PRACTICING Christians and Catholics: What's your thought on SEASONAL church-goers?

Diego, you're known to be a non-religious NTer, stay away
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by damnTHOSEjs

so to avoid any confusion again with some non-religious NTers...

PRACTICING Christians and Catholics: What's your thought on SEASONAL church-goers?

Trust me, that WONT keep the anti-christs out of this thread...'cause you already know what they say--"Haters gon' hate"...
ohwell.gif

I don't mind.

Better late (or every now and then) than never.

I always get hype for Easter Sunday because I hope that my preacher says something that will really tug at people's heart instead of just giving the regular Easter spiel.

i Got Palm Sunday, Ash Wednesday, all 4 weeks of Advent and Xmas Morning. thats the minimum that me and my family does. usually theres more in between Xmas and Easter

Originally Posted by MusicalExcellence

how are u judging folks?

this is ridiculous man... ur making religion look bad...
laugh.gif
how though? by reminding their obligations as a member of ____ religion? in my case I'm catholic.

please tell me attending 4 out of the 52 weeks in a year is disgusting.

now that looks bad doesn't it?
church aint no obligation... thats ur problem right there... faith is all one must have...

u r bugging... u prolly had really religious parents that made u go to church every week and they told u God didnt like for people to miss church or some dumb *#+! like that now ur grown and confused thinking going to church makes u holy...
laugh.gif

what an idiot...

I have to agree with Time.

While it is important to attend service, it is just as important to have faith.

Works without faith is dead...

how are u judging folks?

laugh.gif
how though? by reminding their obligations as a member of ____ religion? in my case I'm catholic.

church aint no obligation... thats ur problem right there... faith is all one must have...

u r bugging... u prolly had really religious parents that made u go to church every week and they told u God didnt like for people to miss church or some dumb *#+! like that now ur grown and confused thinking going to church makes u holy...
laugh.gif

what an idiot...
May I ask you what do you practice? Maybe your church does not require you to visit your church every week.

and also,
smh.gif
let's not bring in the family here. stepping way overrrr the line sir.
I thought religious people are suppose to be accepting of others?

I've touched on this on one of my replies...I implied:

I'd be glad to see a packed church every week, not 3-5x a year.

Also, where in this thread did I say it makes you holier if you go to church every week?
laugh.gif
like damn, everyone's trying to put that argument where there's no basis for that.

I think most of you people are confusing me with those hardcore idiots  you see on the news. Sorry man, not me. Don't confuse me with those ones.

smh.gif
smh.gif
@ you OP

I'm a practicing, religious Muslim. I try to go to the mosque everyday for the 5 daily prayers. We usually have around 10 - 20 people that attend the mosque on a daily basis. Fridays are our congregation day and we get about 300 people that attend. We have 2 major holidays throughout the year and we have thousands of people show up for those holidays. Personally, I'm happy when I see thousands of people taking their mornings off to attend the prayer. Would I like to see more of my brothers and sisters attend on a regular basis? Of course. However, I don't know what everyone's situation is. They could be trying with all their heart to make the effort to attend but could have something standing in their way. Who am I to give someone the sideways smirk or stoneface when they come to the mosque to worship their God? We don't have a monopoly on God OP so let's stop with the judgmental "good for nothing except taking my parking spot" attitude. If you sincerely want to see more people attend the weekly service, go around and talk to the congregation on an individual basis after Easter or Christmas service and give them SINCERE advice. I guarantee that this will get you more results than just complaining about "seasonal" worshippers.

Originally Posted by M1dnightMobster

I don't mind.

Better late (or every now and then) than never.

I always get hype for Easter Sunday because I hope that my preacher says something that will really tug at people's heart instead of just giving the regular Easter spiel.
this.

Originally Posted by Wooly Willy

smh.gif
smh.gif
@ you OP

I'm a practicing, religious Muslim. I try to go to the mosque everyday for the 5 daily prayers. We usually have around 10 - 20 people that attend the mosque on a daily basis. Fridays are our congregation day and we get about 300 people that attend. We have 2 major holidays throughout the year and we have thousands of people show up for those holidays. Personally, I'm happy when I see thousands of people taking their mornings off to attend the prayer. Would I like to see more of my brothers and sisters attend on a regular basis? Of course. However, I don't know what everyone's situation is. They could be trying with all their heart to make the effort to attend but could have something standing in their way. Who am I to give someone the sideways smirk or stoneface when they come to the mosque to worship their God? We don't have a monopoly on God OP so let's stop with the judgmental "good for nothing except taking my parking spot" attitude. If you sincerely want to see more people attend the weekly service, go around and talk to the congregation on an individual basis after Easter or Christmas service and give them SINCERE advice. I guarantee that this will get you more results than just complaining about "seasonal" worshippers.
Sorry man, but our faith is really different.

though you came up with some good points, I've already touched upon those points already.

Thanks for your input.

how are u judging folks?

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

what an idiot...
May I ask you what do you practice? Maybe your church does not require you to visit your church every week.

and also,
smh.gif

Also, where in this thread did I say it makes you holier if you go to church every week?
laugh.gif
like damn, everyone's trying to put that argument where there's no basis for that.

I think most of you people are confusing me with those hardcore idiots  you see on the news. Sorry man, not me. Don't confuse me with those ones.

i think people are getting that because you think you have the right to judge people who do not go to your church every week like yourself. you say its a catholic thing, but what percentage of the catholic population is it that don't go every week without fail? it's not hard to estimate that it is a large majority.

