Post Your New Eras*59-Fiftys*etc... VOL. INFINITY NOW W/ Henz0/Thunderchunk/Icy's FAQ ON PG.1

Topperz delivery
20220911_181610.jpg
20220911_181503.jpg

Brehs.... this hat stretcher/steamer combo has changed my life. I may wear a hat everyday now. They all so comfy now.

Yo I need a link and info. Does it really work? Does it mess up the shape and look? I gotta couple fitteds that are just too small and I need to fix.

ANYONE HELP???

Yo I need a link and info. Does it really work? Does it mess up the shape and look? I gotta couple fitteds that are just too small and I need to fix.

ANYONE HELP???
Hasnt altered the shape or look for me. Youtube the hat stretch steamer method. I got my hat stretcher from amazon for 15 bucks.

I liked it so much I bought 2

Thanks, you’re able to go up a size or two???
2 is a stretch. Im using it for my TTS hats that I need more room in. You may be able to go up a full size if you need it. May take multiple attempts and overnights tho.

Watch this before you do it.

Question for this thread:

Does a patch influence your decision to buy a hat or not?

Same yes and no. MILB teams don’t have a SP but if it’s fire logo I’ll cop. But for normal teams imma hypebeast and i avoid plain janes unless i plan to add a patch myself

Theres a lot of patches i don’t like, mostly the newer WS side patches like 2021 Dodgers. That 60th dodgers and the round 1980 ASG game is a no go for me, so no matter how fire the colorway is I’ll not get it if the side patch is boring.

One hint. either have slightly damp hair or dampen the outer sweatband area as you stretch your hat. I guess a steamer has the same effect. I wouldn’t over think the entire process. Too many of these hats fit terribly out of the gate and aren’t worth too much effort.

Throw it in a hat jack over night. You can even add an old cloth or tshirt to the underside of the hat jack to gain a bit more circumference around where the wood portion is.

For shrinking hats, think of leaving it in a hot car or in a sunny spot in a bag. You can also add a piece of old felt to the underside of the sweatband, or like I’m doing with unused surgical masks, place it within the size/new era tagging. (Blurry photo below but the black mask is folded and placed into the sweatband)

Older wool caps just genuinely shrink over time through wear or just storage as well

Some hats are just unsaveable. I have a few who’s crowns just seem way too deep and they look funny. They tend to fit and go over my eyebrows. Just odd stuff like that.

Todays wear
2012-2015 cooperstown mid 80s era Cleveland Indians ‘on field’
Made in China wool. Kelly green under. No side flag. No batterman. Plain Jane for life.
9194EEC8-7E90-433A-9E7D-D507B17EC11F.jpeg
8C312E68-DFD0-498E-ADC3-0527A53E1008.jpeg

2 is a stretch. Im using it for my TTS hats that I need more room in. You may be able to go up a full size if you need it. May take multiple attempts and overnights tho.

Watch this before you do it.

Think I got into it with this schmuck on IG a couple years ago.

I’m trying to make a few of my 7 1/2s into 5/8s so I’m a try this out.

Is there anyone who has a lead on where these are dropping? Im striking out in my area

Attachments

• South Bend Hat.png
    South Bend Hat.png
    466.8 KB · Views: 26
Why u say that

Using black for the Wisconsin Badgers. That's not a color they use.
Using black for the Tennessee Volunteers. That's not a color they use.
Used Villanova for the Eagles. Temple football is more Philly than Nova.
Texas A&M for the Houston Texans instead of the Houston Cougars.

The best hats were the Seahawks/UW and Vikings/Gophers.

Back
Top Bottom