Post Your New Eras*59-Fiftys*etc... VOL. INFINITY NOW W/ Henz0/Thunderchunk/Icy's FAQ ON PG.1

Not even a thank you for puttin you on? Ingrate...
smh.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by demonbasketball04

Originally Posted by demonbasketball04

Yo Chunk, is your snapback business cakin' 'like that'??

I see you coppin' hundreds of them at a time, just wondering how steady biz is during these hard times. Must be alright seein' how much you investing in it...
Its ok... can't retire off a product thats going to run dry eventually, but it does pay for rent
ohwell.gif

also I've met a few people, the people that supposedly helped design the Supreme, undftd, and other hats that look like vintage snapbacks
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
. I also sold a few to the editor of www.strictlyfitteds.com
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Just how trust fund kids are desperate to buy there way into the streetwear scene; some streetwear brands(graphic designers) are desperate to get clearpictures of my hats to "pay them tribute", so there is $$$ in that
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

Its ok... can't retire off a product thats going to run dry eventually, but it does pay for rent
ohwell.gif

also I've met a few people, the people that supposedly helped design the Supreme, undftd, and other hats that look like vintage snapbacks
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
. I also sold a few to the editor of www.strictlyfitteds.com
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Just how trust fund kids are desperate to buy there way into the streetwear scene; some streetwear brands(graphic designers) are desperate to get clear pictures of my hats to "pay them tribute", so there is $$$ in that
laugh.gif
Ah ok, I see. Yeah I kinda figured it was a decent operation, but around here, I don't see ANYBODY rockin' the snapbacks.
laugh.gif

Then again, it is Arizona.
ohwell.gif

There's always gonna be a market for vintage items though, some just last longer than others.

Originally Posted by gHeTtOnOyPi

People in San Jose, CA or the bay. Touchdown in Eastridge Mall has lots of Sharks fitted in different solid colors such as red(not really sure i forgot), green, grey, purple, orange, but no black but they have the grey wool color. Sorry no pics...I was too amaze.
New Era? You sure its not those Zephyr hats? I might go out that way on Sunday. I don't wanna waste gas/time.

Damn, I havent bough sneakers in a long #!+ time... But those are looking right, especially with the fitted
pimp.gif

I meant to post this sooner but last week I was visiting some people in Jersey and I decided to stop by CC. I started talking to the employee working there forabout 20 mins. He showed me the U-God sample which looked really nice & told me about a new NT fitted. I ended up copping 2 hats I will post the pics soon,but I just wanted to let you all know that I will be supporting Cap City and hope you all will too. They are a rare company which realizes that the customersare what makes them money and they treat their customers right. Just wanted to say props to CC and keep doing what your doing. I can't wait to see whatsnext for you guys. Thanks.

Originally Posted by iLL W1LLiam

People in San Jose, CA or the bay. Touchdown in Eastridge Mall has lots of Sharks fitted in different solid colors such as red(not really sure i forgot), green, grey, purple, orange, but no black but they have the grey wool color. Sorry no pics...I was too amaze.
New Era? You sure its not those Zephyr hats? I might go out that way on Sunday. I don't wanna waste gas/time.

Yes, they are new eras.

Originally Posted by iLL W1LLiam

Yes, they are new eras.

Im going to stop by there too this weekend and see .... Sounds NICE .

newer fitteds are more shrink resistant. They are made out of 100% polyester or 100% cotton or 70% acrylic 30% wool. 100% wool fitteds shrink real easy. Checkout the faq on the first page theres some methods on how you can do it. IMO the best thing to do is just grow your hair out to fit it over your head.

Originally Posted by Spidermachine916

how do i "properly" shrink my new era cap?
nerd.gif
What kind of NE are you trying to shrink? A recent custom/on-field or an older custom/on-field from a few years back? You might want to try thatrubberband method on page one (although I've never tried/probably wouldn't) or just try to dampen the sweatband with warm water and wear it for alittle. I've noticed that custom NEs (even the "wool" joints not just the polyester on fields) from the past year or so are more resistant toshrinking than say a NE from a few years back. That could be in my head though.

When is this drought going to end for customs? Sounds like CC/MyShirts/Peg all are gearing up, haha

Originally Posted by ro0ts

Originally Posted by Spidermachine916

how do i "properly" shrink my new era cap?
nerd.gif
What kind of NE are you trying to shrink? A recent custom/on-field or an older custom/on-field from a few years back? You might want to try that rubberband method on page one (although I've never tried/probably wouldn't) or just try to dampen the sweatband with warm water and wear it for a little. I've noticed that custom NEs (even the "wool" joints not just the polyester on fields) from the past year or so are more resistant to shrinking than say a NE from a few years back. That could be in my head though.

When is this drought going to end for customs? Sounds like CC/MyShirts/Peg all are gearing up, haha
i just got the all black batman logo fitted, so i guess it's fairly a fairly new NE. the label on the inside says it is 100% wool.

if you rock a recently made 100% wool fitted in the rain it will shrink and get messed up. I was thinkin the same thing newer wool ones wont shrink and I gotcaught in the rain with my red/blue nyr fitted from cc said F it Ima walk home regardless and now the fitted is RIP. SMH only got to wear it twice too.

wow, page 1 on this thread is has so much information. i still would like to hear from you guys in regards to how to shrink the fitted 'properly'.
nerd.gif

i'm all for wetting my head but i'm a little skeptic about putting a rubber band around the NE. can i get some feedback about the rubber band part? any one?

Originally Posted by Orfiyus

if you rock a recently made 100% wool fitted in the rain it will shrink and get messed up. I was thinkin the same thing newer wool ones wont shrink and I got caught in the rain with my red/blue nyr fitted from cc said F it Ima walk home regardless and now the fitted is RIP. SMH only got to wear it twice too.
Had to be painful seeing one bite the dust after two wears
frown.gif
.. thats why I get hella paranoid when I see em grey clouds out when I'm caught with a clean fitted on (doesn't happen often though given Caliis in another drought).

I doubt many people have tried the rubberband method but I remember one NTer vouching for that method saying it worked but after an hour he damn near felt likepassing out haha. I don't think you're going to get a lot of feedback with shrinking a fitted "properly" mainly because I don't thinkthere is a proper effective method out there. The old wet the sweatband and let it sit in the sun technique might be a better option.

I have shrunk a 7 5/8 hat down to close to a 7 1/2 using the method below. I just wet the head band and then used hair dryer to shrink the headband. Use thehairdryer on the INSIDE of the hat though.. or else you can mess up the wool.

http://www.neweracap.co.u...?fuseaction=Notes.CapInfo

JUST A LITTLE TOO BIG?
Take a spray bottle of water and spray the headband with the water, then let dry in the sun on top of an empty coffee can. Or, just let it dry without beingelevated by the can. You can also dry it with a good portable hair dryer.

Back
Top Bottom