Post Your New Eras*59-Fiftys*etc... VOL. INFINITY NOW W/ Henz0/Thunderchunk/Icy's FAQ ON PG.1

Yep. They’re still one of the cheaper sources. One of the last to be in the mid to low $40 range.

$43 combined with the $150 free international shipping made them a true go to source. They have quite a few hats sitting in the best of times

Speaking of deals, through the 31st, 4ucaps has 25% off everything.

Yep. They’re still one of the cheaper sources. One of the last to be in the mid to low $40 range.

$43 combined with the $150 free international shipping made them a true go to source. They have quite a few hats sitting in the best of times

Speaking of deals, through the 31st, 4ucaps has 25% off everything.
Saw your post and went through all 13 pages of their MLB fitteds... I only spotted 2 that I'd even consider buying, they need to upgrade their inventory. Appreciate the look though

Also does this only apply to topperz? I thought I saw someone mention famcapstore as well... If so, what are our alternatives in America? I've copped from Hatclub, ecap, sneakertown, and crown minded... Anymore?

Saw your post and went through all 13 pages of their MLB fitteds... I only spotted 2 that I'd even consider buying, they need to upgrade their inventory. Appreciate the look though
they seem to have bigger in store releases. Their fb page has tons of ‘hype’ release types over the past few months. Beer pack, sponge bob, Mario bros., etc. that never really made their website.

Awhile back they had a huge restock of their plain Jane retro grey unders, so that’s where my focus has been. They’re currently running low but atleast there the retail is $40. So 25% off of that and you’re looking at a $32 plain Jane taking you back a decade in a pricing sense. I could probably scrounge up 2-3 if I really wanted to with plain Jane grey unders or plain Jane world series. Beyond that, I agree, they’re sort of lacking. Their inventory for the most part looks like it did in 2010

I've already bought all their Dodger caps so I've just been waiting for them to put up anything new. If nothing pops up I'll get the hot pink one for the F of it.

Also does this only apply to topperz? I thought I saw someone mention famcapstore as well... If so, what are our alternatives in America? I've copped from Hatclub, ecap, sneakertown, and crown minded... Anymore?

All EU based stores got blockaded by Fanatics.

Just got this. Nothing special but I like this Cincy logo:
Screenshot_20220830_222957.jpg

Do they do this logo in both directions? I swear I just saw a cap with him going right-to-left.
yes :lol:
Screenshot_20220830-194220_Samsung Internet.jpg

i thought it would have been the other way if he was in the C

edit:
rocked this today
20220830_181210.jpg

also keep getting lazy to post my pick ups, it's hard. sometimes it just toooo many hats :lol:
got djlunchbox djlunchbox Olympic cap (thang is fire) but also wanted to find all DS dodgers for a family photo

Last edited:
All EU based stores got blockaded by Fanatics.

Just got this. Nothing special but I like this Cincy logo:
Screenshot_20220830_222957.jpg
I know Nike can block euro stores selling shoes to USA customers but that’s on Nike and their contract etc. so I thought this new era deal was sort of the same.

What is the significance of fanatics in new eras deal with euro stores? Ever since their mlbshop buyout along with lids, it’s just never been the same. Since lids is fanatics, are they bullying their way to the top? I wouldn’t put it past them to buy new era soon enough.

Edit: maybe I need to think broader. Maybe it’s fanatics
Pushing for exclusive Licensing of the big professional leagues for all products, not just hats but jerseys and apparel.

I see fanatics is working with footlocker now to push more of their generic crap our way.

Last edited:
I know Nike can block euro stores selling shoes to USA customers but that’s on Nike and their contract etc. so I thought this new era deal was sort of the same.

What is the significance of fanatics in new eras deal with euro stores? Ever since their mlbshop buyout along with lids, it’s just never been the same. Since lids is fanatics, are they bullying their way to the top? I wouldn’t put it past them to buy new era soon enough.

Edit: maybe I need to think broader. Maybe it’s fanatics
Pushing for exclusive Licensing of the big professional leagues for all products, not just hats but jerseys and apparel.

I see fanatics is working with footlocker now to push more of their generic crap our way.

Fanatics has recently established their foothold in the euro market so they want to make sure they control it. Not sure why but I know the Views From the Vault guys gave decent info about the whole situation.

It's dumb but i guess with Fanatics buying lids and lids launching LidsHD they want to make a bigger imprint in the custom hat community.

todays wear
A 2012 era New York Mets on field black nasty. Made in China.
BE6DAEC8-87A5-4E32-81D2-AD8460CEC210.jpeg
1218D353-A602-46DD-AEB9-68E3C1926AF0.jpeg

Lint/dust trap magnet era. This was the cap that turned it all around for me. From that moment further, I had to seek out the usa made on fields. These are and were impossible to keep clean or stay clean. The brim above is about as clean as you’ll ever get that hat save for hand plucking every particle.

Fortunately that era didn’t last too long it would seem. Todays Bangladesh and China made caps seem better all around. Even todays China made on fields seem better. There was a definite era where these on fields came off as fakes compared to their derby counterpart.

Fanatics has recently established their foothold in the euro market so they want to make sure they control it. Not sure why but I know the Views From the Vault guys gave decent info about the whole situation.

It's dumb but i guess with Fanatics buying lids and lids launching LidsHD they want to make a bigger imprint in the custom hat community.
Thanks. I try to stay sort of in the know on basic hat news.

So fanatics told new era to close off access and they caved? Who’s running the show here? That’s why I feel it’s not long before the fanatics conglomerate buys new era and makes it all exclusive to their websites

You would think expanded sales and access and hats just being out in the wild would be great for new era. I’ve seen topperz hats in all corners of the globe.

Unless it’s now possible for a us retailer to mirror famcap and topperz inventory/design styles? It also felt like many designs were approved for a euro crowd, like there are different copyright/trademark rules. Most of the mid 90s sonics colored ne hats I was told can’t be made on us soil. They get rejected because m&n somehow has those rights. But in euro, a lot more leniency?

Has anyone heard if Canadian shops are off limits now too?

I wonder if topperz can collab with some us shops and get some stuff flowing for some of the shops that seem to be stuck in time?

well to be fair, the licensing issue has always been a thing and stipulation but it was never enforced so NE didn’t push it. That is until fanatics made a stink.

well to be fair, the licensing issue has always been a thing and stipulation but it was never enforced so NE didn’t push it. That is until fanatics made a stink.
Change the rules. Amend your own restrictions.

I get why it’s happening, at least initially. But new era is complicit in this too

I saw the older vfv stream just a second ago.

Corporate bullying.

I also wouldn’t put it past other us entities complaining. The sonics issue is huge. I think that gets understated.

How many other approvals are euro specific too? The playing field was not level. And yet topperz was cheaper and had better shipping. So they took their own revenue hit by providing lower prices . There was hate coming from all corners imho.

New era sales may suffer now.
Maybe fanatics agreed to drop more at their lidshd website so ne is fine with this initial loss?

Back
Top Bottom