Post Your New Eras*59-Fiftys*etc... VOL. INFINITY NOW W/ Henz0/Thunderchunk/Icy's FAQ ON PG.1

Nice hat. That patch is oddly one of the only accurate recreations after all these years

The OG has a different logo patch, a different World Series logo with "98" on it, most customs seem to use the official event logo as the patch when the hats originally had a unique logo. I have a custom from I think 2012 or 2013 that has the correct logo, but seeing the right logo is rare

Here's what that logo looks like, partially. (Via poshmark listing of an OG model)
Screenshot_20201008-075800_Chrome.jpg

I see so many people ripping on white sweatbands on social media and I don't get it unless you cop 1 hat and wear it daily. If you're someone who has 30+ hats who gives a damn about the band being white? It's not gonna get dirty from you wearing it once a month unless you're wearing it to play baseball :lol:
Honestly. There's too many folks trying to sell used hats out there as 'new' or barely worn. It's easier to pawn off a 30 wear black sweatband as nearly new, Compared to a white sweatband which shows age within 5-6 wears.
The OG has a different logo patch, a different World Series logo with "98" on it, most customs seem to use the official event logo as the patch when the hats originally had a unique logo. I have a custom from I think 2012 or 2013 that has the correct logo, but seeing the right logo is rare

Here's what that logo looks like, partially. (Via poshmark listing of an OG model)
Screenshot_20201008-075800_Chrome.jpg
Good catch.
There we go with random new era changes over the years. The custom used to have the correct patch (which would make it one of the only customs to get nearly 100% correct). You're right about the event logo being used on almost all of the customs now
The 1998 WS patch custom used to be correct
1602162763557.jpeg

40_43fe2656-089e-471d-a12d-844f197d6737_1200x630.jpg

I had to do a double take and realized I was wrong. They reverted back to that diamond shaped event logo for newer customs.

Odd stuff.

Just Short code for made in USA. Many like myself prefer the musa on fields more than the Chinese or Bangladesh on fields. Huge difference in quality and build so many of us hint for the Musa gems. Also; they stopped making Musa caps for the public last year so they're also a tad rare.

Much of the Musa has the poly with visible fuzz on the crown. Overseas poly can lend itself to being greasy looking. Tough to describe. Easy to see in person though.

Just Short code for made in USA. Many like myself prefer the musa on fields more than the Chinese or Bangladesh on fields. Huge difference in quality and build so many of us hint for the Musa gems. Also; they stopped making Musa caps for the public last year so they're also a tad rare.

Much of the Musa has the poly with visible fuzz on the crown. Overseas poly can lend itself to being greasy looking. Tough to describe. Easy to see in person though.

MUSA usually have better crowns correct? From what I've seen the MUSA usually form more to your head than the boxier crowns on the China/Bangladesh

MUSA usually have better crowns correct? From what I've seen the MUSA usually form more to your head than the boxier crowns on the China/Bangladesh
I guess better is subjective. But for me, yeah. USA is quite a bit better. The crowns are less boxy, and the softer USA poly makes for a more comfortable experience.

This guy breaks it down decently

He misses the biggest factor. The material and fuzz on musa. That's a big one for me.

Some have gotten so used to what HC releases now and they like the more rigid sturdy overseas crown. To them, USA is sort of too soft. So there's an argument on both sides.

I guess better is subjective. But for me, yeah. USA is quite a bit better. The crowns are less boxy, and the softer USA poly makes for a more comfortable experience.

This guy breaks it down decently

He misses the biggest factor. The material and fuzz on musa. That's a big one for me.

Some have gotten so used to what HC releases now and they like the more rigid sturdy overseas crown. To them, USA is sort of too soft. So there's an argument on both sides.

For me personally I also feel the brims are more flexible on the MUSA. When I try to bend the brim a bit on the MUSA they bend nicely. Sometimes the brims on the Asia ones are too stiff and bend funny

I've purchased a ton of Hatclub hats in my lifetime. Easily spent $2k+ with them since my first purchase back in the day but these new school hat dudes that try to treat them like their hats are handmade in Italy is comedy.

