Prince, Passes Away at 57.

I think more people die from flu complications per year than AIDS
The flu kills thousands each year.  Jim Henson also died from the flu.  If your immune system is compromised, it can be a death sentence.  It's hard to get over quickly even when you're healthy.  I hadn't had it for over a decade, and last year it put me out for almost two weeks.  It's no joke.

I wasn't personally a huge Prince fan, though growing up in the '80s he was everywhere.  My first real exposure to him was the Batman soundtrack...and that probably contributed to my not being a huge Prince fan.  Absolutely one of the biggest influences in music of all time, though.  I play guitar, and he's one of the best guitarists I've ever seen.  His fingers don't even seem to touch the strings when you watch him play.  While My Guitar Gently Weeps from the 4:00 mark on is a good example.

RIP.

These stories :smokin
Comedian Charlie Murphy famously told this one on Chappelle’s Show. Charlie and his brother Eddie were invited to Prince’s house, where the Purple One challenged them to a game of basketball: The Murphys and their crew against Prince and his band The Revolution, decked out in their full “Purple Rain” regalia.

The five-foot-two-inch-tall singer, who played basketball in school, proceeded to dominate the Murphy brothers on the court. Later that night, he served them pancakes. Prince confirmed the gist of the story in a subsequent radio interview.

Mike Tyson: "I went back to Eddie's house and Eddie and Charlie were marveling over the fact that Prince and his guys had kicked their *** playing basketball. Prince had on his high heel shoes and he was still hitting every bucket. Swoosh. Swoosh."
Prince once asked Questlove to show up at a roller skating rink in the middle of the night:

"Prince had the briefcase out on the floor. He clicked the lock and opened it, and took out the strangest, most singu­lar pair of roller skates I had ever seen. They were clear skates that lit up, and the wheels sent a multicolored spark trail into your path."

Prince once rented a house in Los Angeles owned by NBA player Carlos Boozer and made some…alterations. Boozer’s former teammate Jay Williams told a radio station:

"Supposedly, Prince changed the front gate to the Prince sign, he changed the master bedroom to a hair salon, he changed the streaming blue waters that led to the front door to purple water, he knocked out walls, he changed the molding on top of the ceiling. Booz was livid. So pissed off, so angry … He put his Purple Rain stamp on it … Booz was like, ‘I was getting ready to go over there and beat this little man down.’ And dude was just like ‘Here, Boozer, here is a little check for about a million, it’ll take care of everything, get it back the way you want it.’ And Booz was like, ‘This little man is cool as hell.’"

These stories
smokin.gif

That Boozer story is everything LMAO!

Can't hate him. That story seems like thats exactly how he was in life

Michael Jackson didn't play all the instrument in his music or produce full songs and full albums

Prince did by himself

I really hope he didn't die from complications of AIDS

I didn't feel this way when Michael Jackson died
With prince it's like a distant family member passed

Last edited:
Michael Jackson didn't play all the instrument in his music or produce full songs and full albums

Prince did

I really hope he didn't die from complications of AIDS

I didn't feel this way when Michael Jackson died
With prince it's like a distant family member passed
I thought the question was about influence?

I think more people die from flu complications per year than AIDS
The flu kills thousands each year.  Jim Henson also died from the flu.  If your immune system is compromised, it can be a death sentence.  It's hard to get over quickly even when you're healthy.  I hadn't had it for over a decade, and last year it put me out for almost two weeks.  It's no joke.
To be fair, Henson died because he waited so long to go to a hospital. And by then it was too late.

Prince was regularly seeing a doctor for his flu. Wouldn't surprise me if that HIV story was true.

I'm sure more info will leak in the next few days.

To be fair, Henson died because he waited so long to go to a hospital. And by then it was too late.

Prince was regularly seeing a doctor for his flu. Wouldn't surprise me if that HIV story was true.

I'm sure more info will leak in the next few days.
Yeah, that's true.  It makes sense, but damn if it is true that's sad.  Especially if he quit taking his medicine like they said.

Chris Tucker directing traffic to "Do Me, Baby" in Rush Hour 3

laugh.gif

Yeah i like how now that he passed here comes these sources/people saying that "oh he was pretty sick with something" or anything along those lines but never once wanted to report anything about it before he passed.

Media Takeout just randomly happened to get a "source" close enough to a "celeb" that will out them like that. Regardless if they didnt name names if any of the xx people with a sickness they wanted kept secret that fit that description would know its somewhere from their camp possibly since the description narrows it down :smh:

Why is the automatic assumption HIV or AIDS?

Young kids have only heard about Prince in passing.

They don't know the Man with no name but just the sing.

man.. just watched purple rain the other day too.. dude was definitely a different cat..

one of the greatest musicians ever.. and I mean musician.. given the instruments and everything else he did.. one of the greatest guitarists ever

"You have to purify yourself in Lake Minnetonka"
devil.gif

dude also had Carmen Electra in her prime

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom