Post Your New Eras*59-Fiftys*etc... VOL. INFINITY NOW W/ Henz0/Thunderchunk/Icy's FAQ ON PG.1

A&W I've heard it called roorbeer float, but designer said colors were inspired by the old a&w restaurants.

Found myself a pretty sweet wallyhopp wallyhopp special on ebay that just got delivered. Seller said his buddy was a clubhouse attendant at Citi Field and this was left over in the room after the '13 AS Game unworn.

The only Dodger on that roster was Clayton Kershaw, and dude's a creature of habit and likes to wear one hat as long as possible, so I'm guessing he was provided a couple and only used one the entire time he was in NYC.

Was dusty as hell but a quick brush-up got it nice. Got it for about $35 shipped :nthat:

20221102_154510.jpg

20221102_154524.jpg

20221102_154550.jpg

20221102_154616.jpg
Nice. I’ve been slacking on true deals.

Usa made? Looks like it. A lot of these special types of hats used whatever teams had leftovers of for the patch caps. Lots of yankee event caps are all China made. It’s quite the toss up. Since everything was glued on, a lot of it was done in house in a sense.

That Indians he sold may be a lindor gamer (size matches with what he has worn plus he was one of two Indians on that futures game as roster). I can’t seem to find any Kershaw gamers. It makes you wonder if he wore it for a bit or it was a backup. It could almost be advertised as a kershaw game issued

Those obscure asg caps are $$$. Quite rare as they may have only popped up at the physical stadium with a very small run on lids or mlbshop. A lot are usa made. A Mets 2013 asg cap is much more common than any other team. Same with any host city as they made the most of those for the home crowd. So any non host team asg cap is harder to find to begin with, let alone one that may have been issued to a big leaguer.

Past week of wears
In the WS spirit I brought this guy out of the closet
B3C4B7D4-0F92-46DE-B9B4-FDCB975976E3.jpeg

It’s a first year ne side flagged 2016 World Series now banned wahoo cap. Usa made with imported materials. Never liked the side flag so it gets worn rarely.

Nice. I’ve been slacking on true deals.

Usa made? Looks like it. A lot of these special types of hats used whatever teams had leftovers of for the patch caps. Lots of yankee event caps are all China made. It’s quite the toss up. Since everything was glued on, a lot of it was done in house in a sense.

That Indians he sold may be a lindor gamer (size matches with what he has worn plus he was one of two Indians on that futures game as roster). I can’t seem to find any Kershaw gamers. It makes you wonder if he wore it for a bit or it was a backup. It could almost be advertised as a kershaw game issued

Those obscure asg caps are $$$. Quite rare as they may have only popped up at the physical stadium with a very small run on lids or mlbshop. A lot are usa made. A Mets 2013 asg cap is much more common than any other team. Same with any host city as they made the most of those for the home crowd. So any non host team asg cap is harder to find to begin with, let alone one that may have been issued to a big leaguer.

Past week of wears
In the WS spirit I brought this guy out of the closet
B3C4B7D4-0F92-46DE-B9B4-FDCB975976E3.jpeg

It’s a first year ne side flagged 2016 World Series now banned wahoo cap. Usa made with imported materials. Never liked the side flag so it gets worn rarely.
Yup, made in USA. Really fuzzy poly, I initially thought it was wool when I first opened it. I have a connection with the Dodgers where I could probably get it signed by Kersh if he comes back next year, but since it's not game-worn I'm just gonna wear it myself.

5 pack for Houston tomorrow.
3E172074-ED10-4A68-848D-7EC62846454C.jpeg

Sucks I'm gonna have to miss it, grams is being buried that day out by Austin. Gonna have to find me an assist lol.
IMG_3479.jpg

He's always ready just costs a case of beer lmao.

Is it gonna be one per person, or one per style? Turley leg is a must for me, but that space center is straight 🔥 too.

Broke out this ‘d5 mighty ducks’ custom M twins for the weekend
09D8B608-A1AF-43D5-B012-3A5B79844279.jpeg

Usually not a huge fan of contrast buttons mixed with contrast eyelets if the entire cap is one color. But it works here I suppose.

Dare I say, it’s just missing a side patch. What’s a custom patch cost these days? I know there may be copyright issues with a real duck side patch.

Regarding brim curvature, some use an old coffee mug and rubber bands. Or say an oversized big gulp type cup. Keep it like that for a week or so and it’ll have decent staying power. I just tend to curve them to my liking when I throw them on my head.l every wear. They may get recurved 4-5 times during an initial wearing. If you want that extreme curve dad hat type look, yeah. You’ll need extended time with the curve, otherwise most caps just tend to naturally return to flat. And if it’s an older vintage hat, those bills have a soggy type of floppy texture to them. You may never get them to truly keep any true shape.

Years back, your Chinese made caps had hardier sturdier brims compared to the USA made caps. Todays caps are pretty much all China and Bangladesh made. They have a few difference’s. Steaming a cap prior may add a bit more flexibility but caps all tend to be flexible to begin with.

Just ordered of fanatics free shipping and had $14 fancash not bad under $40 I'm not big on white domes though... need more NBA and Rockets stuff DOES NOT SELL GOOD so you rarely see a decent cap.
PhotoRoom-20221106_023441.png

Random weekend wearer

Love this twins logo. Sad to have seen it basically retired. Before the 2017 season tribute, it was their mainstay cap from 1987-2012

Worn once during the 2017 season(July 22nd vs the tigers), this TBTC on field is a 30th anniversary tribute to their 1987 ws win.
Ne side flag. Usa made with imported materials. Black nasty. Tribute side patch
FA35AF6E-CCAC-4B7B-8644-5CA2BBD296C2.jpeg

F4A07912-E0C2-4B10-8E84-2B14A48E5951.jpeg

The cap is usa made with imported materials but by 2017, some caps seem to have many elements inch closer to overseas made. The crown has some weird dents (stiffer than usual), and the poly material itself seems to truly attract dust and dirt and lint relating itself closer to the overseas caps. It also features the ne side flag. Not a great cap all around. Stick with the 2007-2012 black nasties if you’re feeling nostalgic.

Random cheap mercari find
72634E27-5C9E-4E32-A802-E8A99DABA467.jpeg

Took a chance with a few vague photos. Didn’t want to ask too many questions. Hunches were correct
It’s a first year darker navy smaller wahoo 2015 fly your own flag tagged on field (this era had those tags 2012-2015). USA made black nasty. Not a side flag in sight. Lovely addition.

For historical reference, the team went back to darker navy in 2015. Around 2003, they decided to use light navy and had a mix of dark navy caps (2003 cursive I and their 2011 block C) and light navy during that duration (2003-2014). It got streamlined back to the original dark navy at that point for all caps.
I’m 110% more of a fan of their dark navy caps than anything light navy. ill try to get a comparison up eventually.

Back
Top Bottom