Post your TATS vol. inked for life

Originally Posted by solesavage

Originally Posted by gunnasgunnagetit

3027436101_148fb922ca.jpg

Than again, I'm a sucker for tattoos that are really long just like this.

You kjnow its bad when your tattoo needs cliff notes LOL

am I seeing things or did they spell ways "weys" ?

Originally Posted by Jillian808

How is that being ignorant?
laugh.gif
I'm Hawaiian and our tattoos have meaning. You don't just go copying someone's because you like it.

Actually i'm gonna have to disagree with you brah... i'm Hawaiian too. But my family embraces other cultures that appreciates ours.

Guys that beat up Haoles (white boy slang in Hawaii) just because he has Poly tats, crack him/her because they either are ignorant or gang members. (Tattoo art such as S.O.S)

No disrespect, and don't take this the wrong way... but imo, that's definitely an trait of ignorance. Here's some stereotypical examples: That's like black people whooping my %%* just because I listen to hip hop, or Mexicans jumping me because I dance Salsa.... ect.

American is a diverse country with all different types of Cultures, Religion and Beliefs. We're all allowed to embrace one another in such ways.

heres my first tat tho it reads "no weapon formed against me shall prosper...I shall" the script has a dagger going thru it with wings

Not sure why anyone would want a Polynesian tattoo if you aren't Poly... That guy would catch cracks if he ran into some Samoans or Tongans
laugh.gif

I never understood that way of thinking.  A person gets a polynesian tattoo probably because they really like the artwork.  Why would people feel the need to beat him up?  Those people need to find something better to do with their lives than act like the tattoo police.  I don't hear that problem with any other tattoos.  

Originally Posted by Night Marcher01

laugh.gif
I'm Hawaiian and our tattoos have meaning. You don't just go copying someone's because you like it.

Actually i'm gonna have to disagree with you brah... i'm Hawaiian too. [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]But my family embraces other cultures that appreciates ours.[/color]

Guys that beat up Haoles (white boy slang in Hawaii) just because he has Poly tats, crack him/her because they either are ignorant or gang members. (Tattoo art such as S.O.S)

No disrespect, and don't take this the wrong way... but imo, that's definitely an trait of ignorance. Here's some stereotypical examples: That's like black people whooping my %%* just because I listen to hip hop, or Mexicans jumping me because I dance Salsa.... ect.

American is a diverse country with all different types of Cultures, Religion and Beliefs. We're all allowed to embrace one another in such ways.
Thanks for clearing that up for me and your blessing. and yea i think i am going to do exactly that print it out and bring it to him. thanks for all the help god bless.
smokin.gif

laugh.gif
Here's some stereotypical examples: That's like black people whooping my %%* just because I listen to hip hop, or Mexicans jumping me because I dance Salsa.... ect.
indifferent.gif
. Moron, we didn't start Salsa.  And you sound the most ignorant comparing music and dance to only black and mexicans.  The poly tattoos is something only people of that culture should get...If you're gonna make analogies at least make ones that make sense and pertain to the subject.  I dare you to get aztec gang tattoos and see how far you get being that you're not of Mexican descent.

Not sure why anyone would want a Polynesian tattoo if you aren't Poly... That guy would catch cracks if he ran into some Samoans or Tongans
laugh.gif

So with that logic everyone who isnt Chinese and has a Chinese symbol should catch cracks from Asians?

Originally Posted by shogun

laugh.gif

I never understood that way of thinking.  A person gets a polynesian tattoo probably because they really like the artwork.  Why would people feel the need to beat him up?  Those people need to find something better to do with their lives than act like the tattoo police.  I don't hear that problem with any other tattoos.  
Because all of the "white" people that go to Hawaii and steal the culture or just go get drunk and surf and don't respect the locals.  Think about how white people stole all of that surf culture.  You see all of this Quicksilver, Hurley, etc. with all of this Hawaiian print, aloha lifestyle stuff but they rarely show love to the island people.  When was the last time you saw a local boy on one of their ads? Sure they always have some "Eddie would go" type stuff, but thats it. A lot of the non-polynesian people getting the polynesian tattoos get the ink on them without really understanding the culture or showing it respect.   That is the part that makes people angry. 

Originally Posted by UnbornSeed

laugh.gif
Here's some stereotypical examples: That's like black people whooping my %%* just because I listen to hip hop, or Mexicans jumping me because I dance Salsa.... ect.
indifferent.gif
. Moron, we didn't start Salsa.  And you sound the most ignorant comparing music and dance to only black and mexicans.  The poly tattoos is something only people of that culture should get...If you're gonna make analogies at least make ones that make sense and pertain to the subject.  I dare you to get aztec gang tattoos and see how far you get being that you're not of Mexican descent.
laugh.gif
Exactly it started in Cuba b. You made yourself sound mad ignorant.

Although I feel anyone could get any tattoo, you will not be seen highly with the tattoo of another culture, especially by that culture.

laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
if thats true why would everyone having Japanese of Asian tats be disrespectful then? If you learned the meaning and like it or want to be reminded of the symbolic representation i say get it.

Originally Posted by xJoRDaNHeaD

laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif

Although I feel anyone could get any tattoo, you will not be seen highly with the tattoo of another culture, especially by that culture.

Yall can shut up now! I said stereotypes idiots. In case yall didn't know. Stereotypes aren't necessarily true.

You really think some random French dude that comes and visits America for the first time, and goes to a club and sees people that dance Salsa, he's gonna know their Cuban?