I don't mind at all. I do wish there was some sort of "reserve your seat" type of program for Christmas and Easter. I don't mind the crowded parking and walking, just don't want to have to stand during the whole mass.

how are u judging folks?

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

what an idiot...

and also,
smh.gif

laugh.gif

im baptist...no matter what type of christian u are church attendance is not mandatory... have u ever read the bible or do u just go to church?

u make it seem like a cult... like if u miss a week u get stoned by the congregation or somethin...

u probably arent an extremist... just a confused idiot like i said before

i think people are getting that because you think you have the right to judge people who do not go to your church every week like yourself.

- Judge where though? I think people here just have that "This MFer is saying I'm going to hell because I don't go to church and he's going to heaven because he goes every week" mentality.

I'm fine with people thinking like that though. If they're really practicing their faith, they should know themselves what they're doing wrong and what to do to correct it.

you say its a catholic thing, but what percentage of the catholic population is it that don't go every week without fail?

- sorry but you're just asking some ridiculous question. I'm going to start counting next week though, just for you.

but let me tell you this though: I was born and raised in a mostly Catholic nation where people practiced most of the time (if not all the time). Maybe I just have a different meaning of what "practicing" means.

im baptist...no matter what type of christian u are church attendance is not mandatory... have u ever read the bible or do u just go to church?

ahh, now I understand.

feel free to read: http://catholicism.about....orship/f/Sunday_Duty.htm

smh.gif
smh.gif
@ you OP

though you came up with some good points, I've already touched upon those points already.

Thanks for your input.

What do you mean by your faith is different OP?
Faith is faith. 

Religion won't save you. GOD will.

smh.gif
smh.gif
@ you OP

Thanks for your input.
Other than the main theological disagreements between Islam and Christianity (We don't believe Jesus was God, God is one and there is no trinity, we believe the Bible was corrupted and the Qur'an is the final word of God, etc), what's so different between our faiths? We Muslims worship the same God as you (the Father, not Jesus). We Muslims are commanded to attend service every week as you are. Praying in congregation is preferred above praying solo in both faiths (from what I understand from the link you provided). God is the ONLY one the who forgives sins and salvation is attained through Him in both faiths. Other than the technical nuts and bolts, Islam and Catholicism (Christianity in general) share the same spirit, the same message of forgiveness and the same message of salvation through God.

I'm not trying to offend OP but it seems like you're just trying to look for loopholes to escape. Like I said before, you should take the initiative yourself and call the people to attend congregation. Make an effort. Go door to door and let the people know how important it is to attend weekly service. Shaking your head and getting in that "holier than thou" mindset never accomplishes anything except fragmentation.

Originally Posted by 23Adam23

As a "practicing" christian or catholic, shouldn't you be happy more people are attending the service, even if it's only seasonally?

Why the negativity towards your fellow man?

Lets be positive

That's like skipping  class the whole term and expecting to pass the exam in the end.

catch my drift now?

I'm a sinner myself, but I do make it a point to do my obligation as a Catholic to give an hour of my time to thank God every week.

You don't have to go to church to give thanks. It helps to be in attendance with others to do it communally, but it's not a requirement.

Originally Posted by balloonoboy

You're approaching this wrong, OP. I know your intentions are good, but see it as them having Jesus on their mind, even if it is for a two-hour service.

Everyone is at a different step in their walk with christ.

I really doubt it, maybe its just so that they dont look bad in front of their neighbors? theres no reason to pretend to be something youre not.

That's like skipping  class the whole term and expecting to pass the exam in the end.

/thread

and I bet that 99% of church goers dont even know what this week is about, and it aint about Jesus turning into a epic rabbit which lays eggs filled with candy

I'm not trying to offend OP but it seems like you're just trying to look for loopholes to escape. Like I said before, you should take the initiative yourself and call the people to attend congregation. Make an effort. Go door to door and let the people know how important it is to attend weekly service. Shaking your head and getting in that "holier than thou" mindset never accomplishes anything except fragmentation.

Escape what? A messageboard where I posted a topic?

I've touched on your points and made comments about them before your replied to the thread sir.

As for taking initiative:  like I said on the reply (yet again before), if you're practicing a religion, you should know what you're doing wrong and what you need to do to make it right. God's calling doesn't come from people whom you go to church with, it comes from God himself (through an event, dream, etc) or from within and nothing else.

you guys are still on that Holier than thou tip. I have no more comments about that one.

Originally Posted by JoseBronx

Originally Posted by balloonoboy

You're approaching this wrong, OP. I know your intentions are good, but see it as them having Jesus on their mind, even if it is for a two-hour service.

Everyone is at a different step in their walk with christ.

I really doubt it, maybe its just so that they dont look bad in front of their neighbors? theres no reason to pretend to be something youre not.

/thread

and I bet that 99% of church goers dont even know what this week is about, and it aint about Jesus turning into a epic rabbit which lays eggs filled with candy

You really think that 99 % of church goers don't know about Jesus being crucified and then resuscitating 7 days later?
Yeahh, it's a huge secret.

You really think that 99 % of church goers don't know about Jesus being crucified and then resuscitating 7 days later?
Yeahh, it's a huge secret.

so enlighten our fellow NTers: what does it symbolize?

Back
Top Bottom