Post Your New Eras*59-Fiftys*etc... VOL. INFINITY NOW W/ Henz0/Thunderchunk/Icy's FAQ ON PG.1

Yo, I just copped a bulls fitted from eBay, seller is a 'trusted' NY store.

The bulls logo is A LOT smaller than anything I've seen before and you all know I have plenty.

Think it's fake? Tags look strange, but the hologram looks official. Any way to be certain? Can I check the hologram #s or contact nba and ask?

Hat in question

The logo size I have on 10+ bulls fitteds

And yes, I had to pull out the vernier caliper :lol:

Only you can tell us

The hat material will be cheaper and diff and even the tags will be off

Anyone know how this year's Spring Training caps fit?  

For me, they've ran a bit small over the past few years.  Dunno if it's due to the mesh-material.

Anyone else (besides me) interested in the Lids Roc Nation collection??

Will be trying to grab the LA version next Friday.

:smh:
17438562_143524669506645_3176768050770739200_n.jpg

Ring Ceremony patch hats.. Probably the biggest patch I have ever seen on a hat. And cub fans will buy it up, even if it looks like trash. Trophy may as well be on the front, with the Cubs logo on the right side, and the New era on the left. How can a teams logo be an after thought? Nascar hats here we come.

I want to say this was the Royals hat from two years back.
s-l500.jpg

^ Last year's Ring Ceremony cap (worn in 2016)

There's been much bigger side patches on hats, although I'm referring to customs and not necessarily for On-Field

Last edited:
^True.

This immediately comes to mind

New-York-Mets-2000-Subway-Series-Retro-Alternate-Team-Colors-On-Field-Collection-Custom-New-Era-Fitted-Cap-5950-59fifty-1.jpg

new-era-new-york-yankees-fitted-2000-world-series--subway-series--navy-722753_2.png

its why i was ecstatic that I could find a true WS patch Mets hat (and not a custom). The Subway series patch was never worn in any situation EVER in an on field setting. Even the "custom" WS patch, as I mentioned a month or two back, is not truly up to par with what actually released.

The '17 inaugural season Braves patch hat looks much more manageable.
hwl

Scratch another Indians on field off my list.

2002 was the first year for the I hat. Around 2004 or so, they went with the lighter navy. I want to place this one around 2003.

Family photo

2003 grey under 100% wool. Darker navy. Silver outline (BL)
2006 grey under 100% wool. Kind of a purplish navy. Silver outline (TL)
2008 black under 100% poly. Lighter navy. White outline. (BR)
2010 black under 100% poly cool base. Lighter navy. White outline. (TR).

I think that prett much completes the various hat types for the I alternate. They used it from 2002-2010

Last edited:
^

This is a good site to use to timestamp when certain On-Field's were used. You gotta set up a log-in but it's free and just entering in your email.

http://mlbcollectors.com/MLBcapindex.php

That site turned me onto the art of "cataloging" older era of hats. I knew some older labels fit to within some eras. And then Greenrhino comes in and shares even more info on hat tags.. It's all a learning experience.. I actually didnt know much just a few years back.Thanks to various websites, I feel I can make educated guesses when buying stuff online, which appears KEY. No offense to anyone selling hats but if the description is too vague, you do NOT ask the seller for more info and cause a spike in the price. You go about your way and hope for the best. I've had very solid purchase prices lately on just "knowing" what I was getting ahead of time.

Last edited:
I bought a seam ripper yesterday and I removed the New Era flag off several older hats that I have. It looks so much cleaner without the NE logo on it.

Anyone else (besides me) interested in the Lids Roc Nation collection??

Will be trying to grab the LA version next Friday.
I am deff tryna grab a few of them. I guess theywont be going on sale until 6pm east coast time online and in stores. I was hoping in store was right at opening...

a lot of roc hats are OOS. glad i got my astros one right when they dropped.

Back
Top Bottom