Predict The Next Generation Of Gaming

Originally Posted by crcballer55

Originally Posted by TheHealthInspector

Originally Posted by crcballer55

The next generation is already here in the form of mobile. Casual gaming is several times bigger than console games have ever been. If the current generation console companies want to stay relevant they will try to get a foothold in the app stores as a content distributor or something of that form. It would benefit them since they are losing money as hardware manufactures and give them access to people with the potential platform already in their possession.

except casual games as a whole arent anywhere near as successful as AAA gaming nor do they bring in as much money, for every exceptional $1 mobile app, theres probably a few hundred "failures", possibly thousands

its pretty obvious that a majority of people gaming on their phones want games and apps for less than $5 and thats not the direction that we know as "next gen gaming" is headed in

unless this wii-u happens to be more powerful or ps4/720 happen to be less powerful than we're all being led to believe, next gen will once again be sony vs microsoft while nintendo continues to operate on its own technical time table
There really aren't that many successful console games when you think about it. Maybe a dozen? 2 at most? The same is true with mobile gaming. The exception is that everyone already has a potential gaming system in their pocket with their phone or ipad. Even though games are about 1/20th of the price there is a larger potential base that they are starting from. If you want an example of the success of mobile games just look at the extraordinary success of Rovio & Zynga. Both companies have only been in existance for several years are are doing several hundred million in sales every year.

rovio and zynga are the exceptions that i mentioned, not to mention zynga is some kind of bubble of garbage

its not at all the same with mobile, we're talking thousands of apps in mobile, possibly hundreds of thousands... AAA gaming has FAR LESS competition

BEFORE/IF we are to continue this conversation, we need to establish what we're saying exactly...................

youre saying that the future is mobile WHILE im saying that the nex-gen of gaming is the 8th generation of consoles and i think that thats what the topic is about... i disagree with some of what youre saying but i dont necessarily think youre wrong

How do you guys feel about micro gaming? Cheaper/free games with in game purchases?

Originally Posted by ricky409

what about Apple.... i think they're going to make a system...

over charge for it... have it do stuff that PS3/360 does now...

and people will justify it b/c they "execute" it the best.
This, i can imagine the prices of a isystem
30t6p3b.gif

I predict; Games with better graphics, less depth, no inspiration and more online. Systems with no backward compatibility that cost more and break easier. No hard software, everything digital.

Yea, that sounds right..

Originally Posted by Tr1ll

I predict; Games with better graphics, less depth, no inspiration and more online. Systems with no backward compatibility that cost more and break easier. No hard software, everything digital.

Yea, that sounds right..

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
pretty spot on minus the digital part

hard copies arent going away any time soon, its just that ALL titles will be available digitally, less like ps3/360 and more like vita

controller free= Muerte for me
EA.  It's a matter of time before all their titles actually become a reality and take over everything we have ever known.

-UNDFT-

Stores like Gamestop will be going out of business very soon because Sony & Microsoft are adamant about putting a end to used game sales where stores like Gamestop have been making a killing for decades. This in turn will have a negative affect and make piracy more of an issue in the video game industry.

I saw a news report today on TV that Best Buy is closing 50 of their major retail stores across the United States starting this year.

As far as video games go. My biggest gripe and IMHO why games are getting old and people are losing interest real quick is because game developers like Activision, Ubisoft, and EA focused so heavily on multi player aspect of video games and don't put any effort anymore in the single player experience. Seriously name a non RPG game where you can honestly say you put more than 8 hours of great single player action. Also the same game companies that I listed above are the big time offenders of pumping out and rehashing the same game franchises every damn year with crappy Call Of Duty, Modern Warfare games, Battlefield, Madden, and Assassins Creed.

Originally Posted by MR J 858

Stores like Gamestop will be going out of business very soon because Sony & Microsoft are adamant about putting a end to used game sales where stores like Gamestop have been making a killing for decades. This in turn will have a negative affect and make piracy more of an issue in the video game industry.

I saw a news report today on TV that Best Buy is closing 50 of their major retail stores across the United States starting this year.

As far as video games go. My biggest gripe and IMHO why games are getting old and people are losing interest real quick is because game developers like Activision, Ubisoft, and EA focused so heavily on multi player aspect of video games and don't put any effort anymore in the single player experience. Seriously name a non RPG game where you can honestly say you put more than 8 hours of great single player action. Also the same game companies that I listed above are the big time offenders of pumping out and rehashing the same game franchises every damn year with crappy Call Of Duty, Modern Warfare games, Battlefield, Madden, and Assassins Creed.

Seriously, MW1 had a pretty good campain, the other 2 took about 5 hours to beat

Its only a matter of time til we start to smell what we're playing and feel what we're playing. Not sure which one will come first.

Originally Posted by BrOwNiN187

Its only a matter of time til we start to smell what we're playing and feel what we're playing. Not sure which one will come first.

son no way in hell i wanna feel a claymore or a ray lewis hit
30t6p3b.gif

Virtual Madden
laugh.gif

Would have everybody trying to relive their glory days. Gonna have dudes injuring themselves trying to juke Patrick Willis.

But..the lulz that would be had watching your friend get stole on trying to mess with somebody in GTA....
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Mr DragonFly Jones

Virtual Madden
laugh.gif

Would have everybody trying to relive their glory days. Gonna have dudes injuring themselves trying to juke Patrick Willis.

But..the lulz that would be had watching your friend get stole on trying to mess with somebody in GTA....
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by MMG

Originally Posted by BrOwNiN187

son no way in hell i wanna feel a claymore or a ray lewis hit
30t6p3b.gif

PBF134-Game_System.gif

Originally Posted by RIPyzyz

I dont think I'm going to this next generation.
ohwell.gif
For the first time I had all consoles available and I rarely played them. Had a wii for 3 years and probably played last than 3 hours. 
Wouldnt mind if the next generation is delayed for a few more years. Like a hundred.

Originally Posted by JordanJayyy7

Originally Posted by RIPyzyz

I dont think I'm going to this next generation.
ohwell.gif
For the first time I had all consoles available and I rarely played them. Had a wii for 3 years and probably played last than 3 hours. 
Wouldnt mind if the next generation is delayed for a few more years. Like a hundred.
That won't happen. People these days can't focus on one thing for that long, everyone wants the new thing even before the current thing even fades out.

Digital Distribution becomes prominent as it has been on PC
Graphic Bumps
Microsoft pushing Kinect hard
Sony keeps falling
Nintendo scores big again.

Back
Top Bottom