Post Your New Eras*59-Fiftys*etc... VOL. INFINITY NOW W/ Henz0/Thunderchunk/Icy's FAQ ON PG.1

Any one know what the name of these hats were called?

:wow: without the the windy city, it would've been doper

yea, but it seems now a days the logo without windy city is only put on snapbacks for the most part. i don't mind the windy city logo though.

It's not by choice of the retailer or even New Era. They're not allowed to use the non-Windy City logo unless it's for NBA shop/store or team shop/arena b/c of the NBA licensing deal.

Nobody is voluntarily using the Windy City logo. REMEMBER THAT EVERYONE :lol:

It's not by choice of the retailer or even New Era. They're not allowed to use the non-Windy City logo unless it's for NBA shop/store or team shop/arena b/c of the NBA licensing deal.

Nobody is voluntarily using the Windy City logo. REMEMBER THAT EVERYONE :lol:

Got this at the new era store a couple years ago in Chicago. They're out there...guess u just have to get lucky.

Got this at the new era store a couple years ago in Chicago. They're out there...guess u just have to get lucky.

No, it's not about being lucky lol.

NE flagship stores are the exception with those official NBA shops that can carry current logo NBA fitteds (in this case; non-Windy City logo Bulls)

I feel like Jamaica Colliseum is flooded with those non windy city fitters

I got one about a year back and remember seeing s lot of them

I feel like Jamaica Colliseum is flooded with those non windy city fitters

I got one about a year back and remember seeing s lot of them

Knowing how those mom and pop shops never mark anything down, they probably do :lol:

It's complicated to explain since there's tons of loopholes and exceptions. Like the 2012 NBA playoffs, New Era was allowed to make and sell current logo fitteds to all the fitted spots for the playoff teams that year and of course Bulls were in the playoffs so everyone loaded up on that non-Windy City Bulls.

Originally Posted by jonwin

Nobody is voluntarily using the Windy City logo. REMEMBER THAT EVERYONE

Didn't know that was why they used the windy city logo. I do like the windy city logo though. Looks like nbastore.com still has orignial logo hats. I might pick up one to put a bulls 50th anniversary patch on the side of. i have a couple of those patches sitting around cause i ordered them to put one on a Butler jersey i have and have a few extra.

I did find and order an all blacked out new era fitted in my size that uses the original logo on ebay today before i saw the ones on nbastore though.

Last edited:
Wouldn't a jersey patch be too big for a cap?
no it isn't too big, it is like two and a half inches tall. there is a bigger version they are using on the sleeves of the teams warm up/shoot around shirts though. mitchell and ness already sells snapbacks with the patch on them, i just don't like snapbacks or mitchell and ness hats. here is a picture to show you the size of the patch. it covers the adidas logo on the jersey's and there are 3 different colors for the 3 different jersey colors.

Last edited:
Did anyone else notice the mlbshop switch over to fanatics? I'm a size 8 and I was getting some amazing deals on the old mlbshop. With Fanatics, selection seems way limited. Minor league hats even took a dip. It's been at least a month now and no true sign of improving. Luckily I got some scores with Lids.coms 50% off clearance sale. I think I'm done with Mlbshop for awhile. I dont see any sales coming soon

I went on the mlb site to check out the new fitteds for the upcoming season and it basically routed me to fanatics. The mlb shop was good for getting deals on old caps. Hopefully it mlb takes it back, because fanatics doesn't ever put anything on sale that's worth a damn.

I went on the mlb site to check out the new fitteds for the upcoming season and it basically routed me to fanatics. The mlb shop was good for getting deals on old caps. Hopefully it mlb takes it back, because fanatics doesn't ever put anything on sale that's worth a damn.

Yea, that's not happening anytime soon :lol:

Fanatics and MLB signed a 17 year deal that goes through 2033.

They also already run the online shops for NFL, NBA and NHL :wow: :x

Last edited:
picked up 3 more and i am good on Bulls hats for a long time now. lol. you guys talking about the classic logo instead of the windy city logo made me pick up the classic logo to put a 50th anniversary patch on it. i had been looking for the windy city "pop flip" hat for a while, but i couldn't find it in my size out of what was left out there. so i picked up a black on black classic logo instead. of course after being out of stock for a month or so the pop flip got a restock on NE's website. so i picked that one up too. (pop flip is the one with the red around the blacked out logo)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom