Post Your New Eras*59-Fiftys*etc... VOL. INFINITY NOW W/ Henz0/Thunderchunk/Icy's FAQ ON PG.1

I prefer my hat being bigger, small fitteds give me a headache. I’ve been having issues with the fit for a while now. I feel like 7 1/2s are getting smaller and 7 5/8s feel too big so I need an in between. With fanatics taking over Lids.com, it’s harder to buy and return or swap.

I’ve been anti SnapBack forever, I’ve passed on so many hats because they were snaps but after all the issues I’ve had with fitteds not fitting, I finally bought a snap to see. The fit is so much better than a fitted, I love the fit. I still hate the whole in the back of the hat but they’re comfortable and fit better.

90% of my hats are 7 1/2, I went with a 7 5/8s for these and they still feel a little small. This is some bull****.

As for these hats, I think they’re hard as ****. I got the original Spike Lee joints but these are pretty nice.

E69A1C66-D7CF-4E74-94AF-A2A182075816.jpeg
EC294D50-CAB1-4EF6-B183-4E13034184CD.jpeg

I bought Yankee fitteds two different times this year.

Earlier in the year I bought a 7 5/8s made in Haiti 100% polyester, fits big.

The two I just posted are 7 5/8s made in China 100% wool, fits small.

Anyone noticed a size difference in country or material???

I need some advice. I haven't bought a Fitted cap in over a decade. So I tried two sizes of a 100% polyester model. With the bigger size, I have like my thumb nail's worth of space. The smaller size looks better visually but is a bit snug. It is not overly restrictive but if I can get like my pink nail's worth of space, it will be perfect. Which is more likely to happen if I wear both for a prolonged period of time: the smaller one stretches a litttle or the bigger one comforms?

yep, i still got pinwheels in almost DS shape because i bought em oversized and they still fit.

wool shrinks over time regardless, buy oversized and avoid da headache.
I got wools from 10 years ago and they still fit da same as far as I can tell, but they weren't worn much. I got a 100% polyester joint that I plan to wear a lot. Is it going to shrink with wear?

freakydestroyer freakydestroyer oversized caps are a bit more forgiving. Wools definitely shrink over time.

Caps these days take time to break in. I haven't had a perfect cap since the Musa grey under wool era.

With enough wear and use, you can get a tight cap feeling right. It's all about the moisture or sweat buildup. Too many people baby their caps. You gotta get some wear in them. As long as the cap is on your head with that mositure, it can form to your head. A too tight cap can stretch and a oversized caps can shrink. It doesn't even have to be sweat. But get the band wet and wear it on your head until it's dry 9-10 times. My best fitting caps are my destroyed beater caps.

I think MyFitteds is playing games with me. I eBay messaged them about a multi cap discount. They said they couldnt do that, and then decided to up their price back up to their original 'retail' price. Huge coincidence? Hopefully. You were at $29.40 for months. Heck, I bought that cap at $21 awhile ago. Now they are back to their $42 MSRP retail. These caps are barely moving and they pull this crap?

Thank you wallyhopp wallyhopp and ninjahood ninjahood for da advice. I think I will keep both since I am between sizes. The smaller one forms a better shape around my head, but the bigger one is more comfortable. I guess I will rotate depending on da weather.

Just buy one of these and don't even sweat it. I tend to buy within 3 size ranges
Amazon product ASIN B001XON4E6
If it's too tight, throw it in the stretcher. If it's too large, I bought some thick wool/felt material from Michael's and cut a strip to fit behind the sweatband to cover any extra space. You can even double up on the felt. It's been a pretty stress free experience. I have 20-30 caps that were sitting on the sideline because of being too tight or too loose. Now they're all on deck.

Just buy one of these and don't even sweat it. I tend to buy within 3 size ranges
If it's too tight, throw it in the stretcher. If it's too large, I bought some thick wool/felt material from Michael's and cut a strip to fit behind the sweatband to cover any extra space. You can even double up on the felt. It's been a pretty stress free experience. I have 20-30 caps that were sitting on the sideline because of being too tight or too loose. Now they're all on deck.
You have any issues with the stretcher? I've used mine twice now but hats seem to fall back to almost normal size after a few days

I think this might be a bit extreme. The smaller one should fit better in a few days

Dang! :lol: I wish I had these techniques 10-15 years ago when I stayed in fitteds. Haven't worn one in nearly 10 years mostly due to the sizing/not fitting my head properly. Fitteds just became a pain in the *** due to fit/sizing/feel.

Not only that, but the high crown I just couldn't do no more. Haven't read this thread in a while but to folks mess with the low-crown New Eras? Thinking about getting one but need to try one on again. Only looked at one for less than 5 mins.

Dang! :lol: I wish I had these techniques 10-15 years ago when I stayed in fitteds. Haven't worn one in nearly 10 years mostly due to the sizing/not fitting my head properly. Fitteds just became a pain in the *** due to fit/sizing/feel.

Not only that, but the high crown I just couldn't do no more. Haven't read this thread in a while but to folks mess with the low-crown New Eras? Thinking about getting one but need to try one on again. Only looked at one for less than 5 mins.
I’m not a fan of the low crowns.

The high crowns now seem to be lower than what they were 3-5 years ago so those look better to me.

But fitteds have gone to ****, not happy with the fit of them and the prices going up. SnapBacks fit better.

I bought Yankee fitteds two different times this year.

Earlier in the year I bought a 7 5/8s made in Haiti 100% polyester, fits big.

The two I just posted are 7 5/8s made in China 100% wool, fits small.

Anyone noticed a size difference in country or material???

Anyone???

You have any issues with the stretcher? I've used mine twice now but hats seem to fall back to almost normal size after a few days

yeah. I’ve had a few issues. I tend to now over stretch them by a lot and wear them right away. But be persistent and try to give it time in the stretcher. Also, wet the outer part of the hat/band as it’s being Stretched. I’ve had to do a few hats 3-4 times before they gave him a lot.

Low crowns look weird on my head. Dad hat status. So I don’t do those at all.
I want to say there’s two levels here. The regular mlb authentic on fields tend to be less of a true high crown. Most of those caps over the years are USA made. They fit and look right to me.
Now the fashion caps and mostly everything else is made overseas and those crowns tend to be higher and less forgiving. Think Of your typical SnapBack with a flat bill. Super high crown.
For the most part, regular on fields fit and look the best. But that’s changing.
Anyone???
Im seeing the trends now to where people are going after made in China caps. Haiti and Bangladesh are complete trash. They’re the new China. So with no more US made, China is the new us. So I truly believe you are seeing the variations but I couldn’t tell you which ones fit smaller or bigger. I wouldn’t buy new releases online ever again.

There is definitely variation in crown height and materials. Chinese poly is slick but the new Haiti and Bangladesh are super slick looking. No fuzz. I wouldn’t doubt the sizing is way off and the crowns are super stiff and ugly. It’s a total crap shot for a $40 fitted.

sho3tym sho3tym all I’m seeing is HC15 for15% off. Combine that with $59.99 free shipping for a decent deal.

Back
Top Bottom