Post Your New Eras*59-Fiftys*etc... VOL. INFINITY NOW W/ Henz0/Thunderchunk/Icy's FAQ ON PG.1

I've been browsing New Era Cap Talk for some time and I have to ask the question since some over here may know. What is the big deal between US and Chinese made NE caps?
With the China hats the crown is a bit higher compared to the on fields and sometimes fit funny.
Thanks for the explanation. Its silly imo.

Yo jonwin,

You guys did it again. The Skychiefs fitted
eek.gif
. Went to school up there and loved the classic logo before they dropped the 'Sky' and just went with Chiefs. Still mad I let a Skychiefs Halladay jersey slip through my fingers on eBay a few months back. Wish they would go back to that logo and scheme.

Its not too silly when it looks like you have a cardboard box on your head. As well as when you have to worry about whether your size is going to actually fit. Its not too much of a problem with people that have big domes but i shouldnt have to look like i have a mitchell and ness snapback box crown on my new era fitted.

New Era had sizing inconsistencies before production was outsourced. Now its a problem? Its as trivial as the black/grey under brim. Maybe its because I break in my hats before I wear them that I don't have those problems. At the end of the day its not a big deal.

Yo jonwin,

You guys did it again. The Skychiefs fitted :wow: . Went to school up there and loved the classic logo before they dropped the 'Sky' and just went with Chiefs. Still mad I let a Skychiefs Halladay jersey slip through my fingers on eBay a few months back. Wish they would go back to that logo and scheme.

Thanks :nthat: You scoop it up? Yea, that Sky Chiefs hat turned out nice. Digging how NE used flat stitching embroidery for the logo.

Last edited:
I haven't yet. Have other fitteds I have my eye on. That Tucson Sidewinders is dope too. Like the Black/Teal one more though.

looks like australia's kfc big bash cricket league (damn thats not a good name) is getting there own hats. looks like this is the first example.

New Era had sizing inconsistencies before production was outsourced. Now its a problem? Its as trivial as the black/grey under brim. Maybe its because I break in my hats before I wear them that I don't have those problems. At the end of the day its not a big deal.

not sure if serious. not blaming it on the china hats since every single one i own are made in the USA but the black brims are terrible fit wise. the only ones i got with a good fit were the first runs from the inaugural season.

the sizing is terrible and all over the place. Ive bought 19 fitteds online in the last year, none fit. Tried some on in store a few months back.... none of the 7 3/8 fit properly.

new era is trash, too bad no other company could come in and take over the contract, im sicking of wasting money on a hate that doesnt fit and even if it some how fit the damn crown is gigantic and i look like an idiot.

yea the China made new era fitteds have crappy fit and shape... my fitteds made from U.S.A. are size 7 1/2 consistently. But my china ones can range from 7 1/4 to 7 1/2.

Anyone see those strapbacks on ecapcity with the cheetah fur print and floral print for $80 :smh:

Last edited:
Yes :pimp:
also are mickeys place's fitteds the old on fields or retros?

Sorry, probably too late on the response.

But, most of them will tell you, in one way or another.

Their Cooperstown collection joints, for example, are often wool with green underbrims, no MLB logo on the back, etc. Official as official can be, IMO.

not sure if serious. not blaming it on the china hats since every single one i own are made in the USA but the black brims are terrible fit wise. the only ones i got with a good fit were the first runs from the inaugural season.
the sizing is terrible and all over the place. Ive bought 19 fitteds online in the last year, none fit. Tried some on in store a few months back.... none of the 7 3/8 fit properly.
new era is trash, too bad no other company could come in and take over the contract, im sicking of wasting money on a hate that doesnt fit and even if it some how fit the damn crown is gigantic and i look like an idiot.

i completely agree with what you just said.
i haven't been buying fitteds as i have been in the past 1-2 years. recently went to a hatclub today and was about to get this hat

just before i put it on and saw that it was made in China, I already knew it was going to fit horribly.

I usually buy a 7 3/4 on almost every hat I own but this one fit way too big, sized down to a 5/8s and still too big, down to a 1/2 and it fits better but still too baggy. the crown as well looked too damn high on my head.

sites should just start disclosing whether or not the hat was made in China or the U.S. to save us some time.

NE/MLB better give miguel his too then. :smh: the patch is kinda too big, but im liking that they stitched it.

Last edited:
Sorry, probably too late on the response.
But, most of them will tell you, in one way or another.
Their Cooperstown collection joints, for example, are often wool with green underbrims, no MLB logo on the back, etc. Official as official can be, IMO.

i should be receiving the cap in tomorrow, i'll post pics...i think it's from the cooperstown collection

hmm, let me get this straight. Chipper Jones get a patch fitted and Mariano Rivera but Cabrera cant get a damn patch for being the first triple crown winner in 30+ years? SMH

hmm, let me get this straight. Chipper Jones get a patch fitted and Mariano Rivera but Cabrera cant get a damn patch for being the first triple crown winner in 30+ years? SMH

thats what im sayin. :smh:

i know atl braves stuff sells well, and jones is beloved. but there has to be some kind of politics involved w/ miguel not getting recognized w/ his own hat or logo.

Last edited:
^ I'm still shocked that Miguel didn't get a fitted but Chipper is in the HOF. Of course he's getting some type of patch.

Those food fitteds are horrendous

Back
Top Bottom