***PRO-AM/COLLEGE/HS BASKETBALL/AAU PLAYERS CHIME IN..AND ASK THE REF***

Originally Posted by bigsupa

Originally Posted by Mr Marcus

AS FAR AS YOUR GAMBLING. AS LONG AS YOU USE AN ALIAS WHEN PLACING BETS AND NOT A LOT OF PEOPLE KNOW ABOUT IT YOU CAN WORK. I WORK WITH A LOT OF GAMBLERS JUST DON'T PULL A TIM DONAHEY...
they run rampant in college....word to the 2nd half adjustment calls 

NOT AS MUCH AS YOU THINK...
college refs betting on college games....i wonder if they bet games they work on
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

reffing seems like a solid gig...i love bball and wouldnt mind learning more about the game and getting certified

Originally Posted by Mr Marcus

AS FAR AS YOUR GAMBLING. AS LONG AS YOU USE AN ALIAS WHEN PLACING BETS AND NOT A LOT OF PEOPLE KNOW ABOUT IT YOU CAN WORK. I WORK WITH A LOT OF GAMBLERS JUST DON'T PULL A TIM DONAHEY...
they run rampant in college....word to the 2nd half adjustment calls 

NOT AS MUCH AS YOU THINK...
college refs betting on college games....i wonder if they bet games they work on
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

reffing seems like a solid gig...i love bball and wouldnt mind learning more about the game and getting certified

I SAW THIS RECENTLY AND WANTED TO VOMIT.
I explained it in the other thread how this happens: Eastern Washington is football country (it's like Texas out there). Big farm kids. Basketball  is secondary. The problem is you have coaches who just need big bodies to play center, so they just go to the football team, tap a couple O-linemen on the shoulder, and ask them to play. It's a recipe for disaster, as evident by this video. However, after watching it, I came away with these conclusions:

Foul #1 Could go either way. It was a play on the ball, albeit it very physical. He did come down with his arm and there was body contact. I think it looked worse than the actual play.
Foul #2 is just a dumb foul. Not flagrant. Also, rebounder's foot was out of bounds before the foul. Ref should be watching feet when players are that far down low as well.
Foul #3 Flagrant, not worthy of ejection because of the pump fake. He fell for it, and made it worse by getting faked.
Foul #4 Another dumb foul, but not flagrant.
Foul #5 I'd just eject the kid. Malicious intent, late to the play, and there's follow through with both arms. Also, no remorse. I've seen refs toss guys for how they reacted after flagrants.
Foul #6 Another dumb foul, not quite as dumb as the other two dumb fouls though.

I explained it in the other thread how this happens: Eastern Washington is football country (it's like Texas out there). Big farm kids. Basketball  is secondary. The problem is you have coaches who just need big bodies to play center, so they just go to the football team, tap a couple O-linemen on the shoulder, and ask them to play. It's a recipe for disaster, as evident by this video. However, after watching it, I came away with these conclusions:

Foul #1 Could go either way. It was a play on the ball, albeit it very physical. He did come down with his arm and there was body contact. I think it looked worse than the actual play.
Foul #2 is just a dumb foul. Not flagrant. Also, rebounder's foot was out of bounds before the foul. Ref should be watching feet when players are that far down low as well.
Foul #3 Flagrant, not worthy of ejection because of the pump fake. He fell for it, and made it worse by getting faked.
Foul #5 I'd just eject the kid. Malicious intent, late to the play, and there's follow through with both arms. Also, no remorse. I've seen refs toss guys for how they reacted after flagrants.
Foul #6 Another dumb foul, not quite as dumb as the other two dumb fouls though.

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

I explained it in the other thread how this happens: Eastern Washington is football country (it's like Texas out there). Big farm kids. Basketball� is secondary. The problem is you have coaches who just need big bodies to play center, so they just go to the football team, tap a couple O-linemen on the shoulder, and ask them to play. It's a recipe for disaster, as evident by this video. However, after watching it, I came away with these conclusions:

I AGREE THEY WEREN'T ALL FLAGRANT..

