Powerful, Inspiring Pictures vol. 2009

Originally Posted by solematic j21

When Hoover Truman decided to drop the atomic bomb, it was so powerful that once its force spread it was so hot that some peoples shadows stood on the wall.

Originally Posted by ctdaprince

Originally Posted by Agthekid

Man get Elvis' racist/stealing @%+ outta this thread.
i kno i was feeling the same way he stole alot of his music and style from black artists

yall need to quit with the Elvis hating, can't think of another music artist that was more influential to the rock and roll movement.

Originally Posted by TrueshotAura

Originally Posted by Crank Lucas

Originally Posted by Illuztrious

Originally Posted by p0tat0 5alad

emmitt.jpg
is there a story behind this pic

Are you serious?
I am 100% sure this is a young Martin Luther King Jr. and on his left is his mother Alberta Williams King. They are both getting ready to go to church.
so wrong yet you said that with so much confidence
roll.gif
roll.gif

roll.gif
emmett till i believe

Originally Posted by That guy Max

retro23phan wrote:

can someone give me the info on this pic? i always see this pop up in these types of threads but never knew the story behind it.

best selling national geographic image of all time. then and now pic of the same woman.

mmusffoo.jpg

The 1951 University of San Francisco football team is often called the greatest collection of college football heroes ever to play together.The team went all season undefeated, no ties.

Despite its success, it did not receive an invitation to play a postseason bowl game, usually a sure bet for a team with such an unblemishedrecord.

In 1951 the USF Dons were one of only a handful of football teams in the nation with African-American players. Only if they left behind theirAfrican-American teammates, Ollie Matson and Burt ToIer, would they be invited to play in a bowl game. For the Dons, the decision was easy: everyone goes ornobody goes. And so the team came to be known as "undefeated, untied, and uninvited."

Toler, described as the best all-around member of the '51 team, broke the color barrier in his own way. A knee injury dashed his chancesat a pro career, but he became the first African-American NFL game official, working for 25 seasons.

After winning silver and bronze medals in track at the 1952 Olympics, Matson had a pro football career and ended up in the NFL Hall of Fame,as did USF teammates Bob St. Clair and Gino Marchetti.

Members of the team reunited at a recent 50th anniversary celebration; more than 400 people came together to remember the team that washeroic for more than its record on the football field.

Originally Posted by newbery158

Originally Posted by Crank Lucas

Originally Posted by Illuztrious

Originally Posted by p0tat0 5alad

emmitt.jpg
is there a story behind this pic

Are you serious?
I am 100% sure this is a young Martin Luther King Jr. and on his left is his mother Alberta Williams King. They are both getting ready to go to church.
so wrong yet you said that with so much confidence
roll.gif
roll.gif

roll.gif
emmett till i believe
eek.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
at dude above.

But yeah, that is Emmett and his mother.

Originally Posted by JDocs

Can anyone explain the science behind the shadow being left on the wall? That seems fishy to me, a shadow is just the absence of light. How could that image be 'burned' onto the wall? I'm referring to the little girl skipping, the crouching person makes more sense.

Im not much of a science guy but its like when a women catches a sun tan and she takes her braw off, you can see the lines that were covered by the braw. Soits like the little girl was in front of the wall while the heat was coming towards her way. It was said that when the bomb explode it was about 5,000 degrees.

Can anyone explain the science behind the shadow being left on the wall? That seems fishy to me, a shadow is just the absence of light. How could that image be 'burned' onto the wall? I'm referring to the little girl skipping, the crouching person makes more sense.

ATOMIC SHADOW - In a few seconds after an atomic bomb goes off the area around it is bathed in intense heat rays streaming out from the detonation point. Tempsof objects hit by the rays can climb to 1,000 degrees or more. This causes wood to char to black while old, dirty concrete can be "bleached" white.If any object blocks the heat rays for those few seconds a portion of the surface is spared and does not change color leaving a "shadow."....

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_happened_in_Japan_when_the_atomic_bombs_exploded

+1

please explain because if thats true......WOW!

Wow just began reading a little about thich quang duc. Carzy how someone would burn their own self for others
ohwell.gif

Dont have time to post pictures but two inspiring ones too me would be Ernie Davis holding the heisman and O.J Brigance getting the game ball from Ed Reed

Originally Posted by de PHX Jose

Wow just began reading a little about thich quang duc. Carzy how someone would burn their own self for others
ohwell.gif

The guy didn't make a sound while he was on fire. An American journalist stated that he was calm and concentrated....

Back
Top Bottom