Post Your Unpopular Music Opinions

LMAO 400 Degreez sparked the No Limit movement?

you mean like the No Limit movement that happend 5 years before 400 Degreez even came out?

:rofl:

only built for cuban linx? the album that came out a year before reasonable doubt?

wouldn't expect kids not even alive when the music came out to have valid criticisms of it.

reasonable doubt wasn't critically-acclaimed when it came out

really had nothing to do with "better quality music at the time"

moreso with it being before it's time.

people called it too pop.

too commercial.

a year later, everyone in rap was TRYING to rap like jay on reasonable doubt

who ever tried to rap like juve?

i like 400 Degreez but ya'll literally sound like 14 year olds.

There was No Limit before yes, but don't act like it was at its peak of popularity with a "movement" in 1990. I will admit it had steam before 400 Degreez dropped but didn't a lot more people get into the New Orleans scene because of it? Yeah, I'm a little young to remember these things distinctively but I was alive. You'd have to be 30+ to give a vivid description of that time period so I'm hardly a kid. And a year before Reasonable Doubt drops means Cuban Linx had no influence or impact? Let alone Kool G fathering that style. You got your stance and I have mine I guess but nobody I grew up around was bumping any CM/NL **** (outside of some old Master P **** because he stayed in the Bay for a minute) until the late 90s/early 2000s and I grew up around a pretty rap oriented family. Maybe it's because I'm from Cali idk.

Quik is criminally overlooked and it def can be argued him>Dre. His body of work is great.

Last edited:
There was No Limit before yes, but don't act like it was at its peak of popularity with a "movement" in 1990. I will admit it had steam before 400 Degreez dropped but didn't a lot more people get into the New Orleans scene because of it? Yeah, I'm a little young to remember these things distinctively but I was alive. You'd have to be 30+ to give a vivid description of that time period so I'm hardly a kid. And a year before Reasonable Doubt drops means Cuban Linx had no influence or impact? Let alone Kool G fathering that style. You got your stance and I have mine I guess but nobody I grew up around was bumping any CM/NL **** (outside of some old Master P **** because he stayed in the Bay for a minute) until the late 90s/early 2000s and I grew up around a pretty rap oriented family. Maybe it's because I'm from Cali idk.

Quik is criminally overlooked and it def can be argued him>Dre. His body of work is great.

dude no limit was the move since bout it dropped. u must live in new york

dude no limit was the move since bout it dropped. u must live in new york

Guess I was too young at the time just basing it off what my cousins and their friends were knocking since they put me on everything during that time. CA born and raised.

Last edited:
so was i right or was i right?

(about the age)

no limit blew up with bout it bout it.

by the time cash money really starting popping outside of it's region, no limit was on like it's 5th movie.

To say that only built for cuban linx or kool g rap fathered reasonable doubt is your dislike of jay z talking.

again, when reasonable doubt dropped, it wasn't critically acclaimed because people said it felt TOO COMMERCIAL....it was too shiny.....too pop.......

by 97-98 you had mase and puffy dancing in foil suits with 10,000 lights behind them

so, again, reasonable doubt was clearly ahead of it's time.

as far as all the other music that came out in 96.....i personally hold 96 as the best year rap ever had, and STILL, in 2014, reasonable doubt CLEARLY stands by itself, even with those other classic albums from 96.

your cousins was too busy bumping that mac dre.

nothing wrong with that

just don't take the tone of authority when you make claims about history, when the people who actually lived through it are telling you the contrary.

i was in 6th grade when bout it bout it dropped,

400 degreez didn't drop until i was going from 9th to 10th grade.

i like 400 degreez and you're not completely out of bounds as far as it's influence,

you just can't put it up against titans like reasonable doubt.

even if you don't like the album

lol @ DJ Quik...........

It had nothing to do with Jay hate, he's in my top 5. Certain things came out before RD that I felt influenced it, that is all. And I was talking from what I was raised around, not taking a "tone of authority" :lol:

I really don't get the Quik hate though.

When Master P's Ghetto D album dropped they took off. That was like a year before 400 Degreez. It's not that far off but No Limit was already making big moves before CM.

When Master P's Ghetto D album dropped they took off. That was like a year before 400 Degreez. It's not that far off but No Limit was already making big moves before CM.
That no limit wave back in the late 90's was nothing to **** with.  Snoop even knew that was the right spot to flourish after Pac passed.

Guess I was too young at the time just basing it off what my cousins and their friends were knocking since they put me on everything during that time. CA born and raised.

Yeah bro. you def was too young to remember. I was in the 7th grade around 96-97. i was born and raised in missisppi. you prolly know nothing about master p ice cream man. No limit records put a stamp on hiphop that southern rap is here and its here to stay. No limit paved the way for cash money records.

nah plan.

and quik is literally only held in high regard the further west you go.

i liked hearts of men.

LMAO

(about the age)

by the time cash money really starting popping outside of it's region, no limit was on like it's 5th movie.

To say that only built for cuban linx or kool g rap fathered reasonable doubt is your dislike of jay z talking.

again, when reasonable doubt dropped, it wasn't critically acclaimed because people said it felt TOO COMMERCIAL....it was too shiny.....too pop.......

by 97-98 you had mase and puffy dancing in foil suits with 10,000 lights behind them

as far as all the other music that came out in 96.....i personally hold 96 as the best year rap ever had, and STILL, in 2014, reasonable doubt CLEARLY stands by itself, even with those other classic albums from 96.

nothing wrong with that

just don't take the tone of authority when you make claims about history, when the people who actually lived through it are telling you the contrary.

i like 400 degreez and you're not completely out of bounds as far as it's influence,

lol @ DJ Quik...........

Even in 2014 RD stands by itself? To who? Because ATLiens, All Eyez on Me, and 7 Day Theory definitely came out in 96

Channel Orange wasn't that great of an album.

What?!?! I thought it was a great album, could have been better but I think its his best project. Then again I'm Frank ocean Stan so I may be biased :frown:
Frank is a great songwriter and has interesting subject matter. He's not really a great singer though...Channel Orange was good but I never considered it one of the best albums of its year or the modern day classic that people label it to be.

(about the age)

nothing wrong with that

lol @ DJ Quik...........

Even in 2014 RD stands by itself? To who? Because ATLiens, All Eyez on Me, and 7 Day Theory definitely came out in 96
U know how them jay stans be
Can't tell em nothing bout their hero
He can do no wrong
Even though musically he has been for the last decade

He can do no wrong

and that has what to do with an album that came out in 96?

you mad about the past decade and we're talking about 1996.

like, yall be so eager to call someone a stan who's blind to their "hero"

Reasonable Doubt ***** on all three of those albums, lyrically.

again, i regard 96 as the best year in hip hop history.

like, you named all eyez on me, my favorite pac album

but

It Was Written
The Score
Ridin Dirty
Ice Cream Man
Ironman
The Coming
Muddy Waters
Firing Squad

all came out that same year, as well

so while you trynna contradict me with all eyez on me and ATLiens

there were better albums than those LMAO

and AT THE END OF THE DAY

Reasonable Doubt stands alone from all of those albums.

what, does time gotta come in here and agree with me for yall to get it?

:rofl: @ "to who?" lmaoooooooooo to ears.

but

It Was Written
The Score
Ridin Dirty
Ice Cream Man
Ironman
The Coming
Muddy Waters
Firing Squad

:lol: Okay buddy

He can do no wrong

but

It Was Written
The Score
Ridin Dirty
Ice Cream Man
Ironman
The Coming
Muddy Waters
Firing Squad

Bleek that u??? :nerd:

Back
Top Bottom