Prince, Passes Away at 57.

I said it before, but damn it I'm not alright with this. Too much speculation( not aimed at anyone in here) but this is how he lived his life, no one didn't know what he didn't want them to know and I respect that. It just sucks man because you have MJ people, and you have Prince people, I was a Prince person, but now we all are the same person because both Icons are gone.

frown.gif

Last edited:
called my mom to tell her the news and I really heard the shock and pain in her voice.

It kinda caught me off guard. I knew she was a fan but damn... i felt like i ruined her day. We talked for a min about it and she made me call my dad and tell him too

RIP to another legend gone to soon.

Its so weird that him, MJ, Whitney. spent 30+ years entertaining us but could not make it to 60 yrs old. You would just think they had so much more to give.

It wasn't time though, it just wasn't time. But it wasn't any of our calls but this sucks man, first Phife, now Prince. Freakin' Prince.

I'd be remiss if I didnt contribute to this medium through which I experience a great deal of emotions daily .. Horny ones in the magnificence that is the natural/ curly hair black women threads, funny ones in the fools Wildin , and sad ones in threads like this.

Prince was the embodiment of a rock star in the figurative and traditional sense. WHO do you know came into business called show, observed the rules by which everyone played and boldly through music, thought, and literally opinion expressed a sentiment that clearly said F THAT. The man was steadfast! A strategist.. An activist that stood upright against corporate behemoths in order to proudly exclaim THIS is mine ! A stance that serves as the foundation for platforms like tidal and I'm sure others to come.

At 5'3 on a good day, this charteuse chaps wearing, perm having, ascot rocking, effeminate yet masculine man could take your woman all the while rocking heels that are higher than hers.

This man played ALL instruments on his albums.. And is SELF taught. He literally defies all what is considered normal in the music business- which is reflected by his majestic , damn near evanescent aura

This one hurts .. We often regard music legends with the reverence they deserved after the fact, Prince is an exception to this.
May he rest in peace, this hurts.

Last edited:
called my mom to tell her the news and I really heard the shock and pain in her voice.

It kinda caught me off guard. I knew she was a fan but damn... i felt like i ruined her day. We talked for a min about it and she made me call my dad and tell him too

RIP to another legend gone to soon.

Its so weird that him, MJ, Whitney. spent 30+ years entertaining us but could not make it to 60 yrs old. You would just think they had so much more to give.
My mom is the same way. She is a huge Prince fan. I tried to call her and break the news to her before she heard it on the news. 

Last edited:
Mike ain't dead man :smh: he's chillin on an island somewhere

Yeah I became one of them dudes...

Don't know how legit this is, but found this on another forum, someone re-posting another post from just a few days ago:
posted april 18th:
MediaTakeOut.com just received word that a VERY popular African-American celebrity - who has recently been in the news - now has what is being described as AIDS. Obviously since we are not able to 100% confirm the story - we're going to leave it as a Blind Item. We want to make it clear we are NOT talking about Magic Johnson. This report REALLY hurt our heart. According to a person EXTREMELY CLOSE to the situation, the celebrity, who is known for having a very EXTREME sexual past reportedly contracted the illness sometime in the 1990s. He kept the illness quiet but began taking his medication RELIGIOUSLY up until about two years ago. Here's what we're told by a VERY trusted entertainment insider: "[The celebrity] believed that he was cured, and he had some crazy [religious] people who told him that God cured him. So he stopped taking his medication and the sickness came back. Now doctors say he's dying, and there is nothing anyone can do about it." We're told that the celebrity is expected to get sicker and sicker, and eventually pass. It can happen as soon as the summer. Very sad news.
This is the type of bull **** that can spread when an icon keeps his private life private :smh:

so sad man. moms took me to see Purple Rain in the theaters when it came out and i must have watched it a hundred times after that. There's even a point in any serious relationship that i've been in where i just want to watch purple rain with my girl because it really was something that much a part of me. he made me like purple  and believe in having your own style, lol. a true genius who will be missed. I really hope his name doesnt get tarnished after his death.

RIP to the legend.

I'm just sad about this man. It sucks. I didn't want to believe it at first 
frown.gif

hate they gotta have the speculation about him having AIDS

sure, we all can wonder and ask what happened, because a person his age shouldnt die from the flu he had a few days ago and got strong enough to put on a concert afterwards but when it turns into "I heard he had aids" and this and that... that's just so :smh:

Maybe this needs its own thread but

Who is the most influential, Michael Jackson, David Bowie, or Prince?

This is the type of bull **** that can spread when an icon keeps his private life private :smh:

not to add fuel to the fire

but I have a family member who well known band player in the industry and he said on facebook this morning Prince did have sickness that the public doesnt know and he wouldnt say more then that

Back
Top Bottom