So many social media posts I see where people are like "If it's not from hatclub it's trash" etc. If you say hatclub designs> other hat sites/stores that's fine. That's personal opinion. But to think the quality of the hat is superior despite coming from the same factory is so funny

I've purchased a ton of Hatclub hats in my lifetime. Easily spent $2k+ with them since my first purchase back in the day but these new school hat dudes that try to treat them like their hats are handmade in Italy is comedy.

So many social media posts I see where people are like "If it's not from hatclub it's trash" etc. If you say hatclub designs> other hat sites/stores that's fine. That's personal opinion. But to think the quality of the hat is superior despite coming from the same factory is so funny
I always just take it as people tryna get free **** from brands. :lol:

I always just take it as people tryna get free **** from brands. :lol:

I think it's just a popularity thing. Like hatclub is clearly the most popular hat site among younger guys and people who owned 1 fitted their entire life before this recent surge in hype. I've copped fitted from mom and pop hat shops where the fit and materials, design, etc were all on point. But most these guys wouldn't know that because they've never stepped foot into any store and only got into hats because of the Hatclub hype train.

Wow I didn’t know hat club drops was like supreme. Just got cart jacked twice and I’m size 8. Locally I never have issues getting hats my size

Wow I didn’t know hat club drops was like supreme. Just got cart jacked twice and I’m size 8. Locally I never have issues getting hats my size

It's almost impossible to buy two hats off hatclub unless it's one of their occasional Saturday drops where they release 10+ hats. If it's a 2-4 hat drop just aim for the one you want most. What payment option did you use?

It's almost impossible to buy two hats off hatclub unless it's one of their occasional Saturday drops where they release 10+ hats. If it's a 2-4 hat drop just aim for the one you want most. What payment option did you use?
Was trying PayPal but I probably. Should do Apple Pay right ?

I see so many people ripping on white sweatbands on social media and I don't get it unless you cop 1 hat and wear it daily. If you're someone who has 30+ hats who gives a damn about the band being white? It's not gonna get dirty from you wearing it once a month unless you're wearing it to play baseball :lol:

i see you are passionate about white sweatbands and you are welcome to your opinion, like i am to mine and every else is to theirs, but the majority consensus says white sweatbands are wack

For me personally I also feel the brims are more flexible on the MUSA. When I try to bend the brim a bit on the MUSA they bend nicely. Sometimes the brims on the Asia ones are too stiff and bend funny
Oh yeah. The comfort out of the gate is usually unmatched. The innards or guts of these MUSA caps are what make it great. They definitely use a different brim cardboard, among other things. Even your temple tends to hurt less with Musa.
----
New pickup. A bit of a white whale
2890F8E4-FEF0-4B7B-8FA9-FA346E759725.jpeg

2012-2015 era Yankees on field. MUSA. 100% poly. Black under.
This one's been quite the challenge to find affordably. Yankee on fields appear to be majority made overseas since the beginning of time, like a 80/20 split towards china. Comfort is unmatched. It really is amazing how soft these caps are compared to the cardboard boxes we wear on our heads now. People dismiss soft as cheaply made. Caps aren't supposed to be rigid and stiff.

Upptempo Upptempo preach about HC. I feel many get mad that other guys are coming in and they feel it's stealing their design style. It's true HC started the colored UV and patch craze. But you're right, they're all made at the same factories. Nothing about a HC cap is better than the other guys. They tend to like lower quantities to keep hype going.

Speaking of Frankensteins. 4ucaps is starting a new craze.
I said the next thing may be asg patches on non hosts. And here we go
NYY-590863_1024x1024.jpg

NYY-590846_1024x1024.jpg

NYY-590840_1024x1024.jpg

Reds, royals, dbacks to start.
And on and on

It starts with a test phase of Yankees. So far they've also had a orange 05 asg for tigers
TherE's a black 03 asg for white Sox
2001 aqua for Mariners , 02 light navy for Brewers, a navy/red for braves asg.
And each has a pink or baby blue under.

Mind is blown. I'll let the folks who like these, to like these. I'll stick to what I know lol. And it's not these $45 sellouts within 2 seconds.

Last edited:
i see you are passionate about white sweatbands and you are welcome to your opinion, like i am to mine and every else is to theirs, but the majority consensus says white sweatbands are wack

I didn't say I was passionate about it lol. I said idc if the band is white or black if the hat is dope. I own mostly black sweatbands but it's not a deal breaker because I'll wear each hat 2-3 times a year

Back
Top Bottom