Word? Cubans are the most populated culture in American now? Like I said, read and shut up!

And yes, ever seen "White man can't jump"? Remember when Billy played Jimmy Hendrix and Sidney got all mad just because he wasn't "allowed" to hear Jimmy?

Yeah, in case you didn't now, that movies was pretty much based on stereotypes... example.... hmmmm... MAYBE THE TITLE?
laugh.gif

Same thing goes on in reality, one of my good friends (white) got beat up on Tupac's birthday because he wore a Tupac shirt.
we didn't start Salsa
The poly tattoos is something only people of that culture should get
Oh word? by that first statement I quoted, it seems that you are Mexican. So how the hell you gonna tell me that only people of my kind should only get the tattoos? Please explain! I'd love to hear it, since you sound confident about my family and culture.
roll.gif
!$@!!!!!
I dare you to get aztec gang tattoos and see how far you get being that you're not of Mexican descent.
laugh.gif
Reality check for you kid. People actually have Aztec tattoos... and believe it, nobody is getting beat up, no one is getting upset... except you, the ignorant one.
smile.gif

Good day, Sir.

Originally Posted by georgehimself

Originally Posted by shogun

laugh.gif

Because all of the "white" people that go to Hawaii and steal the culture or just go get drunk and surf and don't respect the locals.  Think about how white people stole all of that surf culture.  You see all of this Quicksilver, Hurley, etc. with all of this Hawaiian print, aloha lifestyle stuff but they rarely show love to the island people.  When was the last time you saw a local boy on one of their ads? Sure they always have some "Eddie would go" type stuff, but thats it. A lot of the non-polynesian people getting the polynesian tattoos get the ink on them without really understanding the culture or showing it respect.   That is the part that makes people angry. 
That's still no excuse to beat up the people with the tattoos.  That makes them look bad too.  People are allowed to tattoo whatever they want on their body.  

yall are ruining this thread... let dude get a tatt of what he wants. its his life... sound like a chick telling him... oh u will get beat up in my hood... shut up and save yourself some time....

have 2 side pieces but looking to get a half sleeve in Sac area, anybody know of any good artists?

prob be mostly black and grey.

laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif

Yall can shut up now! I said stereotypes idiots. In case yall didn't know. Stereotypes aren't necessarily true.

You really think some random French dude that comes and visits America for the first time, and goes to a club and sees people that dance Salsa, he's gonna know their Cuban?

Word? Cubans are the most populated culture in American now? Like I said, read and shut up!

And yes, ever seen "White man can't jump"? Remember when Billy played Jimmy Hendrix and Sidney got all mad just because he wasn't "allowed" to hear Jimmy?

Yeah, in case you didn't now, that movies was pretty much based on stereotypes... example.... hmmmm... MAYBE THE TITLE?
laugh.gif

Same thing goes on in reality, one of my good friends (white) got beat up on Tupac's birthday because he wore a Tupac shirt.
we didn't start Salsa
Oh word? by that first statement I quoted, it seems that you are Mexican. So how the hell you gonna tell me that only people of my kind should only get the tattoos? Please explain! I'd love to hear it, since you sound confident about my family and culture.
roll.gif
!$@!!!!!
I dare you to get aztec gang tattoos and see how far you get being that you're not of Mexican descent.
laugh.gif
Reality check for you kid. People actually have Aztec tattoos... and believe it, nobody is getting beat up, no one is getting upset... except you, the ignorant one.
smile.gif

Good day, Sir.

Hope you feel better but you're still a moron because stereotypes are usually negatively geared toward a certain culture not by a dance, genius....you're trying to justify your stupidity...your examples are ******ed and hold no water. Its like saying flips getting mad because I got a koi fish.

And show me a non-latino person with an Aztec tattoo, Kakiel

how would you know if a person was a latino or not by looking at them...??

also, with your logic, a puerto rican, cuban, dominican, etc. should not have aztec tattoos even tho they are latinos because they are not descendants of aztecs.

Antwuan is in fact that dude 
smokin.gif
. And I don't know if it's worthy of a beating, but I gotta agree that it is disrespectful to get a cultural tattoo and not care about that culture. Not saying you have to be a part of that culture, but just getting it cause it looks cool and not knowing or giving a *#+$ about what it means to those who you have taken this idea from is just lame. I do understand that some borrow certain aspects and do have their own meaning, but I see a lot of dudes recently with cultural tats who know absolutely nothing about what is embedded in their body.

laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

we didn't start Salsa
roll.gif
!$@!!!!!
laugh.gif
smile.gif

Good day, Sir.

Hope you feel better but you're still a moron because stereotypes are usually negatively geared toward a certain culture not by a dance, genius....you're trying to justify your stupidity...your examples are ******ed and hold no water. Its like saying flips getting mad because I got a koi fish.

And show me a non-latino person with an Aztec tattoo, Kakiel

Talk about being stupid....
laugh.gif
Flips? as in an derogatory word for Filipino? And word? Koi fish was originated from them? Talking about eating your own words.

I like how you use non-LATINO now, and not Mexican.
laugh.gif
Shut up dude! You are still a lame that gets mad because people are allowed to get tattoos.

Quit acting hard on the computer, you know damn well if someone showed you his/her new tattoo and it happens to be Aztec and they are not Mexican you would not do a damn thing!

So go ahead and continue getting upset at a few examples. Everyone else knew what I meant idiot. We talking about people embracing art in general. Art... ART.... ART... not no damn gang symbol. Get the hell outta here my dude.

Back
Top Bottom