Post Your New Eras*59-Fiftys*etc... VOL. INFINITY NOW W/ Henz0/Thunderchunk/Icy's FAQ ON PG.1

Is it just me, but i've been noticing more and more people rocking grey-underbrims and fitteds w/patches.

Is it just me, but i've been noticing more and more people rocking grey-underbrims and fitteds w/patches.
Are they without the NE side flag? I’m not seeing a general uptick. They could be the typical HC type made in China custom. The real deals are drying up. Hell, the non flagged on fields are getting to be hard to see out and about. All you really see is the new released flagged stuff. I’m all for wearing those flag-less grey under customs. I love mine. I want to say it’s 70% new release flagged caps, 20% customs, 10% old school grey unders and non flaggeds. The HC Custom demographic is super tiny. I wish those numbers were flipped though. But that leaves deals for all of us. $40 for a new flagged made overseas cap is the norm. A $12 ebay steal is not.

I do know the players weekend caps are grey under. Same with the spring training on fields. Even some of your special occasion caps are as well. The only ones NOT are the daily on fields. Stupid huh?

I blame lids and NE for side patching every occasion. Opening day. Mexico series. Post season. World Series. Champions. Player retirements. Stadiums closing and opening. 9/11 and July 4th used to share one side flag. I think there is even one for the wildcard now. Lids has done some side patch retro caps over the years.

I love patches on my fitteds.

Feel like I rarely see fitteds now, everyone wearing the strap back or snap back.

I personally only wear the old on field fitteds wools with the white sweatband usually during the weekdays just because they damn near practical for any occasion, just my option of course.
I do have those "remakes" of the old WS fitteds knowingly they fit funny, but I just like them for what they are.

Last edited:
Pretty sure I’ve posted a bit of my collection of Winnipeg related teams here, but I’ve acquired quite a few more since then, especially in the last few months.

Some from Cap City and Pegasus (thanks to @henz0), some from Cranium and HatClub as well as a bunch in Winnipeg (my hometown) and Toronto where I now live.

DD148EB5-FA35-46F2-92D2-2EC72CE9353E.jpeg
DC45E3A8-F0E7-4D4B-8C9C-C78EA8FAD0DE.jpeg
C4D7F0D3-33CC-4B5E-82DB-21F498EDA8FF.jpeg

I’ve got almost all that have ever been made, but definitely missing a few Manitoba Moose hats (dark teal/brown from Cap City, brown/black and a beef & broc from MyFitteds, a grey Melton from Cranium and a black/gold Suede brim from some other small shop in NY that isn’t even around anymore).

Long stretch but if anyone has any Jets or Moose hats in a 3/8 or 1/2 that aren’t here, please hit me up.

Good to see this thread still alive and kickin.

Last edited:
still never got the FOG new era for retail

:smh:

anyone here interested in a bunch of fitted from Retro Classic NE did a few years back but disappeared

got 6-7 of them deadstock with tags

Grabbed this on ebay brand new. Really digging it. Anybody got an idea what year its from? Never seen the flag on the back before
20191015_193233.jpg
20191015_193252.jpg
Before the flag, we had this

It's the hat shaped NEW ERA logo. Right around 1997-1998, they introduced the flag we know and hate. So the Packers cap is no older than 1997. What's the inside look like? I'd probably place it 1998-2001 if I had to casually guess.

New cheap find
2009 era cool base white Sox hat. Musa. Poly.
2142DE8C-78AC-4AA4-B210-B247E88EA1BA.jpeg

Bert. Bert. what size? eBay surprisingly has some sell for upwards of $50. People are dumb. I know Macy's has some on sale now. I'm waiting it out for now. So many are misses, rather than hits on a design and accuracy level.

Never even checked eBay, I remember not copping any other than a Dodgers which was great and reminded me of my OG late 2000s wool.

they are all 7 1/4. I think I got Yankees, black mets, rockies, Indians big wahoo, a couple others I forgot

Before the flag, we had this

It's the hat shaped NEW ERA logo. Right around 1997-1998, they introduced the flag we know and hate. So the Packers cap is no older than 1997. What's the inside look like? I'd probably place it 1998-2001 if I had to casually guess.

New cheap find
2009 era cool base white Sox hat. Musa. Poly.
2142DE8C-78AC-4AA4-B210-B247E88EA1BA.jpeg

Bert. Bert. what size? eBay surprisingly has some sell for upwards of $50. People are dumb. I know Macy's has some on sale now. I'm waiting it out for now. So many are misses, rather than hits on a design and accuracy level.
Great info. Here's the inside.
20191016_203649.jpg

Also if any of you come across any wisconsin or milwaukee sport team gems in a 7 3/8 please hit me up. Will do the same if you guys are looking for anything in particular

Great info. Here's the inside.
20191016_203649.jpg
A lot of times, you can compare the tags of NFL, MiLB, and NBA fitteds to MLB to pinpoint the era. With MLB setting the standard, the others follow suit with tagging and such.

Here's a 1997 new era MLB on field
It's the first year of that specific new era tagging, which is the same as your Packers hat. So I'd place it 1997-1999

And heres a Packers new era from the prior era, 1994-1996

How can i shrink a 7 5/8 to a 7 1/2

Edit: cpf262 cpf262 Have one myself, from a vtg panthers snapback i bought a while back

love this thing, never seen it before, has like a velour type on the bill

6214276A-0F13-4610-87A6-09D9008C7F88.jpeg

006937AE-B539-427A-9F8E-7346807798CF.jpeg

Last edited:
Came in today from Ecapcity.

Haven't bought a fitted in years. Checked the tag and seen it was made in Haiti. Never knew they made fitteds there..

IMG_20191019_201447.jpg

IMG_20191019_201502.jpg

Last edited:
Nujavez Nujavez
China is the new USA
Haiti /Bangladesh are the new China.

It's definitely a newer thing since the US shops closed up shop. What I mean by China is the new USA, Chinese made caps are at a slightly upper level over Haiti and Bangladesh. Both of those are second tier, if you even want to call Chinese, first tier. You definitely can't be buying online anymore. Sizing inconsistencies and you just have to feel how these caps feel, especially for retail. HC just instituted a hassle free returns process, or they are atleast advertising it more now. They probably had many complaints on their new stock of overseas crap.

We've come to a sad state of affairs.

----
Couldn't let this sit for $20 range. Quick scoop up.

89CEA01A-E82C-4D96-A968-B8FCEBC523AB.jpeg

789973EE-3895-4547-B37A-820218BBA93C.jpeg

2003-2005 Detroit Tigers on field. MUSA. 100% wool. Grey under. Brand new. Perfection right there.

For as hard to find as the regular grey Home under is, I still can't find the orange D road cap. Tough find.

Last edited:
My 1st fitted was a 02 White Sox home. Joints were soft and thicker, they could absorb a bit of rainwater. Now a days fitteds aint smooth and they are a bit flimsy, and will be soaked quickly.

Back
Top Bottom