FOUL 1: WOULD CALL A HARD FOUL...PENALTY IS JUST LIKE AN INTENTIONAL 2 SHOTS AND THE BALL.
FOUL 2: AUTOMATIC INTENTIONAL 2 HANDS AND A SHOVE WITH NO ATTEMPT TO PLAY THE BALL...IF THIS WAS THE SAME PLAYER AS THE 1ST FOUL THEN OUT GOES THE INTENTIONAL AND IN COMES FLAGRANT...

AFTER THESE 2 TYPES OF FOULS REAL REFS WOULD HAVE GOTTEN TOGETHER AND DISCUSSED THE SITUATIONS AND ANY HARD MALICIOUS FOULS WOULD HAVE BEEN RULED FLAGRANT.

IF COACH WANTS TO PUT IN FOOTBALL PLAYERS OR LACROSSE PLAYERS THEN THEY ARENT INTERESTED IN PLAYING BASKETBALL AND THOSE KIDS SHOULD JUST RIDE THE BENCH...

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

I explained it in the other thread how this happens: Eastern Washington is football country (it's like Texas out there). Big farm kids. Basketball� is secondary. The problem is you have coaches who just need big bodies to play center, so they just go to the football team, tap a couple O-linemen on the shoulder, and ask them to play. It's a recipe for disaster, as evident by this video. However, after watching it, I came away with these conclusions:

I AGREE THEY WEREN'T ALL FLAGRANT..

FOUL 1: WOULD CALL A HARD FOUL...PENALTY IS JUST LIKE AN INTENTIONAL 2 SHOTS AND THE BALL.
FOUL 2: AUTOMATIC INTENTIONAL 2 HANDS AND A SHOVE WITH NO ATTEMPT TO PLAY THE BALL...IF THIS WAS THE SAME PLAYER AS THE 1ST FOUL THEN OUT GOES THE INTENTIONAL AND IN COMES FLAGRANT...

AFTER THESE 2 TYPES OF FOULS REAL REFS WOULD HAVE GOTTEN TOGETHER AND DISCUSSED THE SITUATIONS AND ANY HARD MALICIOUS FOULS WOULD HAVE BEEN RULED FLAGRANT.

IF COACH WANTS TO PUT IN FOOTBALL PLAYERS OR LACROSSE PLAYERS THEN THEY ARENT INTERESTED IN PLAYING BASKETBALL AND THOSE KIDS SHOULD JUST RIDE THE BENCH...

Say theres 1.5 seconds left on the clock in regulation and its a situation where team A needs to inbound the ball while they are up 1 point. Team B obviously needs to foul so team A could get to the line and shoot free throws, etc. If Team A throws the ball in and the player receiving the ball immediately just throws the ball in the air long enough for the 1.5 seconds to pass, is that a legal play?

Pretty sure it is, dont know why more teams dont do it.

Say theres 1.5 seconds left on the clock in regulation and its a situation where team A needs to inbound the ball while they are up 1 point. Team B obviously needs to foul so team A could get to the line and shoot free throws, etc. If Team A throws the ball in and the player receiving the ball immediately just throws the ball in the air long enough for the 1.5 seconds to pass, is that a legal play?

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

I am not sure it is legal in every sense. I was taught that it isnt out unless it strikes something out of bounds or is clearly out (two rows deep sort of out) once again not sure. But as long as it is within the lines it is a good play. 
My dad a HUGE fan of showtime Lakers would also tell me about the "smartest play" he ever saw; Magic caught the inbounds pass up 3 and threw it down to the other end with the ball rolling out of bounds with tenths of a second left. Just plain genius......

I am not sure it is legal in every sense. I was taught that it isnt out unless it strikes something out of bounds or is clearly out (two rows deep sort of out) once again not sure. But as long as it is within the lines it is a good play. 
My dad a HUGE fan of showtime Lakers would also tell me about the "smartest play" he ever saw; Magic caught the inbounds pass up 3 and threw it down to the other end with the ball rolling out of bounds with tenths of a second left. Just plain genius......

THERE IS NO RULE THAT SAYS IT ISN'T SO YEA ITS LEGAL...SMART PLAY INDEED.

HERE'S SOMETHING I HAD EARLY THIS YEAR...

TEAM A IS UP BY 4. TEAM HITS A 3 WITH 6 SEC TO GO IN REGULATION. PLAYER ON A GRABS THE BALL SLOWLY AND GOES OUT OF BOUNDS TO INBOUNDS THAN STARTS LAUGHING...BUZZER SOUNDS GAME OVER.

