Provide a DETAILED REASON why a shoe is fake or be BANNED! 3 STRIKES!!

Hello Japino.

I am glad that a moderator has finally come in in this forum. It has been a long time since this forum has seen any sign of governance. It is like having rules/laws without anyone implementing the penalties, the rules wouldn't really have any teeth. I got a strike and it was because I did a co-sign and I really thought that was alright since I have been doing that in the past and no one has ever really called my attention and I have seen a lot of other members doing the same thing without being warned or given a strike.

It is good that now someone higher than the members will actually ensure that the rules are being followed and not abused. I am not justifying why I got a strike, I deserved it and I made an honest mistake which I intend to correct permanently. I will make sure I don't co-sign again and that I really read through the ROC. Thanks sir and it should be a pleasure to have you in this forum. God bless
JOHN 3:16For God so loved the world that He gave His only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him will not perish but have everlasting life

And I hope ALL moderators also set a good example as I have seen a moderator in another forum just saying FAKE for a reason that is totally UNFOUNDED or BASELESS. What's worse, the item that he said was FAKE was actually AUTHENTIC and the TAGGED photos of the seller showed it as well as the buyer's feedback which mentioned that the item was authentic. A few months after, a member from the same regional forum actually just said FAKE to a legit check on a seller's item with no reason whatsoever despite the seller's item being authentic. He must have thought it was fine to say FAKE without a clear reason why.

I don't want to mention names because I believe that's not important anymore and I don't want the moderator to give me an undeserved strike/ban for calling out what he did which was clearly WRONG. I believe NT moderators should uphold a certain level of integrity and consistency because it could set a bad precedent for other members to violate the ROC. If the moderator does it, why can't I, right?

Thanks again and more power to NT. God bless!!!
JOHN 3:16For God so loved the world that He gave His only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him will not perish but have everlasting life

Quote:
And I hope ALL moderators also set a good example as I have seen a moderator in another forum just saying FAKE for a reason that is totally UNFOUNDED or BASELESS. What's worse, the item that he said was FAKE was actually AUTHENTIC and the TAGGED photos of the seller showed it as well as the buyer's feedback which mentioned that the item was authentic. A few months after, a member from the same regional forum actually just said FAKE to a legit check on a seller's item with no reason whatsoever despite the seller's item being authentic. He must have thought it was fine to say FAKE without a clear reason why.

I don't want to mention names because I believe that's not important anymore and I don't want the moderator to give me an undeserved strike/ban for calling out what he did which was clearly WRONG. I believe NT moderators should uphold a certain level of integrity and consistency because it could set a bad precedent for other members to violate the ROC. If the moderator does it, why can't I, right?

Thanks again and more power to NT. God bless!!!
:smile:
smile.gif
:wink:
wink.gif
Indohan

^^^ Thanks for your opinion, Indo. I really never meant it to be understood that way. I tried to be as objective as possible when I said it though and do not intend on bringing down anyone. I sincerely hope I did not insult anyone and I firmly I believe I have not. I have always been courteous and respectful on NT and am always mindful of what I say. Fact remains, we are being scrutinized for what we say on NT because we should abide by the rules and it is just fair and just that everyone, including the mods/admin, should be subject to that.

Everyone on NT is expected to follow the ROC, most especially the people who manage this site. Thanks again and more power and success to NT!!!!

wait guys no one stated this is it a monthly ban or a permanent ban???
WANTED!!!
EVERY JORDAN 6 HIGH ICY AND DS!!!
((FOUNDER))
T E A M I C E
I got kicks for sale sizes 5-7.5

^wat ya nt owners mean untill it shapes up. when it does a banned a person can get there membership back b/c wat u said up there did not make no sence in thebeginning u sayin banned then u saying untill it shapes up which 1 is it.

wow we have our first strike out with ctownballer. I can't say that i'm very surprised though. ijapino you really stepped up your game in this forum,nice work.

looks like ctownballer has the dubious distinction of being the first one banned.......congratulations ctown...lol

Originally Posted by xdomx18

are there only certain people that are aloud to post in the legit check forum?

Anybody can post as long as they abide by the forum rules.

i still c ppl just sayin legit 4 an Lc either ppl r sayin that or it looks good 2 me without stateing reasons idk if ne mods have favorites in the Lc checkforum thats a regular. I feel that if they not a mod they should not just say legit b/c us ppl w/o high # of post compare wit the ppl wit a high # of posts. Ifthey r not a mod the rule should go 4 them 2 like u said ijapino facts must b stated and i dont c that from ppl wit high post.

Originally Posted by aeyJ23

i still c ppl just sayin legit 4 an Lc either ppl r sayin that or it looks good 2 me without stateing reasons idk if ne mods have favorites in the Lc check forum thats a regular. I feel that if they not a mod they should not just say legit b/c us ppl w/o high # of post compare wit the ppl wit a high # of posts. If they r not a mod the rule should go 4 them 2 like u said ijapino facts must b stated and i dont c that from ppl wit high post.

indifferent.gif

Read the rule again. Mods don't havefavorites.
grin.gif
laugh.gif

Seriously, though.
alien.gif

i still c ppl just sayin legit 4 an Lc either ppl r sayin that or it looks good 2 me without stateing reasons idk if ne mods have favorites in the Lc check forum thats a regular. I feel that if they not a mod they should not just say legit b/c us ppl w/o high # of post compare wit the ppl wit a high # of posts. If they r not a mod the rule should go 4 them 2 like u said ijapino facts must b stated and i dont c that from ppl wit high post.
I'm more concerned with people giving reasons for "fake" shoes. Not Legit ones.

A legit shoe is easy to identify since they should always be the same color, height, material, etc...

A fake shoe, however, are not always the same. Example: One factory makes a black/red Air Jordan XI. The color's perfect, the spacing on the 2 and 3 aredead on, but the only thing that identifies them as fake is the carbon fiber. A second factory makes another black/red Air Jordan XI. But this time the carbonfiber is an exact match to a legit pair. Everything might be perfect except another minor flaw such as the shoe tag's date not touching the bar code.

Make sense?

I guess the easiest way to explain the situation is that we're trying to distinguish fakes from real shoes, not real shoes from fakes.

I hope you understand.

i understand wat u saying that us here in the Lc forum want 2 let ppl no y shoes r fake or not

Maybe you're saying about me.
Look. If I say legit, and you have no idea why they are legit, you should see the details of the pictures.
Because all the details that legit pairs have are exactly the same (except B-grades, which are almost impossible to differentiate).

In the other hand, fake pairs do not always have the same details.
Let's take ijapino's example.
Some fake XI has 23 spacing, some doesn't.
Some fake XI space jam even have all black carbon fiber, some black/white carbon fiber.
That is why he emphasizes more on stating reason for fakes rather than legit.

MODS DO NOT HAVE FAVORITE HELPERS HERE.
If you're here long enough, you know who are CanadianBaller and Philly the Kidd.
They have high number of post; they have strikes. Reasons for strikes are clear.
Also, if you notice, all of the strikes given were the strikes that stating shoes are fakes without any clear reasons.
There is no strikes given on the list for saying "LEGIT".

the reason for saying legit is always the same: they do not look fake! there is no need to say why they look like they are supposed to... how can anyone listout every detail that is correct on a legit shoe, since that would be every detail?

Stating reasons why it's legit is kinda useless in alot of cases if you look at it. Because you're gonna hear the same thing over and over"Shape is correct, boxtag/font is good etc." How is that gonna help anyone unless you compare pic to pic a legit sneaker to a fake one? And sinceeach fake might have a different variation it really saves people time to just tell them that shoe is legit and to use that picture as a guide. I understand ifit's a shoe that has a common fake theme to it (e.g. Flint XIII's fakes never have the 3M on the side or XI's always have painted on carbon fiber)So saying that the 3M/Carbon Fiber is good would help the new people in the sneaker game to spot but in general it really won't make a difference. If youreally wanna help them out when they post a fake shoe post a pic of the legit one and compare the two.

Back
Top Bottom