Post Your Top 5 Coaches in the NBA Right Now

Originally Posted by starbury03

Originally Posted by outacontrol music

Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc

Mike Brown is not a coach, hes a slurper

732355b441fe70706f61b423ffd1f25a8e8c9bc.gif

Mike Brown has taught LeBron and the Cavaliers DEFENSE. You don't take a bunch of nobodies & a 22 year old to the Finals without defense.

Mike Brown isn't on my list because I feel that the Cavaliers=LeBron. I feel makes just as many important decisions as his Brown does. And it wouldn't matter if he wasn't coaching. I feel that if hedidn't have LeBron on his team he would suffer Doc Riveritis. Which is no great players= no success.

Yet, Phil Jackson is on the list....
laugh.gif
Your credibility = SHOT

Phil had Kobe all those years, yet couldn't make it past PHX. Not an indictment on PJ, just saying don't slight Brown at all.
Oh salty Cavs fans.

You wanna to talk about Phil? Phil?! C'mon dawg, we're talking about phil here. And you wanna preach Mike Brown like that?
roll.gif

Brown hasn't won a championship.

Brown hasn't even won one a single finals game.

Brown would be 7th on my list. No doubt. But let's just say he's VERY lucky to have LeBron.

So Phil wins titles without MJ/Scotty and Shaq/Kobe huh... $%*@% Sloan Pop L.Brown Aldeman Phil But this year's C.O.Y. is Mike Brown..... period

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

there's no "Right Now"... when it comes to coaches, the list does not change from year to year.

1. Phil Jackson
2. Greg Popovich
3. Jerry Sloan
4. Stan Van Gundy
5. Rick Adelman

LOL at Mike Brown, that's a joke right?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Exile On Ivy St

Can someone please explain to me why Larry Brown is on anyone's list when his team's 9 games under .500 in a conference full of cupcakes? That doesn't make any sense. The Bobcats are NOT playing well this season, I'm sorry but you don't get credit for a "turn around" without also breaking the .500 mark with a team that's easily capable of doing just that.

I'm not arguing that at one point he was a good coach, but that was a long time ago.

Also, after game 6 Phil Jackson can seat himself comfortably at the #2 position behind Pop. Could you ever fathom Popovich allowing his team to completely give up and lose by 40 in the deciding game? I don't think so.

Still, I'm willing to give Jackson the benefit of the doubt and suspect that he's a great coach, even though his best coaching jobs seem to only occur when he has the clear-cut, most dominant player on the planet on his squad. Again, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, but once, just ONCE, it'd be awesome if the legend himself could actually will his team to, umm . . . overachieve? I know, crazy thought, but it's something I need to see before he gets that automatic slot above Auerbach.
Every time I think I read the dumbest post ever on NT, someone else comes along..........

I mean, do you even watch sports? No really, do you? Have you ever seen an NBA game?

Larry Brown has turned around franchise after franchise. Does he win a title with every team? No, but he takes a team that has struggled for years, teachesthem, molds them, and makes them at WORST semi-relevant. And in 04, he was able to take a collection of guys, rather then just the best player, or best twoplayers, and teamed them to a championship. So he does at least have a ring, something not even Jerry Sloan has done.
On top of that, Charlotte has been nothing for years now, and all of a sudden, look who's in contention for a playoff spot? That's right, theCharlotte Bobcats. Lemme guess, you think that's just a random coincidence.
eyes.gif

And as for your worthless, pointless, know nothing about it anyways line about after game 6 Phil is not on Pop's level. You do remember that Phil SWEPTPop's Spurs right out the building in 01 and that Pop freely admitted, his team quit, were scared and had no clue how to beat the Lakers. You do rememberthis right?
Or maybe you remember that Phil has waxed Pop out the playoffs 4 outta 5 times in the playoffs this decade. That's right, 4 out of 5.
Or maybe you would like to see Pop win back to back titles just ONCE to show how hard it is to pull something like that off, especially with one of the alltime greatest players and possibly two other hall of famers currently on the team, plus the fact that he had David paired with Tim to start off his coachingcareer. But since that hasn't happened, you must be forgetting that Phil hasn't just coached back to back titles, but has gone back to back to backnot once, not twice, but THREE times in his career.
And then you forgot that Phil coached two other teams to the finals and could possibly get yet ANOTHER team to the finals this year for an even DOZEN.
But yes, after a ONE GAME debacle against the Celtics in their home gym, there's NO WAY that Phil could be a better coach then Pop is there? No possiblechance right?
And as for coaching up a team, Kerr, Armstrong, Paxson, Bucheler, Fisher, Fox, Shaw, George, maybe now Vujacic, possibly Ariza, these are all players thatunder Phil have found it in themselves to play significant minutes in finals games and have not only been on the floor, but have made plays. Have done thingsto win titles. All coached by Phil. How many coaches routinely teach role players how to handle pressure like that? How many trust their role players to putthem in a position where they can take AND MAKE, the big shots?
And let's not forget the managing of the big ego's such as Dennis Rodman, the Shaq and Kobe fued, the Scottie Pippen doesn't want to play unless hegets the last shot, so Phil sits his a^^ down while Kukoc drains the game winner that Phil drew up.

Let's ignore ALL OF THESE factors, because of game 6.
tired.gif

You should never, ever, ever come into a coaching thread again and utter your garbage. Seriously. You have zero clue what you're talking about and ifyou're any kind of man you should just go back and edit your original post and leave it blank. People would learn more from that blank post then what youtyped out.
indifferent.gif

The top 4 HAVE to consist of some order of Phil, Popovich, Sloan, and Larry Brown. Like someone said earlier, this list does not change from year to year.

1. Phil
2. Popovich
3. Sloan
4. Brown
5. Adelman

I also like Mike Brown, Byron Scott, and Rick Carlisle alot...but they need to have success for a greater period of time to crack the top 5...

Phil
Pop
Nate McMillan (are people still sleeping on what he's doing in Portland?)
Sloan
LB (and it pains me to say this considering he bastardized that '04 Olympic team)
Adelman

...yes I posted 6
laugh.gif

I'm sorry outacontrol...I CAN'T take Mike Brown yet.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom