***PRO-AM/COLLEGE/HS BASKETBALL/AAU PLAYERS CHIME IN..AND ASK THE REF***

bigsupa!!
help me out with this lane violation i saw at xavier vs notre dame..

so the guy at the top of the freethrow line has to wait for the ball to hit the rim
but the people in the lane don't ??

Please clarify for me what constitutes out of bounds in regards to the top of the backboard, also what is the legal def of kickball?

Please clarify for me what constitutes out of bounds in regards to the top of the backboard, also what is the legal def of kickball?

Originally Posted by supahoopa

bigsupa!!

so the guy at the top of the freethrow line has to wait for the ball to hit the rim
To be perfectly honest, the lane violations that have been called in the tourney are violations (by definition), but no ref in his right mind would call it under those circumstances. How many times did you see a lane violation in college basketball this season? And now you have two violation calls that directly affected the outcome of two important games? That's not how it works. You're supposed to call it all season and set the precedent, rather than ignore it all season and then decide to call it in the biggest games of the year. That's why the NCAA is a joke. The refs are awful. They probably have their own brackets they're trying to save.

bigsupa!!

To be perfectly honest, the lane violations that have been called in the tourney are violations (by definition), but no ref in his right mind would call it under those circumstances. How many times did you see a lane violation in college basketball this season? And now you have two violation calls that directly affected the outcome of two important games? That's not how it works. You're supposed to call it all season and set the precedent, rather than ignore it all season and then decide to call it in the biggest games of the year. That's why the NCAA is a joke. The refs are awful. They probably have their own brackets they're trying to save.

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

bigsupa!!

i think ive seen a lane violation maybe twice in the last past 5 years..

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

bigsupa!!

i think ive seen a lane violation maybe twice in the last past 5 years..

SORRY ABOUT THE DELAY GUYS...

I WAS WORKING THE D3 NCAA'S THIS WEEKEND...

YEA supahoopa PLAYERS IN THE PAINT GO IN ON THE RELEASE EVERYONE INCLUDING THE SHOOTER HAS TO WAIT TILL IT HITS THE RIM.

AS FOR dmbrhs IF YOU THINK THE NCAA IS A JOKE WHAT DO YOU THE THINK THE LEAGUE IS?? THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE LEAGUE AND NCAA IS THAT THE LEAGUE IS A BUSINESS RUN BY A LIL WHITE GUY THAT PROBABLY CAN'T EVEN DRIBBLE BETWEEN HIS LEGS.

HERE'S A QUICK WAY OF DETERMINING WHICH REFS ARE PLACED IN WHAT GAMES. THE D1-A COMMISSIONER GETS A LIST FROM ALL CONFERENCE SUPERVISOR OF OFFICIALS. THEY EACH SELECT THE REFS FROM THEIR OWN CONFERENCES WHO THEY FEEL WILL REPRESENT THE CONFERENCE THE BEST. ONCE SELECTED YOU GET PUT IN A POOL AND YOU GET SHIPPED TO THE LOCATIONS. ONCE IN THE TOURNAMENT THERE IS AN OBSERVER WHO OBSERVES AND MAKES NOTES ON CERTAIN PLAYS.

I MEAN YEA THIS YEAR THERE HAVE BEEN PLENTY OF QUESTIONABLE CALLS IN THIS TOURNAMENT AND I KNOW A COUPLE OF GUYS PERSONALLY WHO HAVE BEEN ON THAT GAME.

PEOPLE LIKE TO BASH US AND TRY TO BELITTLE US WHEN THEY WON'T HAVE THE BALLS TO SO WHAT WE DO.

WE DON'T DRIBBLE, PASS, OR SHOOT THE BALL ON THE COURT...IF THE PLAYERS WOULD HANDLE THEIR BUSINESS WE CAN JUST RUN UP AND DOWN THE COURT AND BREAK A LIL SWEAT FOR AN HOUR OR SO.

You still aint tell us how to get certified.

And you worked the d3 NCAA's? where at? My squad got elimainated but I'm still curious.

And you worked the d3 NCAA's? where at? My squad got elimainated but I'm still curious.

Originally Posted by PharelFor3

YES I DID...LOOK UP..
Originally Posted by bigsupa

@ME NO PASS
1st you gotta get IAABO certified go to iaabo.org and see if your area has a board you can apply to
I HAD TO GO TO VA. FOR THE SEMI'S WA SQUAD ARE YOU ON?

How in the world did the ref call a foul on Trey Burke when he blocked Sivas dunk? All ball and from what I can see he didnt get him with the body. Horrible call.

How in the world did the ref call a foul on Trey Burke when he blocked Sivas dunk? All ball and from what I can see he didnt get him with the body. Horrible call.

Tony is a veteran in the ACC and the Big 10..

All I heard was he was upset at himself as soon as he blew his whistle..

Short story..

We make mistakes

Tony is a veteran in the ACC and the Big 10..

All I heard was he was upset at himself as soon as he blew his whistle..

Short story..

We make mistakes

should have said inadvertent whistle or called a jump ball. Terrible call

should have said inadvertent whistle or called a jump ball. Terrible call
At that point in time a inadvertent whistle or jump ball would have been worse..

Fouls are not rules.. They are judgement calls. He made a bad judgement not a bad call. There's a difference. From what I have heard the supervisor gave him an earful but understood the issue.

Once we go up with a fist "a foul" we can't review or renig on it.. An open palm "a violation" can be over turned and over ruled..

bigsupa, I enjoy the ref insights you provide - keep it up!

Peace
F Sharp005

No problem man.. That's what im here for.. For my #NTfambs

@bigsupa_nt

Mega late bump

It's been a while but as I noticed my CAPS are gone.

But the season is startin up and if ya got questions hmu!

Back
Top Bottom