post your unpopular pop culture opinions VOL..JIMMIES WILL BE RUSTLED

Status
Not open for further replies.
can you name any other painters that Hov hasn't name dropped in a song?
no disrespect, but people are so quick to **** on an artist when they know nothing of the art

the hype angle is acceptable, but you could reduce any dead artist to purely hype
like saying BIG was an average rapper who only put out 2 albums, but then he got killed and now he's the GOAT
acid drug paintings? I don't even know what that means but
i wonder how you would describe the Beatles music, and if u think drugs reduce credibility / talent

and sckid20,

Photography isn't art?
Do you consider films to be art?

Fam, I'm 30 plus...

Hova isn't the go to point for arts and fashion, the last duo before the hood knows about it...

Biggie smalls was ahead of time, and most likely the hardest grimey street rapper ever...especially for his age...

He is NOT the goat..

Every hip hop head in NYC can agree with that...

70s/80s ABSTRACT art is similar to acid art...

Google and compare for yourself..

He wasn't the first person doing Graf in Soho either

Overrated and hot garbage...

And while I'm at it Keith Haring is a fraud and wasn't and still not respected in the real Graf world..

Word to Fat Joe and the whole TATS cru....

Leech

I think everybody should look at their DooDoo after it's released floating in the toilet like a submarine..lol. Also, at times, I sometimes think girls don't poop.. It just doesn't seem lady like.. Lol

Last edited:
and sckid20,

Photography isn't art?
Do you consider films to be art?

Dont get me wrong..i respect photography and photogaphers.
Ive done old school film photography and its great working in the dark room. I think ansel adams is a genious.
But

If u make a painting..u start with a blank canvas unless its a landscape or something. When u take a picture half the work is done.
Ive been to many "art" museums and rarely did i see photographs unless it was a traveling exhibit.
Most people i know can easily name 10 artists....wen people name photographers its usually the same 3.
Im not dissing photography tho..its just photography for me.
The profound feeling u get from a photo is from the moment.
With art its much more.

Of course this is my opinion and i do think film is art because again each shot is created.
Film editing is EXTREMELY underrated. Wen u look at a photo or painting you decide how long u look at it. When u look at a film shot the editor decides.

Ok thasit

And while I'm at it Keith Haring is a fraud and wasn't and still not respected in the real Graf world..

Like a Jay-Z song, the "real graf world" is not the ultimate barometer for artistic value.

We both know that world is full of bitterness anyway.

Kevin Hart is funny, maybe not on stage, but his interviews and unscripted stuff is funny.

Kevin Hart is funny, maybe not on stage, but his interviews and unscripted stuff is funny.

I said something similar in the thread for the Real Husbands of Hollywood tv show

I can understand if you aren't a fan of his stool humping/really animated type of stand up but to say he isn't funny at all is kind of ridiculous.

His stand up is cool but I think he's funnier outside of it...some interviews,his earlier videos/vlogs on youtube,that Conan sketch etc...

Jamie Foxx is overrated and a mediocre actor. He got an oscar by doing an impersonation for 2 hours, not to say it wasn't a good one. Go back and watch some of his dramatic movies and he is basically just playing himself but with slower delivery.

oh and the attitude era ruined wrestling !!

]Jamie Foxx is overrated and a mediocre actor. He got an oscar by doing an impersonation for 2 hours, not to say it wasn't a good one. Go back and watch some of his dramatic movies and he is basically just playing himself but with slower delivery.

oh and the attitude era ruined wrestling !!
View media item 636418

Last edited:
Will Ferell's movies are generally not that good.
He is really funny though when he isn't doing a script or SNL

Fam, I'm 30 plus...

Hova isn't the go to point for arts and fashion, the last duo before the hood knows about it...

Biggie smalls was ahead of time, and most likely the hardest grimey street rapper ever...especially for his age...

He is NOT the goat..

Every hip hop head in NYC can agree with that...

70s/80s ABSTRACT art is similar to acid art...

Google and compare for yourself..

He wasn't the first person doing Graf in Soho either

Overrated and hot garbage...

Word to Fat Joe and the whole TATS cru....

Leech
laugh.gif

as much as i hate to use the term, that statement screams toy my friend.

if you want to talk about REAL graff, dont bring up tats. they only do legal walls. Bio is cool peeps doe.

if one of his big roles caught flack, i thought it'd be Django
So, you didn't like Ray. I thought he was awesome, but I'm not gunna tryn and convince you

what about Collateral? He was good in that
comedic roles like in Horrible Bosses? He stole the show!
played that staff sergeant in Jarhead, Bundini in Ali!

So, not only solid performances but he shows range, too

-J. Coles music ducks for the most part
-Meek Mill doesn't make good music at all
-Ab-Souls music sucks
-Yeezus was a good album, it'll eventually grow on people..a lot of folks aren't used to hearing the rap limits pushed with beats such as 'on sight' (I'm not even a Ye fan)
-Tupac is a weak rapper, nor in my top 10
Boston might be the most overrated city in the country
-Parks and Rec is not funny...at all
-South Park isn't funny
-Pineapple Express wad not funny
-Seth Rogens voice in the movie pissed me off through the whole thing

This isn't the confessions thread.

When you guys call these artist overrated so you actually listen to there music?

MadTV was consistently funnier longer in it's run than SNL, which is pretty funny since SNL has been on for nearly 40 years.
SNL is soooooooooooo corny. I never understood how people can watch that show religiously.

They have like one funny skit per month. Not even an episode. Just a skit. It's turrrrble Kenny.

This isn't the confessions thread.

When you guys call these artist overrated so you actually listen to there music?

You can't give a fair assessment of an artists' music without actually listening to it, whether that artist stinks, is good, or in between. Otherwise, that person just sounds like a blind hater.

Victoria Justice is a 10/10

She poops on anyone posted in the draya, latina, black, asian, and white women threads

281zlac.jpg

Save your pedo,little boy body comments for someone who cares

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom