Post Your New Eras*59-Fiftys*etc... VOL. INFINITY NOW W/ Henz0/Thunderchunk/Icy's FAQ ON PG.1

It’s a different era. I’m in a fb 5950 group and people complain about the older poly era of creasing.
These caps were soft as hell. Fuzzy as hell. Take your pick. But this is as close to perfection as well get

todays era likes the Chinese and Bangladesh boxy crown and super smooth crown.
People forget the imperfections are what make it great.

they would hate the ebbets field caps and any heritage series new era cap.
Its come full circle but it’s the same era of people who don’t want creases in their shoes. It’s 100% full grain leather but you want it stiff? Same with soft poly or wool. Let them have their overseas crap.

I'm in between when it comes to New vs Old era of hats. I owned a lot of on fields from 2005 til now and I loved them but I didn't wear hats much back then so they stayed fresh.

So when I started getting into hats again 4-5 years ago, I started hunting down World Series caps and ASG, etc so when hatclub and similar sites started doing the custom joints, I started collecting those bc it was unique and I didn't end up with 5 of the same exact hat.

It wasn’t long ago. The turning point was 2016 when caps started to see imported materials. They were less fuzzy and stiffer than the prior decade. Not until the true derby NY closure were the overseas caps as prevalent. DERBY closed up in 2019 I believe. The hardcore dudes go for the older pre imported materials generation. Most now go for what is deemed as rare by HC.
ITs an interesting paradox.
purists and collectors are going for the cheaper more quality items. The new bred $$$‘collectors’ have other things on their mind.

DoubleDroppa DoubleDroppa it’s always shocking in a good way to see pristine originals. The shape and color differences are amazing. I sort of like the lighter retro classic royal coloring most. Shape of the older caps can vary greatly.

I like the royal blue on the classic retro also but man that crown is ridiculous! I have so much forehead space with most of today caps. I have to size up now cause 7 1/2 are way too tight and even some 7 5/8.

Honestly, I don't really do hatclub preorders because they drop SO many hats weekly. I mean, if they're dropping a hat with a patch you can't find anywhere then go for the preorder but I've seen the same hats weekly. They'll do a preorder for a navy Mariners with a light blue brim then two weeks later they drop the same hat but with a different patch.
i do preorders because i usually miss on they weekday daytime drops, i always take a L on my phone at work trying to order. My paypal info be taking to long to load up during drops.

MYfitteds DBacks Teal New pick up :pimp:

Attachments

• 5B2E7A60-E56F-40B0-A99C-2EE9837F2868.jpeg
    5B2E7A60-E56F-40B0-A99C-2EE9837F2868.jpeg
    256.4 KB · Views: 55
It’s a different era. I’m in a fb 5950 group and people complain about the older poly era of creasing.

FHS on fb?

I just got back onto fb after like a 10 year hiatus and got into a fitted hat group and a TNF group.

I guess it's not so much different than being on NT in a way.

My boy in NY sold a yellow Yankee pinkie last week for $225. i was like damn they that thirsty for hats up there like that.

My boy in NYC sold an icey blue bottom for $300 2 weeks ago. Sent the messages everything. He's regularly flipping those and pinkys for $200-300. It's nuts. In most cases it's dudes from the west coast buying them.

I think I'm gonna stop visiting hat sites for awhile. I spent about $1k on hats the past 2 weeks.

Yeah that's nuts. :lol:

the fact that you gotta preorder fitteds now is wild. dudes was rocking black nastys not too long ago.

:lol: :lol:

Man I don't wear any kind of white clothing, or accessories. But that LAD is so cold. I would definitely get that (in my mind :lol: ). That cavs with the 97 ASG patch is sharp too, I just hate that Cavs logo.

Back
Top Bottom