POWER THREAD (Sun., Starz)

Season was meh

I'm disappointed they didn't do anything with the cigarette angle

I could go on and on, but I'm not on pins and needles for S4

Damn I forgot they completely dropped that cigarette ****
laugh.gif
It could have been forgotten once Tommy told Ghost Milan knew he following him and found his warehouse.

Ghost will be back on the streets by s4e2, all he has to do is threaten to tie Angie up in the Lobos murder.

Ghost will be back on the streets by s4e2, all he has to do is threaten to tie Angie up in the Lobos murder.

Angie trespassed a crime scene and obtained evidence that can't be used in court. She didn't get a warrant for ghosts arrest. She ****** up once again, just like she did with the sketch. Ghost will be out in no time and will have a vengeance against Angie. Angie will never get that Ghost pipe again. She doesn't deserve it after what she pulled. She might as well smash Saxe.

You peeped the paparatsi flashing pics of ghost? It's gonna be in the NY daily news. Tariq and Kanan gonna catch wind of it and then Tariq is gonna gain respeck for his pops again. But it will be too late.

Dre will be smashing Karen on Ghosts table while he's locked up, but Ghost is gonna come back and give Karen that REAL PIPE. Dre is a Youngblood and his stamina ain't up to par. Ghost gonna give Karen the wild back shots, grabbing her hair and all that, dre is gonna catch wind of this, get jealous, and turn in Ghost. They gonna battle for the bunz

Last edited:
It was way too predictable that he'd get arrested in the club. Once Angie went snooping in Greg's apartment, we knew what time it was.

I have a feeling Petar (that's his name, right?) was just trying to overtake Milan's syndicate, and will turn on Tommy swiftly.

`

Mind explaining this cigarette thing...

Apparently Milan was illegally importing these specific cigarettes that him and all his men were smoking. I guess Ghost was gonna try to get that info to his dude that worked on the federal side of things (same dude that busted the douchebag nightclub owners across the street) and get Milan out of the picture somehow. Never seemed like a solid plan to me though.

It could have been forgotten once Tommy told Ghost Milan knew he following him and found his warehouse.

True, could have been. Just seemed kinda weird how they spent so much time on it only to end it so quickly

Apparently Milan was illegally importing these specific cigarettes that him and all his men were smoking. I guess Ghost was gonna try to get that info to his dude that worked on the federal side of things (same dude that busted the douchebag nightclub owners across the street) and get Milan out of the picture somehow. Never seemed like a solid plan to me though.
True, could have been. Just seemed kinda weird how they spent so much time on it only to end it so quickly
Cause it was a garbage season 
roll.gif

I have a feeling Petar (that's his name, right?) was just trying to overtake Milan's syndicate, and will turn on Tommy swiftly.

Why? I would think with Milan gone Tommy and Ghost can go their way, and the Serbs go theirs. "Relationship" over.

Angie trespassed a crime scene and obtained evidence that can't be used in court. She didn't get a warrant for ghosts arrest. She ****** up once again, just like she did with the sketch. Ghost will be out in no time and will have a vengeance against Angie. Angie will never get that Ghost pipe again. She doesn't deserve it after what she pulled. She might as well smash Saxe.

You peeped the paparatsi flashing pics of ghost? It's gonna be in the NY daily news. Tariq and Kanan gonna catch wind of it and then Tariq is gonna gain respeck for his pops again. But it will be too late.

Dre will be smashing Karen on Ghosts table while he's locked up, but Ghost is gonna come back and give Karen that REAL PIPE. Dre is a Youngblood and his stamina ain't up to par. Ghost gonna give Karen the wild back shots, grabbing her hair and all that, few is gonna catch wind of this, get jealous, and turn in Ghost. They gonna battle for the bunz

Ladies & Gents we found our writer for season 5

View media item 2178394

I ain't gonna lie though. Juicebox was looking real right this episode. Them braids :pimp:

I like that ruffneck look

They really went the scorned woman "I have to arrest him in the middle of his big night at the club" route huh :rolleyes Pissed me off

What plot holes did TNO have? Breaking Bad, The Wire, Sopranos, Mr. Robot, Top Boy, Luther, Misfits (first few seasons). Plenty of shows fit the bill.

We're not talking about nitpicking how Omar survived a jump off the top floor of a building (though the real omar said it really happened). This isn't one of those arguments about how you want the audience to believe Neo dodged all those bullets in the matrix. It's not even a conversation about reality of WW being a teacher turned meth cook. This is about how sloppy the writing was this season.

