ANY REPLIES ABOVE. WE RESPECT ALL YOUR COMMENTS. KEEP EM COMING. WE LOVE YOU ALL
tongue.gif

In my book, full time jack moves are never cool. I blame a lot this crap on New Era's inability to properly protect people's designs. If a customdesign is submitted, I dont think other stores/companies should be given access to it. As far as the I <3 MY LIFE fitted, I dont have a problem with thatjoint as much as I do with the FIEND fiited. The LIFE joint is a flip of a flip of a flip......

Anyway, with the FIEND joint, it uses elements from GDFT's upcoming collection, FIEND font combined with the Nike box art being used in a skully. Theimages of the products first hit blog sites this past September. Customs usually take between 2-3 months to produce. It's now December which leads me tobelieve it was more than just a coincidence for this to be an original myshirts joint.

www.highsnobiety.com/uploads/RTEmagicC_goodfoot_fall07.jpg.jpg
www.hypebeast.com/image/2007/10/goodfoot-beanie-scarf-1.jpgwww.hypebeast.com/image/2007/10/goodfoot-beanie-scarf-1.jpg
http://myshirtsco.com/files/CIDB00001\006.jpg

<>

obviously you have never been to New Era to make/create/customize hats.
Don't get your hopes up will be there in a few weeks and even with that said I'm involved in the process of making/creating/customizinghats get the facts straight.

For those that live in LA - Anyone going to the Crooks Flagship opening? That Gucci Link x New Era is VERY much needed.

Back
Top Bottom