PROTEGE Info Post - 7 new models, Pg 16

bolok tnx for your mini review. you got me thinking to drop by kmart to grab some jacksons= freshhhh design

I'm going to pass on those ankle breakers. Don't have the medical insurance to pay for the bill.
laugh.gif

the a3h is cut really low and has almost no cushioning in the forefoot. the stackjacks have much better cushioning and a higher cut, but the upper material isterrible. im not even sure what to call it.

The A3H is the same height as the Jordan 23 just shaped different. The material on the stackjack is called leather.

Originally Posted by Yimoney23

I'm going to pass on those ankle breakers. Don't have the medical insurance to pay for the bill.
laugh.gif
you can sprain your ankle with any other shoe out in the market when you step on somebody's foot or something

Stack Jack's were reported to have official Alligator material, only on his game shoe pair for one game right?

-Remember an old SFGate article covering the Warriors early season and this was the story. Nobody needs official alligator on their balling shoes either, andit would dramatically drive up the cost of course, so the texture style is cool enough.

I dunno if I was just imagining, but does Jack have a Navy/Orange Away pair with gum soles?

Comparisons sake, they look way better here:

2d7vx49.jpg

Than in the Kmart.com stock pics here:

2yngc9h.jpg

In person is it bright orange, or a gum sole brown?

Kmart.com has FREE SHIPPING until 2-21-09

Originally Posted by goldenstackz

The A3H is the same height as the Jordan 23 just shaped different. The material on the stackjack is called leather.
the a3h is about the same height as the 23 low. its a 5/8 cut where its a little higher than a typical low top shoe but its definitely not a hightop. even the product description acknowledges that its lower cut than the other models. it calls the a3h a mid-cut shoe while calling the others high-cutbasketball shoes.

they look the same height due to a double lasted upper. of you push right above the rubber you feel the foam cushioning. with the a3h when you push right abovethe rubber you feel your foot....theres a big difference between a shoe that hides the cushioning and a shoe that doesn't have cushioning.

i know some of it is leather...way to be a tool. im talking about that alligator printed plastic-like material that is super flimsy.

i really wanted to like these, but now that i play outdoors i just can't do it. i used to play indoors in some vandals but the wood floor gives a ton morethan the cement.

I can't front when I 1st saw these being advertised in XXl Mags I was like
smh.gif
, but after seeing some of the designs and the price I can respect these dudesfor what they're doing

And imo these look better than alot of reebok and converse hoop shoes

Thanks for the review bolok. I am going to hit up my Kmart and grab me 2 pairs. I really like what Harrington & Jackson are doing.

I ain't gonna lie...I really wasn't too up about Protege when I first saw the ad on Slam magazine...but after hearing what Harrington and Jackson istrying to do with this brand and also seeing TNT's segment on what they did during last year's holiday season, I started to change my thoughts aboutProtege brand. I picked up a pair of a3h and Stackjack...also a pair of shorts, too! I guess $13 basketball shorts just did it for me. LOL. Haven't balledin a3h but Stackjack is pretty good shoe to ball in, I usually ball in And1s or Nikes but with the designs and price that these dudes are putting out, I givemad respect to them. It performs pretty good, too.

Purchased the Stackjacks with the free shipping, I hope these are decent. Probably will end up using them as beaters, and if they're good enough, maybesome outdoor hoops.

Orange and Black hit for playoffs, Played ball with Dallas today and he had them on. They got nubuc straps with perfed gator patent leather. He showed me thenew cushion and how he made the shoe even lighter.

i got my black/white stackjacks last night (almost returned them after the clippers game lol jk) and they're dope! they look cool with jeans too. i mighthave to go back and cop another pair..

dsc01347.jpg

dsc01348.jpg

Originally Posted by 940sicc3

i got my black/white stackjacks last night (almost returned them after the clippers game lol jk) and they're dope! they look cool with jeans too. i might have to go back and cop another pair..

Copping this pair. Too bad the red version isn't coming out, when I saw them in a mag I jumped on kmart.com to buy them. Even my girl was like "Youhave to cop the red ones".

Just received my Stackjacks in the mail (the navy version) and they feel pretty good just tryin em on. They seem like they're good for outdoor hoops.

I just wore my Stackjacks to the gym for a workout today, they felt decent. There's an obvious difference compared to more expensive Jordans, but for theprice it's not bad at all. Here's a pic of them, but it's really crappy because it's from my cell
6b0256e4dbaa44cfc8f97c8bece08fe4c07af12.jpg

Back
Top Bottom