Post Your New Eras*59-Fiftys*etc... VOL. INFINITY NOW W/ Henz0/Thunderchunk/Icy's FAQ ON PG.1

Not a fitted but just got this in today...

PSX_20200625_152202.jpg
PSX_20200625_151318.jpg

Attachments

• PSX_20200625_151450.jpg
    PSX_20200625_151450.jpg
    207.2 KB · Views: 8
Y’all using seam rippers on the NE logo? I might have to YouTube it and see how easy it is. I might do a few of mine.
It takes about an hour but not too crazy. Totally worth it

sorry Guccishades Guccishades the general new quality is trash.
briannnnn briannnnn try to hold back 3-5 years. It’s not worth it. Popularity is at an all time high but these caps are trash.
Weird times we’re in.

briannnnn briannnnn try to hold back 3-5 years. It’s not worth it. Popularity is at an all time high but these caps are trash.
Weird times we’re in.
The shape and form on a lot of them are good

B088266D-1D64-44F2-881C-60FDE06877C5.jpeg
Bought these jays to flip today but might keep since I got a fit

Attachments

• F4F46129-45CE-44C4-ABA9-2F4F0801BE89.jpeg
    F4F46129-45CE-44C4-ABA9-2F4F0801BE89.jpeg
    482 KB · Views: 75

Weird times we’re in.

I still have two grey underbrim Yankee hats that are unworn and a made in USA black underbrim Yankees unworn. Going to try and keep these in as best condition as possible.

I still remember the time the Made in China ones were so bad in terms of fit and lint attraction that that became the reason I avoided them. I would only buy hats in store and literally look for the tag to read "Made in USA" before buying, haha.

I had figured out how to tell them apart just by sticker alone (made in USA models tended to have a slight greenish shade of gold) but it became harder and harder to find hats in my size made in the states.

It's been a minute since I bought a new hat and I feel so out of the loop going through this thread, I can't keep up with the new trends 😂👴🏻

As for seam rippers I bought a cheap one at either Rite Aid or Duane Reade/Walgreens.

I have two fitteds that are the same model but a size apart. The bigger one is Made in China, smaller one made in Bangladesh. The shape on bigger one Made in China is off. I don't know if it is due to size or the factory that made it.

I still have two grey underbrim Yankee hats that are unworn and a made in USA black underbrim Yankees unworn. Going to try and keep these in as best condition as possible.

I still remember the time the Made in China ones were so bad in terms of fit and lint attraction that that became the reason I avoided them. I would only buy hats in store and literally look for the tag to read "Made in USA" before buying, haha.

I had figured out how to tell them apart just by sticker alone (made in USA models tended to have a slight greenish shade of gold) but it became harder and harder to find hats in my size made in the states.

It's been a minute since I bought a new hat and I feel so out of the loop going through this thread, I can't keep up with the new trends 😂👴🏻

As for seam rippers I bought a cheap one at either Rite Aid or Duane Reade/Walgreens.

i remember my first Chinese made on field. The poly looked exactly like this
1593201419160.jpeg

A literal lint trap. I actually think they’ve gotten better over the years but not by much. This first or second year Chinese poly was thick, had no true fuzz, and was not flexible at all. Chinese made at its worst imho.

The Yankees were one of the first teams to really get large scale production in China for on fields. Even before derby closed, finding a USA made Yankees (and even Mets) was a daunting task. This is going back like 8 years at this point.

Even player caps have been found to be made in China too. So it’s not exclusive to consumers. I feel grey under Yankees are easier to find than MUSA black under polys.

i meant to say you should Go back 3-5 years for yankee caps. The year they got the side flag was a big year for imported caps. Many were made in USA but had the crappy materials, so a non flagged Yankees has a better chance at fitting better.

I think I have two Bangladesh hats. They fit terrible. They’re extremely boxy with nasty materials. And the size tag means nothing anymore. Made in China caps are the new USA. You’d be better off with a Chinese wool custom grey under then any 2018,2019, or 2020 yankee on field
Guccishades Guccishades I get on HC a lot but I am a bit impressed with the fit and look of some of their newer releases. They are really polishing what should be boxy turds. They have one of the better factories working with them it appears.

A lot of lids fashion caps are just Terribly built. I was expecting the worst from them when derby closed. I’d still like to stay away from their Bangladesh hats. But their made in China are about as good as you’ll get. The shape on 70% of their caps looks close to what derby USA would do for them. 4ucap and even ecap and my fitteds over the years have had questionable quality Chinese made caps. For the new retail of $40-$45, they better be higher class, and I think they are close.

Non mlb caps such as milb and NCAA were notorious for having crappy crowns and bad craftsmanship overall. These were all made overseas. Today’s HC exclusives are a tad bit above that, so there is a glimmer of hope.

I own a few cooperstown collection mlb hats and they’re made overseas with a side flag. Now those were low grade customs. HC is at least trying here. I’ll give them credit.

speaking of shape, how have I never stumbled on this guy

When people tak about boxy or high crown, this guy has good examples in how to reshape them. Game changing info. I have a ton of hats I don’t wear enough because they’re too high crown

The biggest issue now is sizing. Anything from 2012 onward Has questionable sizing, usa or overseas made.

