Post your TATS vol. inked for life

Originally Posted by TypeRPinoY

Originally Posted by Hugo

im planing to get this tat on my arm from my elbow to my shoulder over the summer. how much you guys think it will cost me?
nxv0c4.jpg
btw. can someone please answer my question ^^^
laugh.gif
. its a coy fish tat. thats the biggest i can get the pic
word? a fish that is coy?

so do you know the pricing or not??
eyes.gif

usually ranges on 160/hour so, it all depends on how much detail you want since that'll take time.

Originally Posted by TheFoteenth

Fongstarr...

How is yours original in the first place? You got it out of a book. And I know you didnt think you were the only one to ever see dudes artwork.

You shouldnt act so surprised.

^^^^Naw I know but it is like when you have something and all of sudden you just start noticing it everywhere. It's like back in the days when you got apair of SB kicks like Sharks or Flashes and you feel like your the only one on the planet with them and when you see a bunch of other people wearing them itkind of bums you out....but it it expected. Maybe a better way of saying it is my tat isn't what the majority of people have like dragons, koi fish,flowers and that damn Method Man "Life Death" tattoo.

yeah, i understand. but you found it online.. what are the odds you're going to see somebody running around the bay area with the same tatt? let alone 2 ormore.

eek.gif
$160! not bad i was expecting in the 500 range. i might just get it inblack and white. im going to post it as soon as i get it. i should get it by june i believe.

eek.gif
$160! not bad i was expecting in the 500 range. i might just get it in black and white. im going to post it as soon as i get it. i should get it by june i believe.
You do know he meant $160 per hour right?

Originally Posted by 23legacy45

eek.gif
$160! not bad i was expecting in the 500 range. i might just get it in black and white. im going to post it as soon as i get it. i should get it by june i believe.
yea i did lol. my bad i just remembered its not going to take the artist 2hours to make it. maybe 3? so it is going to be in the 500 range.fudgge

23legacy45 wrote:

Hugo wrote:

eek.gif

yea i did lol. my bad i just remembered its not going to take the artist 2hours to make it. maybe 3? so it is going to be in the 500 range.fudgge

It just depends on the artists. If the Koi is what you want, then find someone that is good at them and they can knock it out faster. I like I heard Cartoonand Kat can do portraits mad fast but with some other stuff, it might take them longer. You have to do the research on it. I am thinking a half sleeve would beabout 4 hours work with multiple sessions....so expect like in the $700 range.

Not going to lie.....the outline was cake but the fill hurt way more then I expected. They always say then bone hurts but just like the side part of my arm andeven towards the elbow hurt the most. I mean it was tolerable and its not like it will make you cry but there is a pain there. And this is my arm.......Ican't imagine the pain people went with sensitive areas like inside of the arm near the armpit, the side of the back, ribcage, etc.

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

Originally Posted by ddot7

I think Dirty was saying that the symbol on your arm does not look like the correct Chinese symbol for the word "King". You sure it is?
oh i see. yea im sure. the artist was online making sure it was. and he was chinese i believe. and ive been wanting that tat since i was 13 so i made sure it was.
tongue.gif
(ima bout to be 19 btw)
are you sure?

国王 (simplefied)

is king

have a better pic of your tat?

eek.gif
i was getting worried for a second
laugh.gif
. i just remembered i put "chinese symbol for reyes". my bad i forgot. heres the site(its the first one)http://www.chinese-tools....2_reyes.html
*edit- well reyes means kings in english fam
laugh.gif
. stop the flaming
embarassed.gif

zy9d2s.jpg

so basically you didn't get "king" or "kings"....you got the pinyin equivalent of Reyes......[color= rgb(255, 51, 0)]Léi[/color] [color= rgb(0, 0, 255)]yē sī[/color]

so while phonetically it may be similar...it doesn't mean what you think it means.

sorry dude.. should have gone here http://www.chinese-tattoos.com/

Originally Posted by Mr Fongstarr

23legacy45 wrote:

Hugo wrote:

eek.gif

It just depends on the artists. If the Koi is what you want, then find someone that is good at them and they can knock it out faster. I like I heard Cartoon and Kat can do portraits mad fast but with some other stuff, it might take them longer. You have to do the research on it. I am thinking a half sleeve would be about 4 hours work with multiple sessions....so expect like in the $700 range.

eek.gif
.. i would spend 600 the most on it. may i ask how much you got thatnice tattoo on you forearm for?

Originally Posted by ddot7

I think Dirty was saying that the symbol on your arm does not look like the correct Chinese symbol for the word "King". You sure it is?
oh i see. yea im sure. the artist was online making sure it was. and he was chinese i believe. and ive been wanting that tat since i was 13 so i made sure it was.
tongue.gif
(ima bout to be 19 btw)
are you sure?

国王 (simplefied)

is king

have a better pic of your tat?

eek.gif
i was getting worried for a second
laugh.gif
. i just remembered i put "chinese symbol for reyes". my bad i forgot. heres the site(its the first one)http://www.chinese-tools....2_reyes.html
*edit- well reyes means kings in english fam
laugh.gif
. stop the flaming
embarassed.gif

zy9d2s.jpg

so basically you didn't get "king" or "kings"....you got the pinyin equivalent of Reyes......[color= rgb(255, 51, 0)]Léi[/color] [color= rgb(0, 0, 255)]yē sī[/color]

so while phonetically it may be similar...it doesn't mean what you think it means.

Or you could've just gotten the actual character for "King"
zi00071.gif

so basically you didn't get "king" or "kings"....you got the pinyin equivalent of Reyes......Léi yē sī

Exactly what I was thinking. You would think after 6 years of wanting it...you woulda gotten it down flat. I don't think this dude realizes that languagesare DIFFERENT. You can't translate Reyes into Chinese...let alone think that the meaning behind Reyes somehow carries over to Chinese. Reyes means reyes inEnglish...it doesn't mean king. You tried juggling three languages and you ended up with "thunder" written on your arm.
roll.gif

Swing and a miss.

Mr Fongstarr wrote:

Hugo wrote:

23legacy45 wrote:

Hugo wrote:

eek.gif

It just depends on the artists. If the Koi is what you want, then find someone that is good at them and they can knock it out faster. I like I heard Cartoon and Kat can do portraits mad fast but with some other stuff, it might take them longer. You have to do the research on it. I am thinking a half sleeve would be about 4 hours work with multiple sessions....so expect like in the $700 range.

eek.gif
.. i would spend 600 the most on it. may i ask how much you got that nice tattoo on you forearm for?

I think I explained it in another post but the shop I go to, all of them charge $180 an hour but my whole forearm came to about $375 + $50 tip and it took overabout 3 hours.....so I am not sure if I got hooked up (cause it should have been about $540) or not but I did come to know a lot of those guys after goingthere about 4 times before I actually scheduled to get the tattoo. I guess it just depends on the artists cause would just throw out numbers on how he felt thetat session was.

And go to Ususgorw's site to see more.

ooo man that sucks for me. i guess im going to settle by getting my whole arm sleeved.

Fong that tat is sick its just that the placement makes it hard to see at first.

Im getting mine next month hopefully.

Good looks on the nyc artist posted ima check them out.

Back
Top Bottom