PRACTICING Christians and Catholics: What's your thought on SEASONAL church-goers?

Me and my fam didn't go to church for that same reason, because we knew the non-regulars were going to stuff the parking lot and church.
mad.gif

sorry for going off topic but why do people separate catholics and christians?

catholics are christians

people always tell me "oh i forgot you're not christian, you're catholic"

im like huh???

thats like saying "oh i forgot you're not american, you're a floridian"

no they dont, why is the easter bunny more popular the Jesus today?
laugh.gif

Wooly Willy wrote: Other than the main theological disagreements between Islam and Christianity (We don't believe Jesus was God, God is one and there is no trinity, we believe the Bible was corrupted and the Qur'an is the final word of God, etc), what's so different between our faiths? We Muslims worship the same God as you (the Father, not Jesus). We Muslims are commanded to attend service every week as you are. Praying in congregation is preferred above praying solo in both faiths (from what I understand from the link you provided). God is the ONLY one the who forgives sins and salvation is attained through Him in both faiths. Other than the technical nuts and bolts, Islam and Catholicism (Christianity in general) share the same spirit, the same message of forgiveness and the same message of salvation through God.

I'm not trying to offend OP but it seems like you're just trying to look for loopholes to escape. Like I said before, you should take the initiative yourself and call the people to attend congregation. Make an effort. Go door to door and let the people know how important it is to attend weekly service. Shaking your head and getting in that "holier than thou" mindset never accomplishes anything except fragmentation.

I honestly just learned a lot from this post
pimp.gif
no diss, but about the trinity and Jesus being God that is not all of christianity FYI

Lets discuss the idea that vicarious redemption through the horrible murder and torture of a convicted bronze-age preacher claiming to be the son of God is actually true.

that seems a much more important question.

Originally Posted by The Notorious Bum

Me and my fam didn't go to church for that same reason, because we knew the non-regulars were going to stuff the parking lot and church.
mad.gif
so whats gonna happen if all those non-regulars decide to go more often?

Originally Posted by damnTHOSEjs

You really think that 99 % of church goers don't know about Jesus being crucified and then resuscitating 7 days later?
Yeahh, it's a huge secret.

so enlighten our fellow NTers: what does it symbolize?

Bro, trust me, I know the significance of the Holy Week.
It's because of people like you that I decided to stop going to church. All you see in the catholic religion, is a bunch of self centered *%#$%$$+ who think that because they go to church every week they're going to be "saved." & believe that anyone who doesn't do so, won't. Like I said in my earlier post, religion won't save you, God will. You posted a link to an article stating that catholics must practice their faith together as a family, hence mass every week, if that's the case, name the people who you sat next to you in mass today. After attending mass regularly for over 13 years, not one person came and introduced themselves to me or my family, either as a member of the church or just as an attendee. I spoke to about five people every week (excluding the family) and it was always the same, "peace be with you." From there I would never see or talk to them again unless they happened to be sitting near me during another mass. I feel like the only reason they ask you to go to mass is to ask for money, and you won't get any love back from the church if you don't give em dough. Jesus doesn't need money. Does he?Regardless, It's frowned upon to judge people in your religion, so why not just let the people who go once or twice a year be?

Originally Posted by donpoppa

mad.gif
so whats gonna happen if all those non-regulars decide to go more often?

What if? What if? What if? What if? What if? What if?
STOP!! Thats not going to happen stop trying to spark arguments.

Instead of thinking negatively towards them, you could have said something nice like, "Hey, are you new here? Welcome to _____ ."

mad.gif

Listen to yourself. You're making church sound like the club scene.

whats the point of this thread?

to get different judgmental opinions on seasonal church goers.

like everyone said this has nothing to do with you wanting to see more people in there every week fi it was you'd be out trying to make that happen.

its you on your high horse, looking down on the seasonal church goers like you're any better. you're not.

mad.gif
You and your family didn't go to church on EASTER because of that. Jesus Christ...

I dont need Jesus to feel good about myself so i dont go. People who go to church like only on holidays to feel good about themselfs are weird.

It's their choice... but I hate the ones that force themselves to be there on holidays with a 
eyes.gif
x
sick.gif
 attitude that talk and laugh all through mass... its really annoying makes me want to
2mff8r5.gif

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

mad.gif
You and your family didn't go to church on EASTER because of that. Jesus Christ...
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

Another religious thread on NT?

Originally Posted by damnTHOSEjs

so to avoid any confusion again with some non-religious NTers...

PRACTICING Christians and Catholics: What's your thought on SEASONAL church-goers?

RIF%20Logo%20PC_287.jpg

This is a topic I was thinking about earlier today but since I don't practice Christianity, Catholicism, or any other religious denomination, I'll give more of an observation.

I'm not religious (obviously) but my mother is Christian and she NEVER attends church...EVER. She's what I like to call "a weekend Christian."

She watches the early morning sermons on BET, and thinks she's fulfilling her obligation to God, Jesus or whatever deity she thinks is watching.
eyes.gif

Most religious people like to take the moral high ground against non-believers, but how can you when you're giving a half *** effort showing up to church < 4-5 times a year.

But maybe that's just me *Kanye shrug*

My church is over 90 minutes away, I usually make it to only Christmas(Jan 5), and Easter.

Im Macedonian btw.

You guys are out of your mind with this entire concept of "Seasonal Church goers" Makes me sick

I attend church practically every Sunday and some Wednesdays and I don't have a problem with seasonal church-goers. What they do is between them and God, not them and me. I make too many mistakes to judge anyone. In the grand scheme of things I am a terrible person

If you're not an Ebionite you should be ashamed of yourselves for taking on a conqueror's religion.

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

mad.gif

Okay buddy what are you trying to prove?
My mom is currently sick she cant go into a building thats going to be WAY too stuffed with people making it hard for to breathe. Hence why we didn't go.
If it would've been a normal sunday she could go no problem so fall back

Back
Top Bottom