Prince, Passes Away at 57.

I forgot he was on a New Girl episode until they played the clip on tv earlier.

I sort of never realized how big of an influence he was until I watched tv today and he was the top story on a lot of espn shows. Bloomberg tv and cnn also featured him in their programs today. They didn't do that stuff for David Bowie when he died.

Boston/Mass is Prince AF tonight
nthat.gif

Gov. Charlie Baker directed transportation officials to illuminate the bridge, among other landmarks, in the iconic color of the pop legend.

There really is not an album as good as purple rain imho.

Thriller....illmatic....sgt peppers....

Purple rain was so diverse.

Still sounds good today.

he prolly coulda made way more great songs too.

He likely did, supposedly there are hundreds and hundreds of songs in the vault of his

Like 60 videos and a few movies too.

If he only played guitar he woulda still been legendary.

That last 4 min of purple rain.

Masterful. My kid watched the end of Purple Rain with me and she was stuck to the tv while he was playing before running off stage.

This one of my favorites though.

Gets lit at about 3:30.

When he leans back off the stage and somebody pushes him back up >>>>>>>

This one is different...cuz wen mike and Whitney died they were goin thru sum **** so it wasnt really THAT shocking.

terrible still.

But this one hasnt quite sunk in yet.

Like i almost disregard all the posts i see on social media.

But damb.

I mean hes gonna live 4eva like a jedi or sumthin but damb.

Its like music....or sound...lost a big piece of funk and soul that cannot be replaced.

He was like a once in a lifetime cat.

Last edited:
yeah, Mike and Whitney had some public demons

I remember just a few months ago typing on here something like "Prince can't die, silly"

has there been any straight man to be feminine like this and get sooo much poon?

seriously, i think this dude set the trend for being comfortable being you, this dude made it possible for men to be sensitive and also be sex symbols.

his influence will forever be felt, his mark on music is set in stone.

Rick James was pretty damn androgynous, too. And we all know about Rick. :lol:

Rick wasn't really as effeminate as Prince though, so I think you're probably right.

I think the same as Bowie.. it hurts even more because it was such a surprise and came out of nowhere.

It's great to see all of the tributes, stories, and praise, coming from all manners of people, cities, groups, and so on. It's a testament to how much Prince impacted people's lives.

He will truly be missed.

i'm a 30+ year old man...never met dude, but was introduced to his music at a very young age...he inspired my love of rock and guitars...i've read just about every book on him...i have over 4 days straight of music by him in my PR!NCE playlist...anyone that's ever been close to me knows just how big of a fan of his i am.

i cried tonight.

i have over 4 days straight of music by him in my PR!NCE playlist..
His songs arent' on streaming sites so I had to bust out the MP3 CD I made of all his old albums. I made this over 10 years ago. Surprised it still works 
laugh.gif

Bumping it now 
smokin.gif

Last edited:
Two celebs recently pass due to painkiller OD(allegedly). Goes to show America's drug policies are broken. Lets stop handing out painkillers like their candy. Seems more normal than not.
:smh:
We got a well known NTer who seems to have wild episodes on percs. I know two ppl who passed due to oxys. Soul stealing pills.

Last edited:
i have over 4 days straight of music by him in my PR!NCE playlist..

His songs arent' on streaming sites so I had to bust out the MP3 CD I made of all his old albums. I made this over 10 years ago. Surprised it still works :lol:

Bumping it now :smokin  

i have so many of dude's cds that i couldn't keep track of them all, so i had to put them on my ipod 10 years ago. i tried playing his first cd on my way home tonight, but i had to turn it off. the pain is real.

why did it freakin' rain tonight?

i'm a 30+ year old man...never met dude, but was introduced to his music at a very young age...he inspired my love of rock and guitars...i've read just about every book on him...i have over 4 days straight of music by him in my PR!NCE playlist...anyone that's ever been close to me knows just how big of a fan of his i am.

i cried tonight.

I've cried multiple times throughout the day. Music is my number 1 hobby/interest and in my world he was #1 at it. All my creative energy is a direct influence from him. Had the day off and spent the entire day listening to albums/watching videos and I got Purple Rain ready to watch before I go to bed. I wasn't even old enough to get to feel his true impact when he was on top and this still is killing me.

If I Was Your Girlfriend
I Could Never Take The Place Of Your Man
I Would Die 4 U
Raspberry Beret
I Wanna Be Your Lover

Were among the first few I hit when this went down.

Hopped around from bar to bar tonight embracing the energy. It was so dope, though I wish I had the privilege of being in NYC tonight. Can't imagine the sets and energy.

Man, what a loss. So many are going to be fortunate to be able to appreciate his musical prowess, albeit after his death. My older sister introduced me to Prince, and I recall her vividly encouraging me to attend his last show in DC, though the costs were egregious. He rocked on for three hours. The acoustics sounded phenomenal. To my left was a 70 year old black man. To my right was a 25 year old white woman. The crowd was beautifully cluttered with such a diversity of age, demographics, and cultures. That's the thing about beautiful music - it has no borders, no limits. It transcends our differences and ignites the human spirit in a singular, vivid fashion.

I got my dancing shoes on all weekend in remembrance. It's incredible to see the world collectively mourn his loss. What a talent and treat for my soul.

Last week some school kids won a contest here to choose a color to light one of our buildings downtown. They chose purple.

[emoji]128546[/emoji]

Last edited:
I was never able to get into Prince. Could never find his stuff on Youtube.

Little red corvette was awesome though :pimp:

RIP Prince!

Back
Top Bottom