POWER THREAD (Sun., Starz)

Im thinkin he went out like that to cover the loose ends and him saying he’s at his end now. And maybe she thinks this may be a way for the feds to pin it all on him

Power is going to Power

The FBI tried to blame Marvin after the way they treated Gerald :rofl:

Famous mom is as dumb as he is :rofl:

and I'm confused how this solves their problem, but I guess that was for the pressing for Marvin to take the fall and her thinking he was going to snitch.
Finds a gun in her son’s room and the first instinct is to turn it in to the police :rofl: what a doofus

This sound like Joey Bada$$ wanted to move on then had second thoughts, this wasn't the OG finale. They already had a season 4 w/o Niq.

Obviously, we have to talk about the last scene. Unique (Joey Bada$$) is alive! I was completely shocked when I watched the episode. What was the cast’s reaction to this major twist?

People were pretty stunned. We hit the ball pretty well, to be honest, so I think people were pretty shocked. It was definitely a dramatic moment because he doesn't have any dialogue, it's just he shows up. So Joey just popped up on [the screen], because we do the table reads on Zoom. You always know when you hit it because the cast just starts applauding and shaking their heads, and we had a lot of that, which was super gratifying.

I talked to Joey (Bada$$), and he shared his take on how the conversation went down with you when he realized he just couldn’t leave Unique behind quite yet. How did that conversation go for you, and what went into bringing Unique back to life?

Definitely as soon as he said he wanted to be back, I wanted him back. There's no question. But I can't lie, we had already written the scripts, so it was not an insignificant adjustment that needed to take place. I had said to Joey early on when he said that he was done, "Look, I have to be honest, this type of role, this type of opportunity, can happen once in a lifetime." And that's not me patting myself and the other writers on the show on the back. He took this thing and turned it into something iconic. That doesn't always happen for an actor. I felt like, wow, to walk away from this is tough. And you know what, I wasn't the only one who had that conversation with him. 50 [Cent] also spoke to him about it, and ultimately, Joey figured it out, and we were all able to accommodate it and I think the show was far, far, far better for it.

Were there a lot of changes you had to make to the script, or was it more thinking about that finale and how that was going to go down and what the right way was to have Unique back?

Frankly, the end of the season was completely reconstructed. Let me put it to you this way: it was not an insignificant amount of work. It was not and it required a complete re-imagining of the engine of — not just season 3, but also season 4. In some ways, the biggest impact has been on season 4.

What does season 4 Unique look like?

As you can imagine, the original version of season 4 did not have Unique in it, and now Unique is a huge presence in it. And also, without giving too much away, there's a portion of season 4 that actually explains how Unique survived and helps the audience to understand that journey as well. Because we felt strongly that we didn't just want this to be some sort of bulls--- Deus Ex Machina type thing where miraculously he survives and we never understand how it happened.

One of the things that is super important to us on this show is, frankly, how much we do respect this audience. I think that they know this show and this world, in some ways, better than any of us do.

Iesha looks older than my aunt and they got her playing a teenager :lol: That park bench scene and close up, reflected her age.

I thought it was just me. It was obvious when she was talking to Juke with the close up. Unless she just got that DeAndre Ayton face and looked 40 at 16. She should be hollering at Raq.

So I guess Crystal is pregnant with Sean?

Back
Top Bottom