POST YOUR WATCHES vol. ?

Are omega watches any good? Pops is giving me his.

They make good watches. Price is inflated for what you get like Rolex but both maintain their value for the popular models and have a ton of history. I wouldn't consider either to be the top of the class though with Patek and AP out there. Just make sure you get the watch service or at least cleaned every 3-5 years for maintenance if you have an auto or manual wind.

Any recommendations for a watch around the $1-1.3k range?

I am planning on getting it for my brother for his wedding this coming July.

Only thing that struck my eye was the Hamilton Jazzmaster Maestro. Not sure what type of style is this..pilot?

Looks more like the IWC Portuguese, especially the white version.

Some brands to look @ are: Hamilton, Tissot, Mido, Certina, Frederique Constant, Oris, Stowa, Laco, Longines, Sinn, Damasko, Rado

Take a look @ your local Tourneau or equivalent and take a look at that particular Hamilton Chrono as some of the Hamilton chronos I saw where quite thick.

Quick question do all/most automatic watches after a while make slight noises with swift/sudden hand movements, could be it winding but noticed it got louder over time, I got my Hamilton serviced cause it felt like something was loose in there and the noise went away but after a few weeks seems like the noise is starting to creep back slowly, I have put this watch through a lot doe and it's been banged up like Kobe but still keeps the time good. Anyone with more expensive automatics that's banged them up and wore them a lot care to share their noise if any? :nerd:

yo, i'm looking for a casual luxury looking watch. I really like the way Daniel Wellington watches loook (http://www.danielwellington.com/us/classic-st-andrews), hows the quality on their watches? I'm looking to spend around 200-300 for a watch. Not looking for a metal wristband, something leather and semi formal looking. Any advice? Thanks.

I would get the Orient Bambino off creationwatches which is on sale at $130. Not only is it $100 cheaper than the DW, it also comes with an automatic movement and made from a company that have been in the watch game for a long time. Plus the reviews have been highly favorable with both the watch and fashion enthusiasts on the web. Based on the specs of the DW, I cannot recommend the DW over the Bambino soley on price. I think Bulova makes a nice quartz alternative as well for around $100 on Amazon. At the end of the day, buy what you want and what you are willing to wear. Good luck.

My og got a new rolex explorer 2 , so he gave me his old omega seamaster ...big upgrade from my michael kors watch.

My og got a new rolex explorer 2 , so he gave me his old omega seamaster ...big upgrade from my michael kors watch.

Great looking watch brah. You need to get a hamilton khaki king to compliment it or a chrono.

I am thinking about purchasing this Hublot off someone, the hub4100 model.

I will meet him at the flagship Hublot store...But what do you guys think?

How much? I think Hublots are garbage personally. If they didn't have the celebrity endorsers that they do, no one would be checking for them.

Haven't bought a new piece in ages.

Still either going to be the 2 tone Root Beer Rolex GMT or the Silver IWC Portuguese Chrono with the Blue accents.

Both of which I probably mentioned like 50 pages ago :lol:

How much? I think Hublots are garbage personally. If they didn't have the celebrity endorsers that they do, no one would be checking for them.

2 stacks

$2000? Just did a quick search on some Hublot on watchrecon and that seems a bit low for that particular brand. Are those the owners pics because I would expect someone who owns that type of watch to have a decent camera to take some high quality pictures. Go ask for some high res pics first that are tagged with the date of the watch with close ups of the dial, movement, case, screws, and crown (all tag of course). Take the pics and go to a rep watch forum and ask them to do a legit check on the watch before you meet the buyer with the cash. If the seller refuses, the deal is fugazzi. Also note some of these fakes are pretty good and can fool some experts.

$2000? Just did a quick search on some Hublot on watchrecon and that seems a bit low for that particular brand. Are those the owners pics because I would expect someone who owns that type of watch to have a decent camera to take some high quality pictures. Go ask for some high res pics first that are tagged with the date of the watch with close ups of the dial, movement, case, screws, and crown (all tag of course). Take the pics and go to a rep watch forum and ask them to do a legit check on the watch before you meet the buyer with the cash. If the seller refuses, the deal is fugazzi. Also note some of these fakes are pretty good and can fool some experts.

He said he has the receipt and paperwork. We meeting at the Hublot flagship store today.

He said he has the receipt and paperwork. We meeting at the Hublot flagship store today.
yeah meeting at the flagship store is a smart idea, hopefully they have someone there that can actually objectively evaluate the authenticity of the watch, but be very careful, I am a watch lover and consider myself decently informed of the subject but far from an expert and every time I stop by a flagship store or a high-end jewelery store (not a watch boutique they are usually well informed) and I question the employee's they many times are unknowledgeable on specific interstices of the timepiece and I feel like I have superior knowledge to any of them just from the small amount of info i get from reading on the net and the watch forums.

for example I stopped by the Omega flagship store and was looking around, when the employee engaged me, I asked him, a fairly easy question I believe to test his knowledge, about the bracelets width and the type of movement and the employee did not know the width of the bracelet and told me an incorrect answer concerning the movement, when I corrected him on his errors he consulted with two employees they both did not know the answer and one of them walked over to the phone and began to call someone, I presumed to get the answer, and then returned with the correct information, it took sometime too, it was kind of funny I think 

my experience at the Breitling flagship was slightly better as the employee's were very knowledgeable as to the specs of the watch but again were very unknowledgeable as to the movements

I have been in the Hublot flagship but I just looked around and did not talk to anyone, as I am not a fan of the brand personally, but they do have some nice pieces

good luck with your meet up and hopefully they can help you at the store, keep us updated

Last edited:
Is Swiss Precimax a good watch?

From what I read from WUS and the bloated MSRP price of their watches on Amazon, looks like another fashion watch with the same M.O. as Invicta or Sturhling Original. Don't trust the MSRP of these watches, they are fake and what you see on Amazon is their actual street price like Invicta and Sturhling watches on Amazon. In short, buy the watch if you like the design but don't pay more than $100 for it as their are better watches for the money like watches from Citizen, Seiko, Casio Edifice, Timex, and Bulova Precision Line. Also look at the dial of the watch, the brand is called "Swiss Percimax" but I have yet to see it have a Swiss Made on the dial meaning that the movement is the only Swiss part in the watch.

Appreciate that man. I see this one on sale for $54 dropped down from a MSRP of $825 so I knew it seemed too good to be true. I do like the design though but if it's fake then I'll pass...

Appreciate that man. I see this one on sale for $54 dropped down from a MSRP of $825 so I knew it seemed too good to be true. I do like the design though but if it's fake then I'll pass...

It sounds like you liked the watch prior to knowing about fake MSRP. It's pretty cheap @ $54, I wouldn't hesitate to buy it especially since you like the design. Nothing wrong with the watch, could do much worse like buying one of the overpriced J. Crew Timex watches or the Daniel Wellington watches.

Oh ok, I misread. Thought you said the watch itself was fake. Might go ahead and pull the trigger then, especially for that price.

Back
Top Bottom