Post Your New Eras*59-Fiftys*etc... VOL. INFINITY NOW W/ Henz0/Thunderchunk/Icy's FAQ ON PG.1

My boy in NYC sold an icey blue bottom for $300 2 weeks ago. Sent the messages everything. He's regularly flipping those and pinkys for $200-300. It's nuts. In most cases it's dudes from the west coast buying them.

Tell him I got some caps he can sell and we'll split the profits if someone is willing to pay him $300 :lol:

My boy in NYC sold an icey blue bottom for $300 2 weeks ago. Sent the messages everything. He's regularly flipping those and pinkys for $200-300. It's nuts. In most cases it's dudes from the west coast buying them.

Yeah that's nuts. :lol:

:lol: :lol:

Man I don't wear any kind of white clothing, or accessories. But that LAD is so cold. I would definitely get that (in my mind :lol: ). That cavs with the 97 ASG patch is sharp too, I just hate that Cavs logo.

I hate the Cavs but couldn’t pass on it lol

New pickup
30E8B0DC-0E03-4FBE-BE09-5F7E87A53FC7.jpeg

DC2F5C84-612E-41A1-9A23-683C3A2B24CA.jpeg

Luck of the draw. $20 find. Description was missing the Size number so it flew under my initial search radar
Its a 2006 era 1954 Cleveland Indians cooperstown collection retro cap. MUSA. 100% wool greatness. I love this era of retro caps. Unmatched.

and a quick history lesson
Here’s another new era Chinese custom next to the 2006 retro
77DAA0FC-8CFF-4DCE-A18D-8DC1CE0BB07E.jpeg

Your Chinese made custom has the correct red button up top. But uses the common era jersey sleeve patch wahoo. Your 2006 retro includes the nearly correct flat wahoo. The Chinese custom features a raised C, while the 2006 retro is laid a bit more flat.

And in a twist, neither are accurate to the original

327652FB-B923-4177-80D6-CF133E47337F.jpeg

the closest is the roman retro
DE2BAB11-912C-4EF2-A060-314200E92D33.jpeg

Even your wishbone C had incredible detail on the left portion of the C.
Gonna dump the Chinese custom I think. Size 8.

I remove the logo out of pure pettiness and spite to be honest, haha. The hats never had the logo previously so I didn't like it The hat, IMO, sold itself, I always knew it was a New Era and their reasoning for adding the logo seemed silly to me as it was basically "other brands can have their logo, why can't we have ours?"

A seam ripper it removes it cleanly but any scarring is only going to be noticable if you're actively looking for it. I did it to a couple Yankees hats I have and luckily the scars are almost invisible due to the dark fabric. But it does take time to remove it and the time could arguably be better spent elsewhere, 😅

But I do see your point, it's ultimately down to the wearer's preference and how much that extra logo matters.

Your perspective is valid. It's just New Era trying to get maximum TV exposure unfortunately. I certainly liked when the on-field MLB hats had no logo for decades like most on here.

All that matters is it's your personal preference, property, and discretion with your decision about removing the logo.

therealest1 therealest1
I’m with you there. Starting in The 2016 playoffs, if I buy an authentic on field , the flag stays on.
Now where I differ is many of the customs and cooperstown caps have the side flag too. That gets ripped off ASAP.

It's really bugged me the Cooperstown Collection hats manufactured from the last decade have the New Era logo on the side which renders it inaccurate since I'm maniacal with accuracy.

I can't bring myself to remove the logo from a Cooperstown hat from last decade because the default scarring from the aftermath of removal would really irk me so I refuse to get that style. And I actually have a seam ripper like some of y'all too.

I'm just going to stick to my guns and only get a Cooperstown hat without a logo by default although I'm aware it'll be a mission basically.

Your perspective is valid. It's just New Era trying to get maximum TV exposure unfortunately. I certainly liked when the on-field MLB hats had no logo for decades like most on here.

All that matters is it's your personal preference, property, and discretion with your decision about removing the logo.

It's really bugged me the Cooperstown Collection hats manufactured from the last decade have the New Era logo on the side which renders it inaccurate since I'm maniacal with accuracy.

I can't bring myself to remove the logo from a Cooperstown hat from last decade because the default scarring from the aftermath of removal would really irk me so I refuse to get that style. And I actually have a seam ripper like some of y'all too.

I'm just going to stick to my guns and only get a Cooperstown hat without a logo by default although I'm aware it'll be a mission basically.
I’ve de flagged a half dozen caps over the years. Just be patient. It may take up to an hour. The scarring is absolutely minimal if you take your time.
B9C4A5E0-DA8F-4B50-AC30-370761AE1DFB.jpeg
CF327FDE-523E-4FB1-B492-81E6B085D81C.jpeg
5C6FD5C1-717E-4759-9BC6-7A618A43C121.jpeg
2E298CEB-1363-4C58-8D05-E7608CF5939A.jpeg

The second one was a tad more lazy as you can vaguely see the outline and some wool that got caught in the mix. But it’s beyond worth it.
Mickeys place is the only source who’s continually been great about side flag or no side flag. Other websites are lazy.
The tonal flags are a B to remove. I don’t dare try to do that anymore.

word lol I was trying to sell my Icey blue la hat for a week damn near and no one trying to buy it 😂.

I think the hypebeasts that just started buying fitteds recently started to realize that the drops weren't one and done. There's usually 3 things that happen.

1) Hatclub drops some blue/pink/red brim hat and it sells out then they drop them again for pre order.
2) they make a color combo hat like navy with pink brim and another cap site/store just copies it.(or vice versa)
3) they drop a Yankees/Dodgers cap with colored brim then just make the same color combo in other teams down the line.

So they're just being patient as opposed to jumping on resale.

I think the hypebeasts that just started buying fitteds recently started to realize that the drops weren't one and done. There's usually 3 things that happen.

1) Hatclub drops some blue/pink/red brim hat and it sells out then they drop them again for pre order.
2) they make a color combo hat like navy with pink brim and another cap site/store just copies it.(or vice versa)
3) they drop a Yankees/Dodgers cap with colored brim then just make the same color combo in other teams down the line.

So they're just being patient as opposed to jumping on resale.
facts, once you miss just wait cause its definitely coming back in due time.

Back
Top Bottom