PS3 | OT | Call of Duty 4 Tournament IX | Info on PG19 | 1st RD Bracket Updated PG29

Team 4 
pimp.gif

In Miami this weekend so I hope there are no games.

Alex

3 week season? When did we agree on that? I think we should just test the waters first with a tourny. I'm not tryna play through another failed season like the last one.

1 round eliminations, best of 5 and same as the season playoff rules. It'll be over in 3 weeks. This whole FA mess didn't start until we started doing seasons. When it was tournys people just played with the teams they had.

3 week season? When did we agree on that? I think we should just test the waters first with a tourny. I'm not tryna play through another failed season like the last one.

1 round eliminations, best of 5 and same as the season playoff rules. It'll be over in 3 weeks. This whole FA mess didn't start until we started doing seasons. When it was tournys people just played with the teams they had.

Originally Posted by MJair

Originally Posted by empirestrikesfirst

Alright so this is just a theory on Free Agency after the captains discussed it. Feel free to add or critique it and we will see what works.
First off, everyones top 2 players (other than the Captain themselves) are untouchable. They can be traded, but cannot be dropped UNLESS they post saying they drop from the tournament. If this happens, you can basically take whoever on the free-agency list to replace them.

The bottom 3 players are able to be dropped to the free-agency pool. 

Once we have free-agents sign up, the captains will place each in a category: tier 1, 2, or 3 free agent. 3 being the better free-agent, 1 being being lowest.

Now this is kind of what I was thinking.

Best players in Free-Agency (Tier 3) require a team to drop all three of their available players. To fill out the open spots, you can only take Tier 1 players to fill. Tier 2 players would take your bottom 2, while Tier 1 players would be one for one.
There we have a good set up for how FAs will work. If people want to trade 2-3 players for someone else they shouldn't be allowed to refill their team, even if it's just tier 1 players.

Yea, but in TDM, having less is an advantage, especially if they smaller team has more skilled players.
I'd rather have a team also pick up 2 scrubs.

Alright so this is just a theory on Free Agency after the captains discussed it. Feel free to add or critique it and we will see what works.
First off, everyones top 2 players (other than the Captain themselves) are untouchable. They can be traded, but cannot be dropped UNLESS they post saying they drop from the tournament. If this happens, you can basically take whoever on the free-agency list to replace them.

Once we have free-agents sign up, the captains will place each in a category: tier 1, 2, or 3 free agent. 3 being the better free-agent, 1 being being lowest.

Best players in Free-Agency (Tier 3) require a team to drop all three of their available players. To fill out the open spots, you can only take Tier 1 players to fill. Tier 2 players would take your bottom 2, while Tier 1 players would be one for one.
There we have a good set up for how FAs will work. If people want to trade 2-3 players for someone else they shouldn't be allowed to refill their team, even if it's just tier 1 players.

Yea, but in TDM, having less is an advantage, especially if they smaller team has more skilled players.

surprisingly, im kinda agreeing with what bayarea has been saying so far

let 60 people sign up and only 40 get picked... the 20 left over are free agents. if u wanna draft a good free agent and get rid of two wack players, then so be it. no take backs.

i heard boost talking about doing a 3 week season instead of 4. im fine with it, but if the majority wants a simple tournament style then lets just do that for now and see if we can extend it to a season if things go accordingly.

k/d ratio doesnt really matter, but only to a certain extent. dont try to deny that ur picking up people without looking at their k/d. i knew pootaing was gonna sign up as a free agent once the draft was over.
laugh.gif

just sign up daema, pootaing, ikon, andwhoever else wants to join. lets just get this over with 
pimp.gif

surprisingly, im kinda agreeing with what bayarea has been saying so far

let 60 people sign up and only 40 get picked... the 20 left over are free agents. if u wanna draft a good free agent and get rid of two wack players, then so be it. no take backs.

i heard boost talking about doing a 3 week season instead of 4. im fine with it, but if the majority wants a simple tournament style then lets just do that for now and see if we can extend it to a season if things go accordingly.

k/d ratio doesnt really matter, but only to a certain extent. dont try to deny that ur picking up people without looking at their k/d. i knew pootaing was gonna sign up as a free agent once the draft was over.
laugh.gif

just sign up daema, pootaing, ikon, andwhoever else wants to join. lets just get this over with 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by pootaing

see what happens when boost makes decisions

roll.gif
Mr. Gullible makes an appearance. You weren't in lobby, I didn't make that decision, fall back.

Originally Posted by pootaing

see what happens when boost makes decisions

roll.gif
Mr. Gullible makes an appearance. You weren't in lobby, I didn't make that decision, fall back.

Every decision made is majority approved by captains.

I wanted to bring back the tournament, it's written in the thread title. Last night majority captains decided for a season, a shorten 3 week season, it was the only way to get sub/free agencies. 

I voted to do a tournament style, meaning there will be no subs/free agents at all, it makes ZERO sense to have sub/free agencies in a tournament. You drafted a team, you are stuck with the them, just like the OG way.
Me, BayArea and Soulfulb choose a tournament. 

I wanted to bring back the tournament, it's written in the thread title. Last night majority captains decided for a season, a shorten 3 week season, it was the only way to get sub/free agencies. 

I voted to do a tournament style, meaning there will be no subs/free agents at all, it makes ZERO sense to have sub/free agencies in a tournament. You drafted a team, you are stuck with the them, just like the OG way.

That's if the whole tourney is TDM. I remember the last tourney I was in there were objective matches too.

That's if the whole tourney is TDM. I remember the last tourney I was in there were objective matches too.

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Where was I? 
laugh.gif
 I said nothing about a season. I was under the impression it was a tournament the whole time.

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Where was I? 
laugh.gif
 I said nothing about a season. I was under the impression it was a tournament the whole time.

Back
Top Bottom