Post Your New Eras*59-Fiftys*etc... VOL. INFINITY NOW W/ Henz0/Thunderchunk/Icy's FAQ ON PG.1

^ I'm still shocked that Miguel didn't get a fitted but Chipper is in the HOF. Of course he's getting some type of patch.

Those food fitteds are horrendous

Detroit hats are very popular, a damn globally known logo and Miggy will be in the HOF. MVP and Triple Crown winner, come on.

Even if i wasnt from Michigan and a Tigers fan id still be pissed about it.

hmm, let me get this straight. Chipper Jones get a patch fitted and Mariano Rivera but Cabrera cant get a damn patch for being the first triple crown winner in 30+ years? SMH

thats what im sayin. :smh:

i know atl braves stuff sells well, and jones is beloved. but there has to be some kind of politics involved w/ miguel not getting recognized w/ his own hat or logo.

^ I'm still shocked that Miguel didn't get a fitted but Chipper is in the HOF. Of course he's getting some type of patch.

Those food fitteds are horrendous

Detroit hats are very popular, a damn globally known logo and Miggy will be in the HOF. MVP and Triple Crown winner, come on.

Even if i wasnt from Michigan and a Tigers fan id still be pissed about it.

Everybody just try to wait a little longer...Got something coming out soon that should appease the Miggy fans :nthat:

...Who knows if anybody will ever be inducted into the HOF again? :rolleyes

But, seriously, I also expected them to issue some kind of hat. But, the thing is that Chipper's retired, so the team could actually wear a hat paying tribute to a great former Brave. It would be weird to make a hat - an item that's inherently team-oriented in recognition of the accomplishment of a single, active player. ...Like is Austin Jackson supposed to wear a hat giving Miguel Cabrera props for his previous season?

A special Miggy jersey with a patch would make more sense, logically, IMO. That said, I am still surprised MLB and NE didn't do a hat just on the money grab tip.

BTW, the triple crown is largely overrated - rare as it is. Batting average is simply an inferior way to measure what OBP and SLG measure much better. And, RBI are a team stat. Trout drove in an almost identical percentage of RISP as Miggy last year, but because he hit 1st instead of 3rd, his overall totals were much lower (that and the fact he started the season in AAA). In 1990 Joe Carer drove in 115 runs with a .651 OPS The same season, the AL MVP, Rickey Henderson drove in 61 while leading the league in OPS. Even a below league average player can drive in 100 runs if he hits in the middle of the order, stays healthy, and doesn't take walks.

Sorry, have to launch a sabermetrics rant every once in a while.

Last edited:
the hat isnt for them to wear, just a special hat for the fans.

they made one for Jeter and for Rivera.

anyone else take advantage of that 50% off sale sportsfreak365 had?
I used the groupon and that sale to get 4 On fields for just under $9 each :pimp:

@ the Toronto New era store.

NY store had the same, but with ugly contrast-colored eyelets

newest pickup...finally got the actual onfield....from mickey's

the sweatband's weird though....it's black? shouldn't it be white?

*tags, thanks

it's the old on-field...from 05...not the polyester black nasties

The actual OG On-Field sweatbands were all white without all that black tagging. The hat you got is basically a remake of that particular On-Field and not an actual vintage one (although it is a well-made remake with no NE flag, gray under and flat stitch MLB logo). Up until over a year ago, all the OG On-Field remakes had the correct white sweatband but then they started switching over to the ones you see on your Royals hat.

yea that's why i've been hesitant to order from Mickey's lately. used to be all OG stuff but they started sneaking in retros about a year or two ago. and they don't post pictures of the back or inside so you don't know what you're getting.

i think thats the remake, i wanted that had pretty bad but a few of you guys told me those remakes had ridiculously high crowns :x

i think thats the remake, i wanted that had pretty bad but a few of you guys told me those remakes had ridiculously high crowns :x

that has to be the remake KC. I heard a spot in SoCal still has a few of those originals

No need to question about it, it IS a remake. It has the "made in China" tag on the inside label :lol: but still a clean hat :nthat:

Last edited:
Any word on when the new BP 5950's will be out? Pitchers and Catchers report next month :nerd:

Any word on when the new BP 5950's will be out? Pitchers and Catchers report next month :nerd:

Stadium shops and etc should have em mid to late February while retailers will start getting them in stores around beginning of March.

Stadium shops and etc should have em mid to late February while retailers will start getting them in stores around beginning of March.

im thinking there may be a hold up for some teams. the braves especially, after all the flack they caught for bringing back the screaming brave.

im thinking there may be a hold up for some teams. the braves especially, after all the flack they caught for bringing back the screaming brave.

Not necessarily. Although the Braves aren't gonna be rocking that Screaming Chief hat; they caved in last second after all the protesting so they'll be whipping out a new hat altogether soon (wouldn't be unfeasible for New Era to get whatever new style they come up with done in time for Spring Training, they'll worry about making enough for retailers after they make enough for the team to use at first launch).

The Screaming Chief will still be sold at retail for the time being which will make it an oddity since the team won't be wearing it at all but since New Era already made X amount of units in these hats, they didn't wanna scrap em.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom