Post Your Top 5 Coaches in the NBA Right Now

Phil Jackson- You can't really argue this.
Greg Popovich.- Once again, he make this team come together with the pieces they have.
Rick Adelman- No T-mac? No problem.
Stan Van Gundy- Made the Magic stars again.
Larry Brown- Goes to show what a difference coaching can make. Great strides were made for his 1st year. Go cats.

Jerry Sloan and Mike Brown should at least get honorable mentions.

Originally Posted by starbury03

Phil Jackson- You can't really argue this.
Greg Popovich.- Once again, he make this team come together with the pieces they have.
Rick Adelman- No T-mac? No problem.
Stan Van Gundy- Made the Magic stars again.
Larry Brown- Goes to show what a difference coaching can make. Great strides were made for his 1st year. Go cats.

No Jerry Sloan?

smh.gif
Jerry Sloan>* imo.

Pop
Phil
Jerry

Those are the best coaches in the league.. I dont really care to name 2 more

Yeah i think Jerry Sloan for sure should be on it and like the other guy said Mike Brown should be like 6th

Originally Posted by DsLee559

Jerry Sloan and Mike Brown should at least get honorable mentions.
Sloan should be on my list. But he still hasn't done much more then usual. He is consistent though, i'll give him that.

Mike Brown isn't on my list because I feel that the Cavaliers=LeBron. He makes just as many important decisions as Brown. I feel that if Brown didn'thave LeBron he would suffer Doc Riveritis. Which is no great players on his team= no success.

Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc

Mike Brown is not a coach, hes a slurper

732355b441fe70706f61b423ffd1f25a8e8c9bc.gif

Mike Brown has taught LeBron and the Cavaliers DEFENSE. You don't take a bunch of nobodies & a 22 year old to the Finals without defense.

Mike Brown isn't on my list because I feel that the Cavaliers=LeBron. I feel makes just as many important decisions as his Brown does. And it wouldn't matter if he wasn't coaching. I feel that if hedidn't have LeBron on his team he would suffer Doc Riveritis. Which is no great players= no success.

Yet, Phil Jackson is on the list....
laugh.gif
Your credibility = SHOT

Phil had Kobe all those years, yet couldn't make it past PHX. Not an indictment on PJ, just saying don't slight Brown at all.

Phil
Pop
Sloan
Larry Brown
And my sleeper, B Scott. The guy got Jersey to the finals back to back and has New Orleans as at least a contender. He learned from Magic and Riles, put inwork in Sacremento and has done well in his two coaching stints. I think the guy is good, he just needs a little more money in New Orleans to surround CP3.

Originally Posted by outacontrol music

Mike Brown has taught LeBron and the Cavaliers DEFENSE. You don't take a bunch of nobodies & a 22 year old to the Finals without defense.

Mike Brown isn't on my list because I feel that the Cavaliers=LeBron. I feel makes just as many important decisions as his Brown does. And it wouldn't matter if he wasn't coaching. I feel that if hedidn't have LeBron on his team he would suffer Doc Riveritis. Which is no great players= no success.

laugh.gif
Your credibility = SHOT

Phil had Kobe all those years, yet couldn't make it past PHX. Not an indictment on PJ, just saying don't slight Brown at all.

Oh salty Cavs fans.

You wanna to talk about Phil? Phil?! C'mon dawg,we're talking about phil here. And you wanna preach Mike Brown like that?
roll.gif

Brown hasn't won a championship.

Brown hasn't even won one a single finals game.

Brown would be 7th on my list. No doubt. But let's just say he's VERY lucky to have LeBron.

Originally Posted by starbury03

Originally Posted by outacontrol music

laugh.gif
Your credibility = SHOT

Oh salty Cavs fans.

You wanna to talk about Phil? Phil?! C'mon dawg, we're talking about phil here. And you wanna preach Mike Brown like that?
roll.gif

Brown hasn't won a championship.

Brown hasn't even won one a single finals game.

Brown would be 7th on my list. No doubt. But let's just say he's VERY lucky to have LeBron.

And Stan Van Gundy has?
laugh.gif

Does Rick Adelman have any rings?

You wanna to talk about Phil? Phil?! C'mon dawg, we're talking about phil here.

As I already said, no indictment against Phil, but don't pull the "He has a superstar" card...c'mon man...we talkin about Phil? Phil?!

Jackson
Pop
Van Gundy
Adelman
Sloan

And just to put this out there. I think Don Nelson is still a VERY good coach.

there's no "Right Now"... when it comes to coaches, the list does not change from year to year.

1. Phil Jackson
2. Greg Popovich
3. Jerry Sloan
4. Stan Van Gundy
5. Rick Adelman

LOL at Mike Brown, that's a joke right?
laugh.gif

Stan Van, Rick, they do good with talent, how was Rick Adelman when the Kings got most of their current squad? Stan Van hasn't been too good in thePlayoffs, only reason I don't care as much for either of them. Good coaches when given talent, but can't get much done without them. I praise coacheswho do the most with least.

-Phil Jackson
-Jerry Sloan
-Gregg Popovich
-Mike D'Antoni
-Stan Van Gundy?

I'm forgetting people.

LeBron runs that team not Mike Brown, I remember them saying on a game when the Cavs were playing that LeBron tells the coaches to sit down, and this yearhe's delegated more of the responsibilities to his assistants so what exactly is he doing that makes him worthy of cracking the top 5? LeBron would makeany average coach look better than he is.

If you don't have Pop, Phil, and Sloan in the Top 3 spots in some order, you're wrong...

Mike Brown isn't a bad basketball coach, but he's not one of the league's best... He's solid.

My dude said Stan Van Gundy...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
He sucks. Rick Adelman does too, in my opinion...

For my money...

1a) Pop
1b) Phil
3) Jerry Sloan
4) Larry Brown
5) Mike D'Antoni

I know people @*@@ on Mike D for Phoenix's inability to play any sort of defense over the years, but they show Mike the door, bring in a guy that isthought of as a real defensive minded coach, make several personnel changes, and them dudes still couldn't guard a chair...
laugh.gif
His teams won't evershut people down because of the way he coaches offense, but I don't think that inherently makes him a miserable defensive coach...

Back
Top Bottom