Post Your New Eras*59-Fiftys*etc... VOL. INFINITY NOW W/ Henz0/Thunderchunk/Icy's FAQ ON PG.1

1A20FD05-E947-47F5-BE45-DB854D51AE3F.jpeg

Apparently the Indians WAHOO has been scrubbed from the New era ordering catalogs.

ill believe it when i see it. as long as i can google a link for a chief wahoo new era fitted in any size for retail, that "retirement" is lip service :lol:

ill believe it when i see it. as long as i can google a link for a chief wahoo new era fitted in any size for retail, that "retirement" is lip service :lol:
Yeah. They're not exactly hot sellers. But that's just massive old stock that's just sitting. I give it a year before there's a bit of a dry up. Who knows how many restocks they had casually through the years.

I guess someone had asked about a certain size of a wahoo cap , which led to them saying they cannot reorder any or create new designs with the logo.

Just look at the latest lids exclusive lineup. It's the MLB timeline collection. For the Indians, they're using the cursive I. They basically have one distinguishable usable logo right now without the many wahoos. Designs and variety will dry up eventually.

For Macy's, just reach $75 for free shipping. They currently have 30% off all lids gear (including some from the original lids site). Ebates has 10% cashback going too.

Putting it all together, you can get three $38 fitteds for about $80 shipped. Decent deal considering lids was only ever reaching 30% off once or twice a year

Not ideal for just one cap. But you gotta work with what's available.

Just look at the latest lids exclusive lineup. It's the MLB timeline collection. For the Indians, they're using the cursive I. They basically have one distinguishable usable logo right now without the many wahoos. Designs and variety will dry up eventually.

i attribute that wit da fanatics monopoly for now.

remember, in cleveland da team will still be allowed to make fitteds and sell em, factor that with da massive standing stock of current wahoos, and you won't see this look any different for years if anything.

i got a feeling independent shops still gonna live, hell 4ucaps made a new Atlanta braves screaming indian way after da batting practice dust up.

wallyhopp wallyhopp give us an update if you decide to remove that autograph from the brim

i've always been interested to see how easy a silver sharpie/marker is to remove
...seems doable to me

to those of yall that buy hats off ebay/other locations, do yall ever buy gently used hats? if so do yall do anything with them before you wear them? or is it best to just stay away from them.

I haven’t, there’s a few I’ve made offers on eBay but they didn’t accept. I’d just spray it with Lysol.

BtownKj BtownKj all the time. But it's generally not the black under poly caps. Those don't show the true usage very well on the sweatband. For those, you gotta look at the plastic mesh crown grid and the ne/size tag, two of the only white elements on the black era caps. If those are remotely indented/yellow/brown, I tend to stay away.

Lightly yellowed wool caps are money though. But I'm not afraid of using Lysol and lids spray to clean them up. My sweaty self will 'mess' up a hat within 2-3 wears so when I see a 20 yr old hat that looks barely used, I'm not afraid.

I always ask for multiple photos in different lighting situations if I'm weary of a caps condition. Out of dozens I think I only have one true regret. There are definitely different levels of yellowness. So you have to know how much you can tolerate. Some scoff at an ounce of yellowing.
-----------
I guess it's 59fify appreciation day.

I appreciate the earlier days

Two new cheapie finds

2003 New York Yankees WS patch on field. Grey under. 100% wool. MUSA.
2003 Era Chicago Cubs on field. Grey under. 100% wool. MUSA.

2vrsc49.jpg

350kvpg.jpg

Went ahead and started to try to get the perfect curvature on my brim. I used my old beater Indians as a test subject before moving to some of my newer fitteds. Some of the water bottles I had laying around were too small in circumference. So I used an old glass jar from a scented candle, tied down with 3 rubber bands and left for 3 days. I think it will maintain it's shape.

IMG_20190510_180954.jpg
IMG_20190510_182626.jpg

I agree. Og black dominant with flat gold tags were ugly. I tend to like that era. Most took them off. Lol.

https://www.strictlyfitteds.com/content/2013/07/history-new-era-59fifty-fitted-cap-visor-sticker

They pretty much inverted the gold and made it all shiny and people went nuts. We love shiny things. No hate but I've never kept a sticker on my cap. 100% tacky.

I had a buddy who had a cap he wore for 8 yrs straight and finally the sticker fell off. It was discolored as hell. Not worth it.

I even see some dudes who throw the stickers to the underside. Craziness. I may judge for a second. But it is what it is.

I passed on a 15+ yr old on field recently because dude had an og sticker still attached to the cap. I asked him to check the color underneath. It was discolored. I get why the shiny nature is alluring. But keeping tags on the original ugliness? Wtf.

i really like da new Marlins logo/colors.

da OG is da best, but i dig da south beach night club vibes

Florida-Miami-Marlins-Logo-History.png

Went ahead and started to try to get the perfect curvature on my brim. I used my old beater Indians as a test subject before moving to some of my newer fitteds. Some of the water bottles I had laying around were too small in circumference. So I used an old glass jar from a scented candle, tied down with 3 rubber bands and left for 3 days. I think it will maintain it's shape.

IMG_20190510_180954.jpg
IMG_20190510_182626.jpg

Told you :lol:

Does lids still sell that perfect curve contraption with the elastic band? I bought one of them joints in high school :lol:

curving the brim ain’t hard. just put your middle and index at the middle of the sweatband and pull with your other hand. it make a curve on the brim. from there just finesse it.

Back
Top Bottom