POST YOUR WATCHES vol. ?

Can anyone identify this watch for me?

picked up one of these Sinn 556i

Nice pick up and a quality one at that. I have one on my wish list after comparing it to the 856 (non-UTC) which I was mostly interested in the Tegiment Tech but the Ar-Dehumidfying Tech sounds like a pain in the *** as the watch needs to be sent back to Germany to get the Gas Refilled anytime you need to open up the watch. Would be interested in seeing what else you got in your collection.

Nice pick up and a quality one at that. I have one on my wish list after comparing it to the 856 (non-UTC) which I was mostly interested in the Tegiment Tech but the Ar-Dehumidfying Tech sounds like a pain in the *** as the watch needs to be sent back to Germany to get the Gas Refilled anytime you need to open up the watch. Would be interested in seeing what else you got in your collection.
nothing mind blowing. just some simple tool watches.

lazy to take pics so ima use other peoples pics.

sinn 556i

laco munster

seiko skx007 on a isofrane

seiko skx009 on a super oyster

up next though, im leaning toward a Sinn U1, but a Seiko MM300 is in contention.

Last edited:
Thoughts on the seiko 5 series ?

Short Answer:

-- They are great for the money and blow Fashion branded watches out of the water not named Citizen, Orient, Bulova, Casio, or Timex.

In Regards to the Company Itself:
-- Seiko is one of the best watch manufacturers in the world.
-- They offer watches at every price point but also have watches that compete and blow the much beloved Rolex, Omega, Tags in terms of fit and finish, quality movements, quality components, and technology. Heck Tag uses a modified Seiko movement.

Long Answer:
(+) Affordable - usually under $100 - $200
(+) Wildly available on the web and can be seen in most malls or watch retailers
(+) Great intro to Automatic/Mechanical watches
(+) Usually exhibition caseback
(+) Day & Date Indicator
(+) Decent Water Resistant
(+) Durable with proven in-house movements
(+) Quality Control is top notch
(-) Non-hacking or hand-winding movement - needs to be worn to keep on ticking (common with most brands at this price point)
(-) Usually lack Sapphire Crystal (common at this price point)
(-) Undecorated movement
(-) Usually strap or bracelet is crap (common with most brands at this price point)
(-) Needs to be serviced if you want it to last for a long, long time (but should be cheap to replace or serviced)
(-) Not accurate compared to a quartz watch (might need to be regulated but competent watch maker can do it or you can do it yourself)

Hope that answers your question.

Last edited:

Short Answer:

-- They are great for the money and blow Fashion branded watches out of the water not named Citizen, Orient, Bulova, Casio, or Timex.

In Regards to the Company Itself:
-- Seiko is one of the best watch manufacturers in the world.
-- They offer watches at every price point but also have watches that compete and blow the much beloved Rolex, Omega, Tags in terms of fit and finish, quality movements, quality components, and technology. Heck Tag uses a modified Seiko movement.

Long Answer:
(+) Affordable - usually under $100 - $200
(+) Wildly available on the web and can be seen in most malls or watch retailers
(+) Great intro to Automatic/Mechanical watches
(+) Usually exhibition caseback
(+) Day & Date Indicator
(+) Decent Water Resistant
(+) Durable with proven in-house movements
(+) Quality Control is top notch
(-) Non-hacking or hand-winding movement - needs to be worn to keep on ticking (common with most brands at this price point)
(-) Usually lack Sapphire Crystal (common at this price point)
(-) Undecorated movement
(-) Usually strap or bracelet is crap (common with most brands at this price point)
(-) Needs to be serviced if you want it to last for a long, long time (but should be cheap to replace or serviced)
(-) Not accurate compared to a quartz watch (might need to be regulated but competent watch maker can do it or you can do it yourself)

Hope that answers your question.

Thank you for that info, everything looks good only true concern I have is around accuracy but hey I guess you can't ask for to much for roughly $150

Accuracy is always a concern for automatic/mechanical watches. A $20 quartz timex can be more and more likely accurate than $10k non cosc certified watch.

People buy mechanical watches for the movement itself and its intricacies and it's sweeping second hand. Otherwise there would be no reason to buy a automatic over a quartz if accuracy is a concern. And unless your life or job depends on knowing the exact time to the second, the 15-30s per day deviation of the seiko 5 should be fine for you. If the watch is running 5-10mins fast per day, you should worry.

If accuracy is your concern citizen and gshock offer atomic watches which sync the time for you. The bulova precionist line offers a sweeping seconds hand via a quartz movement albeit the cost of the fast battery drainage.

Last edited:
Nothing amazing, but placed an order for the Timex Weekender.

Never really wore watches, but I'm kinda excited for this one. Ordered a bunch of straps as well.

Never really wore watches, but I'm kinda excited for this one. Ordered a bunch of straps as well.

Great intro piece for anyone. My recommendation is to get a spring bar tool if you don't already own one to change into some nice leather straps when you want to dress it up. You got to try an automatic next.

Great intro piece for anyone. My recommendation is to get a spring bar tool if you don't already own one to change into some nice leather straps when you want to dress it up. You got to try an automatic next.
He shouldn't need the spring bar tool, the straps should be interchangeable.

I wish Rolex would release this C/W...

I think the YMII is the most beautiful Rolex ever made. In fact, I personally feel like it's the only Rolex that exists :lol:

The Gold & Blue is just perfect to me. But this black :smokin :x

How much? I think Hublots are garbage personally. If they didn't have the celebrity endorsers that they do, no one would be checking for them.

I wholly agree. Never been a fan of Hublots, I always felt like they were just overhyped.

He shouldn't need the spring bar tool, the straps should be interchangeable.

Natos, no tool. Leather band/straps that are not natos, you need a spring bar tool.
I stand corrected. Also, I am currently wearing this Tag as my daily. Any strap ideas?

Depends brah, are the lugs integrated or not? If not measure the lug width (distance between the lugs) to get the size. Crown and Buckle makes decent straps for a good price. Also can't go wrong with a nice silicone strap as well.

Thanks.

I probably won't need the bar tool for these tho cause I plan on only using NATO straps.

I might pick up a cheap sub in the future, then I'll get it.

Can someone recommend a site where I can look at luxury watches. I know about jomashop but are there any others. Or would someone recommend a place to go I live in NYC but I also won't be paying tourneau prices.

Looking for either a rolex or an AP

^^^

Authenticwatches.com

I window shop at Tourneau but buy grey market.

You can probably float around the diamond district as well as browse watches. More room to negotiate there than Tourneau.

Back
Top Bottom