Are new wool grey brim Yankees from 2005ish worth anything? :nerd::nerd:
Retail to maybe $55 tops. The new hype boyz aren’t into on fields. They want the colored unders and life size side patches.

—————
Tldr. HC used to make caps that resembled mlb on fields, and not the cheap cooperstown looking knock offs. Now they’re a bit in between.

Last edited:
i remember my first Chinese made on field. The poly looked exactly like this
1593201419160.jpeg

A literal lint trap. I actually think they’ve gotten better over the years but not by much. This first or second year Chinese poly was thick, had no true fuzz, and was not flexible at all. Chinese made at its worst imho.

The Yankees were one of the first teams to really get large scale production in China for on fields. Even before derby closed, finding a USA made Yankees (and even Mets) was a daunting task. This is going back like 8 years at this point.

Even player caps have been found to be made in China too. So it’s not exclusive to consumers. I feel grey under Yankees are easier to find than MUSA black under polys.

i meant to say you should Go back 3-5 years for yankee caps. The year they got the side flag was a big year for imported caps. Many were made in USA but had the crappy materials, so a non flagged Yankees has a better chance at fitting better.

I think I have two Bangladesh hats. They fit terrible. They’re extremely boxy with nasty materials. And the size tag means nothing anymore. Made in China caps are the new USA. You’d be better off with a Chinese wool custom grey under then any 2018,2019, or 2020 yankee on field
Guccishades Guccishades I get on HC a lot but I am a bit impressed with the fit and look of some of their newer releases. They are really polishing what should be boxy turds. They have one of the better factories working with them it appears.

A lot of lids fashion caps are just Terribly built. I was expecting the worst from them when derby closed. I’d still like to stay away from their Bangladesh hats. But their made in China are about as good as you’ll get. The shape on 70% of their caps looks close to what derby USA would do for them. 4ucap and even ecap and my fitteds over the years have had questionable quality Chinese made caps. For the new retail of $40-$45, they better be higher class, and I think they are close.

Non mlb caps such as milb and NCAA were notorious for having crappy crowns and bad craftsmanship overall. These were all made overseas. Today’s HC exclusives are a tad bit above that, so there is a glimmer of hope.

I own a few cooperstown collection mlb hats and they’re made overseas with a side flag. Now those were low grade customs. HC is at least trying here. I’ll give them credit.

speaking of shape, how have I never stumbled on this guy

When people tak about boxy or high crown, this guy has good examples in how to reshape them. Game changing info. I have a ton of hats I don’t wear enough because they’re too high crown

The biggest issue now is sizing. Anything from 2012 onward Has questionable sizing, usa or overseas made.

Retail to maybe $55 tops. The new hype boyz aren’t into on fields. They want the colored unders and life size side patches.

—————
Tldr. HC used to make caps that resembled mlb on fields, and not the cheap cooperstown looking knock offs. Now they’re a bit in between.

I haven’t noticed any quality issues on hat club joints but I did say and do agree when you reiterate that the shape on their fitteds and look is top notch

Hahahaha Hahahaha he also does a blow dryer and mini soccer ball trick to smooth out the crown. Game changing. I usually just wear a hat and it’ll naturally age in a year or 5 lol.

Guccishades Guccishades

I only own two of Hcs recent releases and that was around Christmas time so my pool is small. Just looking at IG, the shape is decent. Chinese customs used to look like m&n snap backs and new era snap backs( why are they so high crown?).

I own dozens with bulbous crowns. Most from 4ucap, ecap, and my fitteds are the older Chinese bulbous variety.

And yet that recent HC pickup in late 2019 was a California Angels 70s HC exclusive. Made in China and wool. It has one of the best shapes from a Chinese cap I’ve ever seen. So there’s progress. But then I get their two tone twins made in Bangladesh poly cap and it’s one of the worst.
Between crowns being so vastly different, the sizing, and now the price, how are fitteds back? They should be at an all time low.

HC is onto something for sure but is it worth the risk?

I've watched that youtube channel reshaping hats using a blow dryer, but don't want to go that far yet. Lately I've been wearing my fitteds that are boxy when I am at home, hoping it conforms to my head. Been going at it on one fitted for a couple weeks, so far minimal progress. :ohwell:

I have a Chinese wool thats about 8 years old and has 1000 wears and the crown won’t budge. I think heat and force is the only way.

the bill is soggy. It smells but the crown is the nearly the same As Day one.
Sweat tends to help, among other regular wear patterns. It almost ends up being too much work to get it just right. I just wear them anymore ;(

I was just on new era last week and didn’t see these. I would have grabbed this. How the **** are these selling out so fast? **** is going on?

4ECD1369-A237-4F1B-87DD-B2CAF31209D3.jpeg

Hahahaha Hahahaha wow those released yesterday or Wednesday. It’s sad that’s the best they got for new eras 100th. We need more. We more broader releases.

Back
Top Bottom