POST YOUR WATCHES vol. ?

Bros, my grandma just have me this out of nowhere...lol

Any info on it?

That is gorgeous.

I'm looking to pull the trigger on a Junghans Max Bill Automatic, love the vintage, yet modern feel alined with the minimalist design.

Advice is much appreciated man. Since the weather is getting better I'm gonna see my jeweler (didn't buy the Rolex from him though, bought it in the Netherlands) soon anyway to replace my croc strap with the bracelet.
Jeweler has a history (family owned business) dating back to 1899 and he does a lot of things for free so he'll definitely check this out for me. Dude has like 5 degrees or something ridiculous like that too.

That is good, those mom and pops with a good rep are always better over those small kiosks at the mall. It's also good if you already have history with them, you are assured they'll treat you right and won't gouge you on prices.

Keep us updated on what you find out and best of luck.

That is good, those mom and pops with a good rep are always better over those small kiosks at the mall. It's also good if you already have history with them, you are assured they'll treat you right and won't gouge you on prices.

Keep us updated on what you find out and best of luck.
Very nice guy after the initial awkward moment. Since I only turned 19 last month the first time I handed him the watch to take off the bracelet and buy a croc strap he gave me the blank stare and asked "Is this watch yours?"

He switches bracelets etc. for free since it's less than a minute of work so he'll check this out no problem. If he does charge it'll be pocket change.

Last edited:
Last watch I bought was an Automatic Dive Master 500 from Victorinox Love it, and I wear it daily. Has a nice exhibition caseback, aswell. Looking for another now, although I'm really not sure what it will be.

My eyes keep wandering in the directions of things I can't afford (URWERK *droooooool).

http://www.urwerk.com/

I'm still looking for a much less expensive alternative with similar design traits watch to buy.

My current daily, as mentioned before. Love love love this watch. Nice weight to it, aswell. Got it at a steal. Retail is about $1,200, but I paid $400 for it.

Last edited:
Picked up this Sottomarin Italiano Esploratore for $20 shipped (after $10 coupon)

Pros:
-Cheap
-Bracelet
-Sapphire Crystal
-Standard lugs - takes natos and various straps
-Looks great for the price
-Bracelet allows for micro-adjustment
-Comes in a nice box/case

Negs:
-Quartz movement (Japanese movement though)
-Second hands don't hit the minute marking
-Small date window
-Only 30M of water resistance
-Slow shipping (but free)
-Came with 2 minor scratches on the bezel (but stated on the description)

All in all great watch for $20, blows a timex weekender out of the water and cheaper. Great summer watch that takes natos plus the explorer design is classic.

http://precisiontimeco.com/sm50110-hx
http://precisiontimeco.com/sm50110-gx

Usually don't buy "fashion" watches, but i wanted something cheap and wanted to get my trinidad james on:

NIXOUA145V1.jpg

IMG20130519122124.jpg

For $130, i'm pretty damn happy with it. It's got a nice weight to it and the lume is good. Found out 42mm actually works pretty well for my wrist even though I was convinced i'd be stuck with 38mm. Only thing i dislike is the bad plating job around the bezel (you can see it in the second pic).

edit: imgur doesn't like me

Last edited:
RFX that IWC is really something. One of my favorite brands and that model is :smokin.

@ miggy 7 - Hamilton's are great, when considering the value/price. Personally I'm not a fan of their designs, but out of the two I'd go for the second one. They're well built, great everyday watches.

Back
Top Bottom