EVEN THOUGH THE RULE IS YOU HAVE 5 SEC TO INBOUNDS A BALL, IN THIS CASE, PLAYER A1 ATE UP 2 SECONDS WHILE GETTING THE BALL THEN WALKING OUT OF BOUNDS LEAVING ONLY 4 SEC LEFT SO HE DIDN'T HAVE TO INBOUND THE BALL.

COACHES:
THE ONLY WAY AROUND IT IS TO FOUL A PLAYER THAT IS MOVING IF YOU FOUL A PLAYER THAT IS STANDING STILL YOU RISK THE CHANCE OF BEING HIT WITH AN INTENTIONAL (2 SHOTS AND THE BALL BACK) BUT IF THE PLAYER IS MOVING TO TRY AND MAKE A PLAY AT THE BALL AND HE IS BUMPED THE CHANCES ARE A LOT LESS SLIMMER THAN A PLAYER STANDING STILL.

TEAM A IS UP BY 4. TEAM HITS A 3 WITH 6 SEC TO GO IN REGULATION. PLAYER ON A GRABS THE BALL SLOWLY AND GOES OUT OF BOUNDS TO INBOUNDS THAN STARTS LAUGHING...BUZZER SOUNDS GAME OVER.

EVEN THOUGH THE RULE IS YOU HAVE 5 SEC TO INBOUNDS A BALL, IN THIS CASE, PLAYER A1 ATE UP 2 SECONDS WHILE GETTING THE BALL THEN WALKING OUT OF BOUNDS LEAVING ONLY 4 SEC LEFT SO HE DIDN'T HAVE TO INBOUND THE BALL.

COACHES:
THE ONLY WAY AROUND IT IS TO FOUL A PLAYER THAT IS MOVING IF YOU FOUL A PLAYER THAT IS STANDING STILL YOU RISK THE CHANCE OF BEING HIT WITH AN INTENTIONAL (2 SHOTS AND THE BALL BACK) BUT IF THE PLAYER IS MOVING TO TRY AND MAKE A PLAY AT THE BALL AND HE IS BUMPED THE CHANCES ARE A LOT LESS SLIMMER THAN A PLAYER STANDING STILL.

I don't know if this has been asked, but say if team A is inbounding the ball on the side....the player inbounding the ball throws an intended lob to his teammate towards the basket, the ball goes in without ANYONE touching it but the inbounder from out of bounds.......what's the call?
nerd.gif

I don't know if this has been asked, but say if team A is inbounding the ball on the side....the player inbounding the ball throws an intended lob to his teammate towards the basket, the ball goes in without ANYONE touching it but the inbounder from out of bounds.......what's the call?
nerd.gif

^^ITS A VIOLATION...

YOU CANNOT SCORE A BASKET WHILE A PLAYER IS STANDING OUT OF BOUNDS...

IF THE BALL TOUCHES THE RIM OR BACKBOARD ITS LEGAL JUST CAN'T GO IN.

^^ITS A VIOLATION...

YOU CANNOT SCORE A BASKET WHILE A PLAYER IS STANDING OUT OF BOUNDS...

IF THE BALL TOUCHES THE RIM OR BACKBOARD ITS LEGAL JUST CAN'T GO IN.

COACHES:
was this with a running clock? i assumed the game clock stopped after the made basket (but im not versed in HS/AAU/other rules)

COACHES:
was this with a running clock? i assumed the game clock stopped after the made basket (but im not versed in HS/AAU/other rules)

@frink that was in a HS game the clock continues to run..in NCAA and the NBA that would not work cuz the clock stops

In NCAA it stops after a made basket with less than a minute

@ME NO PASS
1st you gotta get IAABO certified go to iaabo.org and see if your area has a board you can apply to

@frink that was in a HS game the clock continues to run..in NCAA and the NBA that would not work cuz the clock stops

In NCAA it stops after a made basket with less than a minute

@ME NO PASS
1st you gotta get IAABO certified go to iaabo.org and see if your area has a board you can apply to

bigsupa!!
help me out with this lane violation i saw at xavier vs notre dame..

so the guy at the top of the freethrow line has to wait for the ball to hit the rim
but the people in the lane don't ??

Back
Top Bottom