Promise rings YAY or NAY

Nope. Whats a promise ring anyway? I promise to propose to you? Why not just propose then?

Waste of money. Just save for the real thing.

Originally Posted by West2East

Nope. Whats a promise ring anyway? I promise to propose to you? Why not just propose then?

It's a stall ring.

$500 ring to stall engagement crap for a few years and breathe easy > dealing with engagement crap sooner than you want/have to.

I dont know about that promise ring. As far as her wanting you to take that next step, im my opinion its too soon for that.

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by CIDMAN911

It's a stall ring.

$500 ring to stall engagement crap for a few years and breathe easy > dealing with engagement crap sooner than you want/have to.
this man gets it
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

but to answer east2west question it can be a wide range of things its just wat the name says but in my case it would be the ring before the engagement ring
I'm for the promise ring only if you mean it.
and i will
smile.gif

Originally Posted by CasperJr

Originally Posted by CIDMAN911

It's a stall ring.

this man gets it
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

but to answer east2west question it can be a wide range of things its just wat the name says but in my case it would be the ring before the engagement ring
I'm for the promise ring only if you mean it.
and i will
smile.gif

Aaaayyyyyyy....

Who do you think yoose dealing with, eh.

Come on.

fonzie.jpg

uhm, I think the gesture is nice...but like someone said, a promise ring is HS. Just buy her a nice piece of jewelry, like a tennis bracelet, nice necklace,etc.

Originally Posted by jwalker123

nay 6 years and she just now trying to be wifed
G you gone have to explain this one
laugh.gif

at wat point should she been trying to get wifed
laugh.gif

I just don't get it at all but maybe because I happen to think the idea of a promise ring is ludicrous. Why the need to stall? Why not communicate abouthow you're not ready for an engagement? Why not try and get on the same page so that the other party realizes your reasons for not doing so. Maybe it'sjust me but one party pressuring the other to do something they aren't ready to do doesn't seem like something you should be "rewarded" for.I guess maybe people see it as a compromise?

IDK. All I know is if my SO gave me one I'd think it was silly.

my grandpa and grandma were married for 38 yrs and pops used to always tell me theres only 3 rings in a relationship..engagement ring, a wedding ring, andsuffering

so I say Nay

I just don't get it at all but maybe because I happen to think the idea of a promise ring is ludicrous. Why the need to stall? Why not communicate about how you're not ready for an engagement? Why not try and get on the same page so that the other party realizes your reasons for not doing so. Maybe it's just me but one party pressuring the other to do something they aren't ready to do doesn't seem like something you should be "rewarded" for. I guess maybe people see it as a compromise?

this makes sense...

if you dont know how to communicate it with her here's an idea:

Watch: Shes Just Not That Into You

That movie is full of guys who pulled the move too early and end up f ing things up after wards.
and the one dude who waited till he was ready got to live happily ever after...
after you done watching just b like you dont wanna b those broads... you wanna b this one... and so on

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

were I'm from girls try to get wifed after 1 year of a relationship mine dont make it that far though

Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa...

When the hell did West2East become a mod on this board?

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

were I'm from girls try to get wifed after 1 year of a relationship mine dont make it that far though
were you from theres alot of dumb people i see
laugh.gif

I just don't get it at all but maybe because I happen to think the idea of a promise ring is ludicrous. Why the need to stall? Why not communicate about how you're not ready for an engagement? Why not try and get on the same page so that the other party realizes your reasons for not doing so. Maybe it's just me but one party pressuring the other to do something they aren't ready to do doesn't seem like something you should be "rewarded" for. I guess maybe people see it as a compromise?

If you know this is THE ONE.

You gotta do little things to shut their yap. Even if you do feel you're communicating a lot. There's all these little unwritten laws and codes torelationship happiness that both you and her know just ain't 100% right, but they keep things healthy.

Like I don't know....You wanna go to the strip club with your boys, you tell her, she says its okay. She KNOWS you're gonna act a damn fool up in thatplace, drunk and touching on mad booty and *******, but to keep things healthy she'll roll with the punches for the sake of the relationship.

It sucks to compromise certain things, but it's what keeps 2 people happy and going.

You're never really gonna find someone to totally agree with you on everything. Even if you spent days communicating on a subject, it's just not gonnahappen.

I'd say, yay/nay. Sometimes chicks need something to believe in I guess. I would go with a necklace before a ring though honestly. That ring finger issomething serious.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

were you from theres alot of dumb people i see
laugh.gif
yeah they get wifed because of ur sig

youre gonna break up or get divorced in the future, I mean you been with her since you were 15, that wont last

that being said, Im never wearing a ring for a female, not even when Im married, and if she wont put up with that, she dont need to marry me

Back
Top Bottom