As a TV watcher, I don't believe that the FBI wouldn't brush for fingerprints, wouldn't contain the crime scene, and how all these people are held at gun point with no one noticing. I don't like how they killed Knox either. As "smart" as Knox was written this season...why would he expose Sandoval alone in his house? Everything was just written conveniently to end the season.

The biggest joke is Angela arresting him. Like she's not on the hook for the past year of Ghost's and Tommy's run. 

But, hey, if that dumbed down television is what you like...to each his own.
[The Night of Spoilers below]

Wait, so you did watch The Night Of? Great, then let's discuss.

First off, Chandra kissed Nasir because she was hurting from a breakup. Then she smuggled drugs into prison for him to take to take the stand. So that meets your subjective bar of realism? If you thought that was also suspect as hell then I guess you're being consistent...but I feel like certain people like to throw shade at shows like Power but they turn a blind eye to shows like Night Of.

At the end of the day, all shows can be perceived as unlikely or improbable. I never took Power that seriously and always gave it credit because it was entertaining... it's like calling out Drake for not really living his lyrics or having a tough upbringing....as you can tell by his starpower, almost no one cares that he grew up rich. 

Some people, believe it or not, watch TV and listen to music to get entertained. Did you watch the Martian and criticize some of the measurements or physics were off? Did you watch Interstellar and just SMH the entire time? One of the shows you referenced and an undeniable classic, Breaking Bad, ended with a remote controlled machine gun installed in the back of a car going off and killing an entire group of villains. Lol. 

Again, no shade, just trying to understand where you draw your imaginary line for realism.

Last edited:
Shorty talking after the finale like Power is the Citizen Kane of TV dramas blew mine. Her head is bloated as hell
She is definitely her biggest fan.

She can't speak about Power without having a HUGE grin on her face like "yea this is all me"

She's always like

"in scene 4, the mirrors are there to signify Ghost not liking what he sees, but being unable to escape...."  

"in scene 8-the Club Scene, we chose yellow and green lights to signify Ghost's pause on Drugs, and then him being pulled back in the drug game"  

"in the final scene, we chose Trumpets and Symbols for the music to signify Tashas undying love for....."

Batch please.

Last edited:
Ghost stay beasting off this basic chick. Now he is locked up[emoji]128514[/emoji] Some of the complaints in this thread....some dudes on NY have an issue with everything smh..... "hey the weather is beautiful." "Nah B, the sun is too bright today, last year was better"

[The Night of Spoilers below]

Wait, so you did watch The Night Of? Great, then let's discuss.

First off, Chandra kissed Nasir because she was hurting from a breakup. Then she smuggled drugs into prison for him to take to take the stand. So that meets your subjective bar of realism? If you thought that was also suspect as hell then I guess you're being consistent...but I feel like certain people like to throw shade at shows like Power but they turn a blind eye to shows like Night Of.

At the end of the day, all shows can be perceived as unlikely or improbable. I never took Power that seriously and always gave it credit because it was entertaining... it's like calling out Drake for not really living his lyrics or having a tough upbringing....as you can tell by his starpower, almost no one cares that he grew up rich. 

Some people, believe it or not, watch TV and listen to music to get entertained. Did you watch the Martian and criticize some of the measurements or physics were off? Did you watch Interstellar and just SMH the entire time? One of the shows you referenced and an undeniable classic, Breaking Bad, ended with a remote controlled machine gun installed in the back of a car going off and killing an entire group of villains. Lol. 

Again, no shade, just trying to understand where you draw your imaginary line for realism.

It's been documented that female lawyers have kissed and done worse with inmates they've defended. So yes, that was a real dynamic.

Your Breaking bad argument doesn't apply because the writing was awesome. Youre missing the point.

I stated before that this wasn't a convo about the reality of the show. Ghost was believable. My favorite restaurant is owned by the Mexican mafia and they pretty much own pricey real estate in expensive zip codes (clubs, plazas, restaurants).

The writing was Basura and that's the conversation.

Edit: Nolan made sure that instellar was theoretically plausible, which it was.

Last edited:
I'm lookin forward to a violent next season with Ghost in prison now. It took them too long to blow Milan's head off. Why Dre hasn't tried to blow kanaans brains out is beyond me. He only has strength when he's told to put work in. I thought he was a "Shooter"?

Back
Top Bottom